Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Freemax Gemm Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Freemax Gemm Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Freemax Gemm kit is the latest Vape Stick kit from Freemax. They have been around for a while with a history of making some really good tanks but really came on strong in 2017 with the fireluke mesh and the fireluke tanks and are a big reason why mesh has made a comeback in vaping after dying out for a few years. Currently though that are easily one of the best tank makers on the market. The Freemax Gemm is a DTL stick style kit to compete with a couple of other ones i’ve reviewed recently like the vaporesso cascade one plus, The Joyetech Exceed NC, The Wismec Sinuous Solo, the Voopoo Caliber and their own twister kit, with the main difference being the tank is disposable. It features an internal 2900mah battery and is a simple semi adjustable stick with 3 power settings. The included tank is the Gemm tank which is a fully disposable 1 time use tank. It’s available in 5 colors, Black, Blue, Purple, Rainbow and White. Looking around online they are available now for around 25 USD for the kit and 9 bucks or less for a 2 pack of tanks from elementvape in the US

Manufacturer's Specs: Battery
  • Dimensions - 131.65mm by 25mm Diameter
  • Integrated 2900mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Max. Wattage Output: 40W, 60W, 80W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0-4.2V
  • 3 Power Levels - Soft, Medium, Hard
  • Resistance Range: 0.1ohm - 3.0ohm
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Single Intuitive Fire Button
  • Intelligent LED Battery Life Indicator Light
  • Overtime Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • Battery Virtual High Protection
  • Overload Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • MicroUSB Port
  • Available in Rainbow, Blue, Black, Purple, and White
Manufacturer's Specs Tank:
  • 25mm Diameter
  • Food-Grade PCTG Plastic Construction
  • Top Fill System - Silicone Stoppered
  • Integrated Coil Series
  • 0.15ohm G1 Mesh Coil - rated 40-80W 5ml capacity
  • 0.2ohm G2 Mesh Coil - rated 40-80W 4ml capacity
  • Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control Ring
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Clear, Black, Blue, Purple and Green
Included in box:
  • 1 FreeMaX GEMM 80W VW Mod
  • 1 G1 Mesh Coil GEMM Tank
  • 1 G2 Mesh Coil GEMM Tank
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 USB Charger
  • 1 Warning Card
  • 1 Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

Gemm Battery Rundown
The Gemm is an semi-adjustable simple stick mod with an internal battery and a fire button. It has 3 power modes a low, medium, and high which you cycle through by clicking fire 3 times. 5 times powers the stick on and off. They provide a chart but the chart doesn't make any sense anyway so for the purpose of this review to keep it simple, it works best on medium with the included tanks. There is one LED inside the fire button. It tells you the battery level by the color. Green means 65-100%, Yellow means 30-65% and red means below 30%. I wish companies would use a 4th level instead of just 3 personally. You can fire to check the battery charge as it’s only active when firing. The stick itself is pretty nice I ot the purple and the paint is holding up fine with a semi gloss finish. I like that it’s a basic color and not the crazy designs of their twister kit. It can handle a 25mm atomizer flush which is the size of the included Gemm tanks and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is also really light. The USB port is on the back and they don’t list a charge rate. Overall it’s a pretty basic stick that just does the job. No major complaints but nothing that stands out. Also worth noting is my 1st stick came DOA. wouldn’t power on or charge. They sent me a replacement and I’ve had no issues with the replacement.

The only testing I did on this battery is the charge rate and battery capacity. I know i tested some in the past but based on the type of kit it is and what it’s used for I don’t feel it’s 100% necessary. I tested this using an inline USB meters and ran it 4 times overall. The charge rate max is 1.94A so they could have rated it as 2A but it does slow down a lot during charging so takes about 3 hours to charge fully. It does charge 90% full in 2 hours though so the last hour is for the remaining 20%. Not bad and an improvement over the twister which took 4 hours to charge. The battery I tested between 2552 mah and 2569 mah so there 2900mah rating is quite overstated sadly and it actually has a little bit of a smaller battery then their twister kit which was listed at 2300mah but larger. They should have listed it at 2500-2600 so i’ll ding them for the overstatement despite it sadly being common with internal battery mods.

Gemm Tank performance
Lets go over the tanks now. The Gemm tanks are disposable 1 time use tanks and there are 6 options available in total listed as such, G4 quad mesh best at 70 watts, G3 triple mesh best at 80 watts, G2 double mesh best at 70 watts, G1 single mesh bets at 70 watts, G1 SS316 single mesh for TC mode. The 6th one is mislisted as “G2 double mesh” but shows rated at 25 watts. Not sure what the actual name would be for the low watt one. The tanks are available in 5 colors as well and for purchase separately at 10 bucks or less for a 2 pack so very affordable. They are actually built pretty nice all things considered and I had no leaks or issues with them. The air flow is adjustable like most tanks on the market and the fill is a rubber plug on top of the tank similar to pod fills we see and is easy to fill.

Performance wise I used the 2 included tanks which is the G1 and G2. Both were best on the medium setting. I got 80ml in the G1 then burned it out by hitting it dry by accident. So goes it but I was more than happy with the life on it anyway at that point. Flavor on it was really good as well. The G2 tank I vaped 100ml in it and it didn’t die and flavor was a little better than the G1 tank. Still both performed really well overall, I’m just not a big fan of disposable tanks but these are the best flavor and lifewise I've come across so far.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Battery Indicator is good enough
  • Passthrough vaping
  • Coil flavor is excellent
  • coil life is excellent
  • good 4-5ml capacity
  • 6 tank options (including a TC one)
  • kit color options (6)
  • price point (under 25 bucks)
  • rubber plug top fill is easy to use
  • 2A charging (80% in 2 hours, full in 3)
Cons:
  • Battery life isn’t great due to wattage demands of coils
  • LED is a bit dim
  • Overstated Battery Capacity
  • 1st stick mod arrived DOA
  • not a fan of disposable tanks personally
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no and this one is interesting to me. The price point makes it really attractive. At less than 25 bucks for a full set up with nothing else needed other than juice makes it really easy to get into DTL vaping or having a small portable kit. I like the tanks performance but not a fan of them being disposable however at the price point it’s no more than a good coil costs nowadays anyway. So it’s more of a waste issue. I do think there are good times to use a disposable tank like traveling and whatnot. So basically I think it has merit as a beginner kit or even a beginner tank if someone wanted to try DTL vaping without a big commitment. I added this to my sheet of recommendations linked down below as a kit and the tank itself in the DTL tanks 40-70 watts section.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Freemax

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors