Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Havahali Hava One Pod Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Havahali Have One Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Havahali Hava One Pod is the latest Pod Kit from Havahali. As far as i can see, they are a new company that has made a few products this year and just started in 2018 I don’t know much about them but also have a firefly kit review i’m working on as well but this is my first review of one of their products. Overall they have a couple of pens, 3 pods, and a mod/tank kit. The Hava One is a flat style AIO Pod system like a zero, motiv 2 or innokin EQ with a built in 350mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 4 colors Black, Silver, Gunmetal and Silver-White and is available online around 40 USD.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Weight - 99g
  • Integrated 350mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Voltage Output Range: 3.5-4.2V
  • Three Output Modes
  • Taste Mode: 3.5V
  • Powerful Taste Mode: 3.7V
  • Bypass Mode: 4.2V
  • Coil Material: Ceramic & Cotton
  • Coil Resistance: 1.2ohm
  • 2.0mL Capacity Pod - Hidden Behind Front Cover
  • High-Density Zinc Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Draw-Activated Firing Mechanism
  • Antimicrobial Coating and Finish
  • Magnetic Front Cover
  • Intuitive LED Indicator Light
  • Smoking Overtime Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Charging Protection
  • Low Power Protection
  • Key Touch Protection
  • Micro USB Charging
  • Available in Gunmetal, Black, Silver-White, Silver, Bright Chrome
Included in box:
  • 1 HAVA ONE Pod System
  • 1 1.2ohm Ceramic Coil
  • 1 Silicone Dust-Proof Cover
  • 1 Silicone Drip Tip
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Conformity Certificate
  • 1 HAVA Profile Card
  • 1 Warning Card
  • 1 Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Havahali Hava One is a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s a slight larger size pod kind of similar to the Wismec Motiv 2 and innokin EQ, but not quite as small as a zero or ceto and is very easy to pocket and carry around. There is no adjustable air on this device which would have been cool but not a big deal as most this style don’t have adjustable air. It’s a loose MTL vape. It has a good capacity of 2 ml. The battery is listed at 350mah so kind of a small size battery for the size of this pod system. It features built in USB charging where they list a limit of 200-400mah. I tested the max at .4a or 400mah so good job with the listing. A little on the slow side but for such a small battery gets the job done. It’s about a 90 minute charge. It does have passthrough vaping as well which is great. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the body of the device not the pod itself as the pod is actually stored in the middle of the body and not on top like most pod systems. It is a nice oval shape and symmetrical so you can hold it either way and vape on it and works well and is comfy to use. The Hava One is very nicely build and feels solid and heavy with no rattle and the coloring is really nice and shiny but also a fingerprint magnet. It’s a solid metal body as well. No plastic here at all hence the weight.

The Pod itself is easy to fill. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Wismec Motiv 2 or rincoe Ceto. The pods are put into the body of the enclosure similar to how you would install batteries in a mod that had a magnetic black plate complete with a ribbon to help you get them out as well but the ribbon is actually plastic which is odd and mine seemed to start to wear already. Not sure why they didn’t use a ribbon like most. To get them in and out you need to remove the magnetic plate which slides off easily and then use the ribbon to pop it out. To put one in you need to put the ribbon behind it and load the bottom first on an angle then push it down and slide it back. Same as you would replace batteries in most mods. It’s an odd choice since you can’t see the pod or juice level due to this. To fill them it uses a standard rubber plug you remove to fill and the fill hole is large enough to use with a fine tip bottle easily. The pods have 2 options. There is a dark tinted one that’s hard to see juice level for the ceramic coil and a clear one that is easy to see the level for the cotton coil. I would have preferred both to be clear and just labeled at ceramic and cotton.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a simple inhale to fire device. It does have a single button which is under the magnetic place so you just press down on the plate to click it. 5 clicks turns the device on and off. There is also 3 modes on this device. A Direct output mode, and 2 consistent output modes one at 3.5V labeled taste mode and 1 at 3.7v labeled powerful taste mode. To cycle the modes click the button 3 times. White is taste mode, green is powerful taste mode, and blue is direct output mode. There is an LED that has a cutout so you can see it easily from the outside to let you know which mode you put on. It also acts as a battery meter. When vaping continuous white means fully charged, Blinking white means 30-99% and Blinking Yellow means less than 30%. When it does it’ll blink red and turn off. The autodraw also worked well for me with no misfires

Coil Performance and details
The Havahali Hava One Pod comes with 1 pods which is disappointing. All kits should always include 2 pods. It comes with a ceramic pod but they also offer a cotton one as well. The way to tell is the ceramic pods are tinted and the cotton ones are clear. Thankfully they sent me extras of both so i got to try both out however as i’ve said a million times before in my pod reviews, i prefer the clear, all pods should be clear IMO or at least very lightly tinted. They could have labeled them and made both clear. Performance wise though i used 2 of each coils. Both coils really just lacked flavor on any mode and was a weak vape. One of the ceramic pods had a nasty flavor that never went away but the 2nd one didn’t so likely a bum coil. All 4 coils only lasted me 6ml each so coil life was poor. I look to get 10ml+ out of a pod like this personally. Overall they just don’t perform well. I used all 50/50 nic salt juices 20 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options (4 total)
  • good 2ml capacity pods
  • good build quality on battery
  • nice looks and colors
  • small size for easy portability
  • adjustable output
  • inhale to fire worked good with no misfires
  • device can be turned off
  • Passthrough Vaping
Cons:
  • tinted pod is hard to see juice level
  • can’t see juice level without removing the magnetic plate
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • pods should be easier to remove and install
  • small battery for such a large device
  • price point is higher than most pods
  • battery meter could have been done better
  • comes with 1 pod only
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one is an easy no for me. The device itself is nice but has a lot of poor design choices that could have been done better and the coil performance was subpar. Lots of better options out there that cost less as well so I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Havahali

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors