SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review
and video here

for my honest review of the Ijoy Solo V2 Pro Mod. No disclaimer will be needed, I purchased this myself from Efun.top for 36.84 Shipped. So without further ado, lets jump into this mod

Introduction:
The Ijoy Solo V2 Pro is a dual 18650 battery mod. Capable of 200 watts. It has the Ijoy taste control button as well as the ijoy preheat option. It’s a newer version of the original Ijoy Asolo mod (or assholio as it was nicknamed) and appears to be the same as the solo V2 just with different artwork, However ijoy claims it’s an updated version. It comes in 5 colors each with their own artwork stickers.

Manufacturers Specs:
Size:94.3mm(H)- 25.2mm(W)- 55.2mm(L) (unlisted, this is my measurements)

Wattages range:5-200W

Temperature range:100°C-300°C / 200°F-600°F
Max output current:40A
Modes: POWER, SS, Ti, Ni200, TCR, Taste Control

Resistance range: .06-3.0ohm

Interchangeable Plates

Testing Results
Chart Link: http://i.imgur.com/PnnXd7a.png

Spreadsheet link: http://i.imgur.com/OUCtLEY.png

Basic Thoughts and Watt mode performance
When I first got this mod, the first day I used it, the screen died. It was just sitting on my desk and it went out. No explanation on why. It’s my 2nd Ijoy mod to do this to me. I also noticed the artwork on the battery door is reversed from the pictures online and on the box which was a little annoying. The battery door itself is pretty loose. If you hold it by the battery door and try to take the top off an RDA then the battery cover will come off before the top of the RDA. It doesn’t feel like a good quality mod either. It feels pretty cheap. This is one of the few mods I didn’t disassemble, I’m thinking the 510 pin sucks but at the cost of spoiling the rest of the review, the mod is so bad already I didn’t feel the need to waste time taking it apart to confirm that for something people shouldn’t buy anyway. In power mode it was a poor performer. Always on the weak side, falling 19 watts from it’s advertised 200 watts (not a huge deal) but it was highly inconsistent much like the joyetech and wismec mods and on the weak side every time. Taste control is pointless as well, IDK why anyone would need that mode, especially with such an inconsistent mod it makes it even more pointless.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS mode, Maybe I should put as much effort into this explanation as Ijoy did into their temp control. It sucks. Joking aside though it was highly inconsistent and didn’t work at all. I wouldn’t recommend anyone using this mod in temp control.

Overall Impressions
I’ve had this mod for about a month now (I like to be thorough with my reviews) The performance in watt mode is very inconsistent and output is weaker then it should be. It’s one of the less accurate watt mode devices out there. It does fall short of the 200 watts they list, and also short of the Amps and Volt rating. For temp control mode, it’s just useless. Add it to the list of “non-working temp control” mods out there. Don’t waste your time trying to get it to work, it just sucks at it.

Pros:
  • Customizable Pre-heat (half second increments for 3 seconds)
  • Big bright screen with lots of info
  • Simple easy to use Menu
Cons:
  • Screen died on my 1st one
  • Loose Battery Door
  • Temp Control Performance
  • Watt mode performance (weak and inconsistent)
  • Stickers are backwards from the website and box pictures
  • Lack of Pro’s for a mod with the name “Pro” in it
  • Feels cheap and poorly made
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the No. Matter of fact, screw it I’m just going to give it a hard No. don’t bother to waste your time. There really isn’t a redeeming quality that makes this mod worth it for anyone. Maybe if you like the artwork and want to put it on your shelf and never use it? IDK I don’t judge people. But in general, just move along and let’s pretend this mod never existed, because it really shouldn’t have.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

Some upcoming reviews: Geekvape Mech Pro, Smoant Mobula, Aspire Archon, VooPoo Drag, Pharaoh RTA, Aspire Cleito Exo, Kaos Erebus 25mm RTA, Envii Terra Octo RTA, Ijoy Lux, and many more. If you know a product you’d like to see me review, feel free to ask

VU Sponsors