Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: GTRS GT150 Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here Today with my review of the Internal Battery GTRS GT150 mod Disclaimer: This product was sent from elementvape.com for this review.

Introduction:
The GTRS GT150 is an internal battery 150 watt regulated mod from GTRS. A new company in vaping who source chips such as the LIMOU in this mod and the YiHi chips for their Vboy mod. The GT150 is a small pocket friendly internal battery 4000mah mod that can take a 25mm max atomizer. It features power, preheat, watt curve, bypass mode, TC for Ni, SS, and Ti as well as a TCR mode and a temp curve mode. In short, it has pretty much every option out there. It’s available in 3 colors chrome, Rose Gold, and Black.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 78mm by 46mm by 32mm
  • Built-In 4000mAh Li-Ion Battery Capacity
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-150W
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Durable Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Futuristic Designs
  • Performance LIMOU Board Chipset
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Mechanical Mode
  • Violent Mode
  • Curve Mode
  • Intuitive Full-Matrix OLED Display
  • Highly Responsive Adjustment Buttons
  • Over-size Firing Mechanism
  • MicroUSB Port
  • Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 GTRS- GT150
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 Warranty card and user manual
  • contents pic
20170719164659_28169.jpg

Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
26jz5nZ.png

Spreadsheet:
DYiDevS.png

Stock Shot :
gtrs_gt150_150w_tc_box_mod_all_3_colors__1.jpg

Screen diagram:
20170719164657_77384.jpg

510 pin internal:
DYAiCP1.jpg

Battery Pack:
2956El5.jpg

Box (dat chicken):
KmTH3MT.jpg

Mod with ammit 25:
6pUoZnJ.jpg

Mod Bottom:
h3rCbMe.jpg

510 pin external:
8mAQsoI.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the shape of it. It’s smaller than any dual 18650 out there. It has a big fire button that’s great for both thumb and index finger firing. For me i’m a righty who prefers a thumb fire so it’s perfect for my preference. Letting it sit a few seconds goes into the screensaver of an analog clock with the option of a digital one instead. The menu system was easy to use and fits in line with most mods (3 clicks for menu buttons to scroll fire to select) and has every mode you can ask for. The screen is large and bright and has all the basic info you would need. It has weight to it and feels well built which is nice cause save for innokin, good internal battery mods have been rare. Overall pretty impressed from the start

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .1, .14, .19 and .47 for the high resistance test. The wattage testing points were max watts (150) 125, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .1 ohms the mod maxed out at 93 watts due to the amp limit of 31 which is good for an internal battery mod this small. The rest of the testing it was on point except the 50 setting in which it was 1 low.. At the .14 test it maxed out at 126 watts and the rest of the testing only off by 1 watt except the 100 where it was 3 low. For the .19 test it maxed out at 157 and ran from 1 to 4 watts high except at 75 where it was on point. For the high resistance test of .47 it maxed out at 103 watts and 6.943 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 4-7 watts high. My max wattage overall was 157 so it does reach the 150 promised.The max amps (31) is good for an internal battery mod. The 6.943 volts is solid as well for a small internal battery mod. The mod never got hot or warm in my testing. overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The output was smooth and consistent.It’s a very good performer in power mode. It’s mostly accurate but a little on the high side at times and meets it’s specs to my satisfaction. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in power mode. The watt curve also works great as well and is easy to program on chip. Also FWIW it does fire below .1 as i used a .08 build on it no issues.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode. I tested 7 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coil and Fancy dual coil builds. With all builds I found the mod to work excellent. It has great dry hit protection, the throttle isn’t too hard and it’s smooth and not pulsy at all. The ramp up time is great and you can set your watts up to the 150 limit. Best between 400-480 depending on how hot you like it. I like a warm vape personally and found around 450 to be good for me. Overall it’s everything you want from a TC mod. Accurate, good ramp up, consistent, and dry hit protection with a smooth vape.

Other Usage Notes
The mod is built really well. The 510 pin is excellent. It’s screwed into the body and properly grounded (pics above) it gave no issues with any atomizer i put on it. The battery appears to be 2 round batteries smaller than 18650 size, possibly 18500 batteries maybe 18350 batteries. They are wrapped up so i couldn’t see any marking on them. The buttons have no rattle to them at all, it’s just really solid. I love the large fire button. The recessed 510 means that 25mm max for attys. Anything more physically won’t fit even with a heatsink. You’d probably have to stack 3 heat sinks lol

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Easy menu
  • comfortable shape
  • Large Bright Screen
  • Watt curve and temp curve options
Cons:
  • 25mm max atomizer size
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. but this one is going to lean heavily towards the yes. Save for innokin, there is a huge lack of good internal battery mods and this one is one of the best. 4000mah battery, 150 watts, good performance in both power and temp modes, watt curve mode pretty much everything you can ask for in a mod. Plus built great. If you are looking for a small powerful internal battery mod, this is one of the best options out there. I’ll be adding this mod to my list.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape for sending me these for the purpose of this review.

The GT150 is available here https://www.elementvape.com/gtrs-gt150-150w-tc-box-mod for 59.95

VU Sponsors