Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: IQ Viva Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the IQ Viva Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample.

Introduction:
The IQ Viva Kit is the latest Kit from IQ. They are a company i am not familiar with personally but seem to be more focused on the EU market which would explain that and have a pretty long list of devices on their site, all aimed at MTL and beginner vapers. This kit includes the Viva Mod with the Viva tank. The Viva mod is an internal battery semi adjustable mod rated at 25 watts max and the Viva tank is a low watt mini tank. It’s available in 1 color, black. Looking around online I only see it on their site for 24.99 pounds. I don’t believe it’ll be for sale outside of the EU and china.

Manufacturer's Specs: Battery
  • Compact Design with a Large Vapour Production
  • LED Battery Indicator with three power settings - low, medium and high
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • Black Matte Finish
  • 1100 mah internal battery
  • Size 75.1mm x 26.5mm x 17mm
  • 25 max watts
  • 3 power settings
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • Diameter: 14mm
  • Height: 55.9mm
  • E-liquid capacity: 1.3ml
  • Coil: .8 ohm
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • Recommend Wattage 10-20 watts
Included in box:
  • 1pc Viva Battery
  • 1pc Viva Atomizer
  • 2pc .8 ohm coil
  • 1pc USB Cable
  • 2pc User Manuals
Coil Options:
  • .8 ohm Rated for 10-20 watts
Picture Album
album

Mod Rundown
The Viva Mod is a mini internal battery mod. Usage is pretty easy. It’s a simple 1 button device. There are 3 modes for power, a low, medium, and high. Click fire 3 times to cycle to the next mode. You can click it 5 times to turn the device on or off. There is an LED when firing or when switching modes which is a white rectangle and will be next to the H,M, and L power settings to know which one you are in. Also when firing there is a small lightning shaped LED below that, that lights up to let you know the charge. Purple means Full to 70%, Blue means 69-30% and Red means 30% or less. Not bad but I would have liked to see a 4th step.

The battery is listed at 1100mah and it features built in USB charging however no charge rate listed. I tested this 3 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .99A max so 1A charging which is pretty standard. It charges full in about 90 minutes so not bad at all. Battery size wise I got 1130-1140mah so good size and good rating on the battery.

The viva is very basic and slim and lightweight as well. It looks like your standard joyetech or eleaf mod form 2014 or so. Paint wise i have the black which is the only color available and it’s a matte finish with no signs of wearing or chipping. It does have a standard 510 pin but is very slim at 17mm wide so not many atomizers would look right on it outside of the included one. Overall it’s a basic and simple device that doesn't have many features or options, but works as it’s supposed to and really only feasible in this kit and not on it’s own.

tank rundown and coil performance
Lets go over the tank now. I’ll start with the basics. It’s a mini 14mm diameter at the base tank with a straight glass and a 1.3ml juice capacity. So pretty small but understandable for the size and plus the focus on EU means they wouldn’t go over 2ml anyway. It didn’t come with a spare glass however which is odd and i’ll ding them for that.

It’s a screw off top fill and it has 2 large fill holes so easy to fill, however it’s also childproof so you have to push down to screw in and out like a pill bottle and due to the smoothness of the tank and the really small diameter I found it more difficult to unscrew then most other tanks. They should have made the tank easier to grip to offset that. The air is for MTL mostly. There are 3 small round holes which can be opened for 1 or 2 or 3 to do a loose MTL to solid MTL. it never quite reached DTL territory and there is no really tight MTL option. It’s pretty similar to pods like a nord. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper.

That’s the basics of the tank but lets go over the coils now. It comes with 2 coils both are the same and the only available option I'm aware of. That’s a .8 ohm coil rated at 10-20 watts. It’s a standard cotton wick and round wire coil. No mesh or ceramic which seems to be the 2 rages these days in pods. I found them best used on low power. I also used all 50/50 20-25mg nic salt juices in this tank. I used 3 coils overall, the 2 that came with the tank and an extra one they sent. Flavorwise i’ll say it’s actually really good. Right on par with the better .6ohm coils in pods like the nord and breeze ones. If it was a pod system I'd call it a tier one. Life wise however not so lucky. The 1st coil only lasted me around 5ml, half of what I'm looking for from a tank like this. The 2nd one lasted around 9ml so acceptable at best and the 3rd one back down to 5ml. Overall it’s an interesting tank due to it’s small size and stuff like that no being made much over the past 5 years but not something I can recommend only due to the coil life being a little sub par. But it actually was much better than I expected but still not quite there.

Pros:
  • Small size
  • good charge rate (1.A tested)
  • charges fast enough (about 1.5 hours)
  • good battery size for internal battery mod (1100mah)
  • 510 pin gave no issues
  • nice clicky fire button
  • simple easy to use
  • Coils have good flavor
Cons:
  • Mod is really only suitable with included tank
  • lack of color options (1)
  • Outdated looks
  • coil life is subpar
  • hard to unscrew to fill due to small diameter and lack of grip
  • low juice capacity on tank (1.3ml)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no but this one I have to lean a little towards the no. It’s not a bad kit by any means and the big actual issue is just a lack of coil life but it’s not nearly as bad as many others iv’e had. The other part is, I'm not sure why someone would choose a kit like this over a sleeker pod system. So because of those 2 reasons I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from IQvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors