Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Gemz Axis RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Gemz Axis RTA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from heavengifts.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Gemz Axis RTA is a single coil RTA from newcomer Gemztech. Looking at their site they have a total of 4 atomizers and i believe this is the newest one. Heaven gifts is also listed as the only distributer of this RTA. It’s a 24mm single coil RTA and is available in 4 colors black, SS, gold, and rainbow.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 24 x 47mm(2.5ml)/ 27 x 47mm(4.0ml)
  • Capacity: 2.5ml/4.0ml(with bubble glass tube)
  • Drip Tip: PEI drip tip
  • Build Deck: Gold plated single coil build deck
  • Materials: Stainless steel + Pyrex glass + PEI + Silicone
  • Thread: Gold-plated 510 pin
  • Color: Black, Gold, Rainbow, SS
  • Innovative gold-plated single coil build deck
  • Two ways of coil installation
  • Convenient top filling design
  • Adjustable bottom airflow control
  • 2.5ml/4.0ml Large e-juice capacity
Included in box:
  • 1x Gemz Axis RTA
  • 1x Extra bubble glass tube 4.0ml
  • 1x DIY tools
  • 1x User manual
  • 1x Vaping wipes
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
b.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
g.jpg

Disassembled:
0Z9kS7Z.jpg

Build Pics:

shZJSTf.jpg

IX67X2K.jpg

5hPpwNA.jpg

EyiQA99.jpg

Pics on mods:

aUmYGKe.jpg

QkBAryv.jpg

7J4bHP5.jpg

5xbbaq3.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA it was pretty interesting. I say this because it’s something from a company that i’ve never had before. My first atomizer from gemztech. It’s rare for me these days i’ve had something from pretty much every company out there. So it's always interesting when i get something from a new company. It sure looked the part from the beginning. Single coil, bottom airflow GTA? Hell one of my favorite RTAs from 2017 was just that. Looks very nice too in the rainbow. But then, things got weird.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. They call it “innovative” i wouldn’t call it that. Different? Sure but not innovative really. What they did was essentially have a small version of the wasp nano deck but then on each other side without a screw, added in a spring loaded clamp. This allows you to use any combination of the two types based on coil size. Small coils use the screws. Large coils use the clamps. Medium coils use 1 clamp and one screw. This would be nice and all but when i unscrewed the clamps the first time, they were stuck. I had to pry them open at first. After that though they worked as expected.

It’s a pretty good deck that’s easy to build on. The post screw quality is ok on the screw down part. The ones for the clamps are much better though. Both are flathead. I don’t have much complaints on the deck itself outside the initial prying open of the clamps. It works and easy to build on. If you build on a wasp nano, ammit 25, serpent smm, etc you can build on this as well

Wicking however, was an exercise in frustration and I don’t have any explanation. In general for me i LOVE GTA style RTAs for wicking. I’ve never had any issues. They are easy, forgiving, work great and don’t leak. This one however acted weird and i don’t know why. My 1st build on it dumped about half a tank but after that worked excellent. Chain vaping at all. As i added more and more cotton on later builds it stopped dumping but when itto vaporlock and wicked poorly. I’ve used at least a dozen of these GTA style atomizers with not 1 single issue. Wicked perfect every time. But this one for some reason just doesn't work well

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. I only ran 4 builds in this. It’s a pretty straightforward RTA. 3 different fancy ones (2 at 4mm ID 1 at 3 mm ID) and 1 simple round build (4mm ID) I found it best with the “bigger is better” as this thing has a ton of air, even when you close it mostly off. More than you would need for a single coil RTA. the 4mm ID buld using the 2 outside clamps worked the best for me and air closed down to about 50%

Even with that said, I really was not impressed with this. Again I can't explain it but the flavor just isn’t there. I’d say it’s comparable when used like this to the SMM which is average at best but really pretty much below average overall. The airflow is also quite turbelant. It’s rare to come across and atomizer these days without “smooth airflow” which is why i don’t mention it. It’s standard and nothing more than a “buzz word” used by people to oversell an atomizer. In this case though i will mention that the airflow is not smooth at all. Overall not a good performer

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow single coil 24mm RTA with tons of air. The airflow is easy to adjust and on a stopper. It has a 2.5ml capacity or 4ml capacity if you use the bubble glass. Not bad at all for a single coil RTA. The threading on the deck and the chamber isn’t very good. It’s very fine and probably easy to cross thread if you aren’t careful. The threading on the top cap however is great. The top cap has a bezeled design and is easy to unscrew to fill where there is large fill holes you can dump juice into with any bottle. It uses a standard PEI 810 tip.

Pros:
  • Color options
  • looks good
  • Nice PEI 810 tip
  • easy to build on deck
  • top fill design is great
Cons:
  • build deck clamps came stuck
  • threading on camber to deck is bad
  • flavor is below average
  • doesn't seem to wick properly
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans towards that no. It has some redeeming qualities but at the end of the day performance isn’t there and too many little issues. So many better single coil RTAs out there i can't see why someone would choose this one

It can be purchased here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Gemz-Axis-RTA.html for 34.11

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here googlesheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

VU Sponsors