Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Kiya Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony vapes back here today with my review of the Eleaf Kiya Kit. Disclaimer, This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from eleaf.

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Eleaf Kiya Kit is the latest kit from Eleaf and is aimed for new vapers looking to quit smoking or for MTL vapers. It’s one of the smallest mods i’ve seen similar to the old mini volt and pebble mods and has an internal battery and comes with a MTL tank the GS Juni tank. The internal battery is a 1600 mah battery and the mod itself is capable of up to 50 watts and includes all the features and modes of most eleaf mods. With a large bright screen that takes up about 75% of the front of the mod it’s easy to see and read. It’s available in 3 colors silver, black, and greenery each with a matching tank.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Size: 35.5mm25.8mm57mm
  • Weight: 96g
  • Battery capacity: 1600mAh
  • Maximum charging current: 2A Thread type: 510 thread
  • Output wattage: 1-50W
  • Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,TCR-M1,M2,M3)
  • Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
  • 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass mode)
  • Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉(TC modes)
Manufacturers Specs: Tank
  • Diameter: 20mm
  • Height: 42mm
  • Weight: 19.4g
  • E-liquid capacity: 2ml
Included in box:
  • 1x Eleaf iStick Kiya
  • 1x GS Juni Atomizer
  • 1x GS Air 0.75ohm Head
  • 1x GS Air 1.5ohm Head
  • 1x QC USB Cable
  • 2x User Manuals
  • Spare Parts
Pictures and test results
Chart:
Q6hgEq1.png

Spreadsheet:
AObHmtp.png

Stock Shot Colors Mod:
iStick-Kiya_27.jpg

Stock Shot Colors Tank:
GS-Juni_02.jpg

Size comparisons
KT6UVKt.jpg

wHtSShV.jpg

Handchecks:
cwKTbaC.jpg

is5acJw.jpg

z9ZzYjl.jpg

ziLDrky.jpg

Box and contents
IVrKppC.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the Size and feel of it. It’s the smallest mod I’ve owned by far and follows the minimalist size of mods like the mini volt and pebble and is about the same size as those 2. Despite that it can handle a 25mm atomizer without any overhang which was a great design choice as many MTL tanks are becoming 24-25mm as a standard like the ares, hastur, and zenith. It features an internal 1600mah battery which should be plenty of life for low watt vaping under 20 watts. If you want to push it to 50 watts battery life isn’t going to be great. The screen is nice an bright and takes up most of the front of the mod and displays your setting, watts, volts, amps, battery life, resistance etc. everything you need to know and it’s surprisingly feature rich with all the temp modes, TCR, bypass and preheat options. The tank itself is small, really small it’s only 20mm diameter with a 2ml capacity. It’s a bottom air bottom fill tank made for MTL vaping.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .14, .19, and .47 ohms. wattage points were max (50), 40, 30, 20, and 10. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 44 watts and 20 amps. The 20 amps were pretty much what i expected from a small internal battery mod so no complaints there and it still got close to 50 watts. The rest of the testing it hit low 2-4 watts which is pretty good for such a low resistance. At .14 it maxed out at 49. The rest of the testing it was dead on accurate to 2 watts high so very good as well. For the .19 test it maxed out at 19 watts. For the rest of the testing never off by more than 1 watt. For the .49 testing it maxed out at 52 watts The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 2 watts

Overall i found this to be a great performer in power mode. Very accurate. It hit a little low with the .11 coil which is normal for most mods but even then never worse than 4 watts outside of the 6 watts at max setting due to the 20 amp limit. In all the other resistances and tests it was never off by more than 2 watts which is pretty impressive IMO. The output was smooth and consistent and of course with such low watts, the mod never gets hot or warm. The 20 amp limit is good for the type of mod it is and it did max out at 52 watts so meets it’s specs. I would have needed to go with a higher resistance to get the true volt limit but it did put out almost 5 volts so it does have a boost circuit and I was able to get full wattage on the device from .14 to .49 resistance

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode and TCR mode. I tested 4 builds. Single spaced 28g, dual coil spaced 28g, and 2 fancy SS316 single coil set ups. It was a mixed bag of sometimes good and sometimes bad. I was never kicked out of TC but there were times i’d great great hits and others i’d get burnt hits. Overall it’s much too inconsistent for me to recommend as a temp mod or provide any settings. So it’s going to get a fail in TC

Other Usage Notes
I didn’t do a disassembly as nothing in my useage or testing hinted to any possible hardware problems. It’s also appears to be a glued together unit as well like the invoke. I think companies are really trying to discourage people taking apart mods with their new designs. But since this is a really mini internal battery mod it doesn't bother me much. I didn't have any issues with the 510 pin personally. I like how it can handle a 25mm atomizer with no overhang. Even though the included tank is 20mm. If you wanted to get a bigger low watt tank it’ll look great (zenith pictured above). The menu is easy to use and simple . # clicks to get into the menu and plus and minus to scroll. No complaints there. It also has all the features you’d expect from mods these days. It’s a simple 5 click to turn on or off and does feature pass through vaping so you can vape while it’s charging. It also features 2 amp fast charging.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
GS Juni Tank
The GS Juni tank is a MTL mini tank. Only 20mm in diameter and 42mm tall including the drip tip, it’s one of the smallest atomizers you’ll come across nowadays. They claim a 2ml capacity but it’s a bottom fill so you have to remove the base and coil to fill it so you can’t really ever fully fill the tank. It does use a 510 drip tip but it’s a small one and the stem for it is so thin that wider bore one’s will look funny so it’s best to stick with the included one. It’s a bottom airflow that’s easy to adjust and on a stopper. It has 2 small holes and then 1 wide slot. Using only 1 hole it gives a tight MTL draw while opening all the way gives more of a restricted DTL vape. However due to the low vapor production of the coils i find it best with the air on the lowest setting as fully open gives more of a muted flavor

It comes with 2 coils the “GS air” coils. One is a .75ohm 8-25 watt coil and the other is a 1.5ohm 8-20 watt coil. Both coils worked well with 50/50 and 70/30 (VG/PG) juices. I found the 1.5 to be best around 12-14 watts and the .75 coil best around 20 watts. I was able to get plenty of usage out of both. 2 weeks weeks of vaping so coil life is good. If you are a heavy vaper you should still get at least a week from each coil. Personally I found the .75 to be the better of the 2 flavorwise. As far as flavor goes, it’s pretty much what I’d expect from a MTL premade coil tank. It’ll get you by but it’s not going to blow your mind by any means. It’s there but not what i’m used to personally as i’m a higher watt vaper. Overall it’s a decent tank for being included in the kit.

Pros:
  • Tiny size
  • Power Mode performance
  • Easy to use menu system
  • accurately rated
  • Color Options
  • Build Quality
  • Seek simple design
  • Fire Bar
  • Large Bright screen
  • 25mm atomizers with no overhang
  • Included tank isn’t bad
  • Price point (under 40 for the kit)
Cons:
  • Included tank is bottom fill
  • temp control very inconsistent
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but as a miniature starter kit, I don’t think you’ll find much better. It’s a great inexpensive 1st kit to get people off of smoking. Also works great for a mini stealth kit vape as well. I wouldn’t recommend it for temp control usage, but for low watt usage on MTL set ups it’s a very nice mod. If you wanted a different tank you can but the mod separate for around 10 dollars less. Personally i’ll be recommending this kit for people looking to get off of cigs and adding it to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Big thanks again to Eleaf for sending me these for the purpose of this review

VU Sponsors