Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Alpha Sub Ohm Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Geekvape Alpha Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Geekvape Alpha Sub Ohm Tank is the latest sub ohm tank from long time popular manufacturer Geekvape. They’ve had a really good year so far IMO on the mod side of things with the Nova and Aegis Legend but have been kind of disappointing on the atomizer side since they dominated my best of in 2017 but outside of the drop and loop RDAs way early this year have kind of been a disappointment. The Alpha tank clearly loks designed to match the nova mod so i’m not sure why they didn’t package it in for the kit and went with the cerberus tank instead but they come in resin colors matching the resin panels on the nova. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and the falcon so we’ll see if this one can stack up. Of course the Alpha uses mesh coils as is the rage these days. It’s available in 5 colors all resin, Silver and ember resin, Silver and twilight Resin, Silver and Flare Resin, Black and onyx Resin, and Blue and onyx resin. They sell for 28.99 USD on their official site.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 25mm diameter
  • 41mm height (not including tip)
  • 4ml capacity
  • Press top filling system
  • Resin appearance to match the Nova mod
  • Cotton imported from Egypt
  • MeshMellow mesh coils taste better and last longer
  • Thread: 510
Included in box:
  • 1 Alpha Sub Ohm Tank
  • 1 Extra glass tube
  • 1 MM *1 0.15ohm coil head(pre-installed)
  • 1 MM *2 0.4ohm coil head
  • 1 User manual
  • Spare parts
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated)
  • MM X1 0.2ohm (60-110w best for 75-95w)
  • MM X2 0.4ohm (50-80w best for 60-70w)
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Geekvape Alpha Sub Ohm Tank is a Beautiful Resin Tank IMO. Resin tanks are becoming more and more popular these days. The first ones I remember seeing were the carrys tanks but those were not good at all. The popular ones these days are the freemax ones and the falcon. The Alpha was clearly made to match their Nova mod as well with similar resin patterns. Kind of makes it a shame it didn’t come with the nova in a kit which included the cerberus tank instead but I assume they made the alpha tank after the Nova to match it. They offer it in colors so something to each color Nova mod. I have the Silver and Flare Resin which matches my Nova perfectly. They include a nice bubble tank as well which i like. It comes with a standard 810 matching resin drip tip. Overall I find it to be a nice looking tank that looks similar but different enough then your normal sub ohm tanks.

Features and Functions
The Geekvape Alpha Sub Ohm Tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like but no 510 adapter to use a 510 tip as well. The drip tip is a matching resin one so it’ll differ based on the color you choose. It fits great and works well with any 810 tip. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be basically empty to swap coils. Airflow is 3 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even on mod thanks to the nice raised bumps on it and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, I really like the top fill system. It uses a “switchblade like” release button that springs it open when you push it and when you close it automatically locks into place. The 1 fill hole is quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type but you can’t just pour into it. It comes with a standard 4ml capacity bubble tank only unless you get a TPD edition which comes with a 2ml regular glass.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 coil options in total. The MM X1 0.2ohm (60-110w best for 75-95w) and the MM X2 0.4ohm (50-80w best for 60-70w)). Both are KA1 (Kanthal) Mesh coils with the MM X1 being a single mesh and the MM X2 being a dual mesh coil. I started with the X1 single mesh coil and i have to say it is one of the better mesh coils i’ve used to date. I ran 110ml through it and you can see the condition of it in the picture above. It’s pretty toast but as long as i can get 100ml or more i’m happy. I found it best in the 80-90 watt range and very similar in performance to the freemax mesh pro double mesh coil and above the horizontech falcon coils. Really good coil. Then the X2 double besh coil. I found it best at around 50-60 watts. It’s a good coil but not as good as the X1 is so it’s kind of the opposite of the freemax coils. It’s pretty similar to the freemax single mesh coil in performance and i turned the air halfway closed. I used 80ml on it so far and it’s not dead yet so really good coil life as well. No complaints. Overall really good performance as one of the better mesh tanks on the market but mostly with the MM X1 coils is where it shines.

Overall Impressions
Overall I really love this tank, with the MM X1 mesh coil it is one of the best tanks on the market. It also looks great and well built and i love the top fill switchblade. The 4ml capacity is pretty good but I wouldn’t have minded a little more from a bubble glass.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • easy to fill (love the switchblade top cap)
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (5 total)
  • Standard matching resin 810 tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • Coil performance (MM X1)
  • Coil Life
  • good capacity 4ml
  • bubble tank included
Cons
  • no RBA deck
  • no drip tip 510 adapter
  • should have came in the Nova Kit over the Cerberus tank
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to lean towards the yes. I think it makes a great option if you want a really good performing tank with a good capacity. It’s probably a small step behind the freemax mesh pro flavorwise but a bit in front of the falcon. All 3 are pretty close though so this one is more than worthy of being looked at. I’ve added it to my sheet recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Geekvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors