Anthony Vapes: Hcigar VT250s (DNA250) mod Written Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Hcigar VT250s mod. Disclaimer Wise, this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from elementvape.com

Introduction:
The Hcigar VT250s is a DNA250 mod that can be used in 3 battery mode or 2 battery mode *167 watts). In 3 battery mode it’s a similar size/shape to a triad 250 and in dual battery mode it’s similar to a battlestar or minikin 2 in size and shape. Like any DNA mod it can temp control any wire outside of kanthal or nichrome by setting up profiles in escribe

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Triple High-Amp 18650 Battery Platform - Not Included
  • Optional Dual 18650 Configurations
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-250 Watts
  • Max Power at Dual 18650s: 167W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-9.3 Volts
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Min Kanthal Resistance: 0.2ohm
  • Min Temperature Resistance: 0.1ohm
  • Patented Evolv DNA250 Chip
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • Sleek Soft Contour Frame
  • Futuristic and Modern Chasis
  • Reverse Protection System
  • Upgradeable Escribe Software
  • 97% Output Efficiency
  • Cell-by-Cell Monitoring
  • Cell Balancer
  • Atomizer Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • Low Voltage Step Down Protection
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 x Hcigar VT250s mod

• 1 x Dual battery Door

• 1 x Triple Battery Door

• 1 x USB Cable

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
VFCuDb8.png

Spreadsheet:
2TPp5vI.png

Stock Shot Colors:
hcigar_vt250s_dna250_tc_box_mod_1.jpg

Front View:
lJOcNaY.jpg

Top View triple :
5yLdPr3.png

Top View Dual:
ZpCI0GH.png

Soft cell cut off: User changeable. I personally use 3. I see people use between 2.8 to 3.2

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and quality. It has a nice glossy finish that makes it look great with pretty much any atomizer, especially a black or SS one. It comes in 2 color options black/SS and yellow/SS. The buttons are all nice and no rattle. The 510 pin is great. Super important to note, the mod comes set up for dual batteries. If you put on the 3 battery door it’ll turn on but only run off 2 batts and only do 167 watts. To switch between 2 and 3 battery mode you NEED to go into escribe and change it manually. When in 3 battery mode it won’t turn on if trying to use 2 batteries. It also IMO comes set up from the factory with a lot of waste. It has 5 NI200 profiles, 1 SS316, 1 Ti, and one power mode. I would have liked to see more variety especially since Ni200 isn’t that popular anymore.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance Live and is accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (250) 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 241 watts due to the amp limit of 47 which is in line with most triplel battery mods (usually around 40-50). More towards the high side.The rest of the testing it ran between 5 low and in 1 watt high depending on the settings. At the .15 test it maxed out at 248 and ran from 4 watts low to 1 watt high depending on the setting. For the .2 test it maxed out at 256 and ran from 1 watt low to 6 watts high. For the high resistance test of .54 it maxed out at 173 watts and 9.678 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 2-12 watts high. My max wattage overall was 256 so it does reach the 250 promised.The max amps (47) is a little short of the advertised 55 but still very good. Maybe in Lipo config the chip can do it. The 9.678 volts is very impressive and above the stated 9.3 limit it claims. The mod never got hot, it got a little warm at max wattage testing but overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The output was smooth and consistent.It’s a very good performer in power mode. It’s accurate and meets it’s specs to my satisfaction. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in power mode. Also since last time i did a DNA167 mod i didn’t do the high resistance test, i did that as well. With a .54 build it maxed out at 6.417 volts (76 watts). A little on the low side for dual mods but not bad at all. Many do around 7 but some do only around 6 so it’s right in the middle.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire in SS316 mode using the factory SS profile i really don’t know what is left to say about the DNA chip that hasn’t been said already. It’s a fantastic performer and one of the top 3 chips for temp control in vaping. You can also use any wire type you want save for kanthal and nichrome. The use of escribe can let you adjust your vape as well but it’s not really needed for SS316 wire. The default profile does a fantastic job! If you are into temp control it’s hard to not want a DNA. it feels accurate, consistent, and the throttle is smooth. Best between 400-480 depending on how hot you like it.

Other Usage Notes
The DNA chip is IMO a bit outdated in the menu system. You do need a computer to really program it. In the case of this mod you need it to switch between 2 and 3 battey modes. The good news is there is a mac escribe version now so you don’t need a PC. any computer will do that runs windows or mac. Adjustments on chip are limited but you can switch profiles and change your power setting in temp modes via shortcut keys. In power mode it works great but doesn't do anything special. No watt curve or preheat functions. I would like to see a firmware upgrade for a watt curve mode at some point

Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty impressed with this mod. I love the looks and style of it. The build quality is excellent and it should be quite durable. It has an excellent 510 pin. It reads resistance accurate and has plenty of depth for any atomizer. It’s not as flashy as some of the new mods, but not everyone likes flashy. It’s a simple sleek design and the option of switching battery configs is great. It’s also worth noting if you plan to do so you will need a set of 2 and set of 3 batteries. You don’t want to use just 2 batteries and add a 3rd.

Pros:
  • 2 or 3 battery option
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Very Comfortable to hold
  • Excellent quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Build Quality and color
  • Temp Mode Performance
Cons:
  • Manual adjustment of 2 to 3 battery mode via escribe

• Pricey if you only vape power mode

• Factory profiles are bad (5 Ni200 profiles)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t like to do hard yes or no but as a temp control mod it’s pretty much a hard yes. It’s one of the top 3 chips for temp control on the market. If you only vape in power mode it’s more of a kinda yes. And it’s not a knock on the performance, it just doesn't do anything special at the price point you couldn’t get from a cheaper mod. Still if you want the 1 year warranty and great service and want a premium chip, feel free it does a great job in power mode. Just don’t feel like you have to buy a DNA for good power mode performance. I’ll be adding this on my sheet in lots of categories do to the dual or triple options as both a power mode and temp mode mod

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for providing me this mod for review. Link to the product is here https://www.elementvape.com/hcigar-vt250s-dna250-tc-box-mod They have the yellow black in stock.l

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

Tomorrow on my channel i’ll be posting up an info video on flavor and clouds as well as issuing a warning on the wismec RX gen 3 that the 510 is still not fixed and is a bad one as well. I felt it was important to push up my “friday” info video to wednesday to issue that warning on the mod as it seems many reviewers don’t have the knowledge or cojones to speak up about it. I will have a formal review for the mod ASAP where i’ll explain it in further detail.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic review, SR....I can't believe Wismec hasn't replaced the junk 510's (YET)

VU Sponsors