Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion is one of the latest AIO Kits from from Joyetech a company who has been around forever and really doesn't need any introductions. The Mansion is a flat style AIO system but not a pod as the tank is built into the device and non removable like a nexus or original breeze, with a built in 1300mah battery and is inhale or fire button to fire. It’s available in 6 colors Black, White, Silver, Gold, Orange, and Rose Gold and is available online around 30 USD and is 21.95 on elementvape so good price point as usual with joyetech.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 103mm by 33mm by 17.5mm
  • Weight - 83g
  • Integrated 1300mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Output Mode: Direct Output
  • Draw-Activated Firing Mechanism
  • Optional Firing Button Usage
  • On/Off Mode
  • Stealth Mode - LED Indicator Light OFF
  • Raised Textured Finish
  • 2.0mL Pod Capacity
  • Adjustable Top Airflow System - Atomizer Coil Base
  • Protective Drip Tip Cap
  • LED Indicator LIght
  • Top Fill System - Silicone Plug
  • Joyetech Coil Technology
  • 0.6ohm BF SS316 Coil Head
  • Top Cap Doubles as Coil Removal Tool
  • Proprietary Protections
  • Over-Charging Protection
  • Over-Current Protection
  • Over-Discharge Protection
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • Available in Orange, Black, White, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold
  • Note: Install and Prime Coil Before Use
Included in box:
  • 1 Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion
  • 2 0.6ohm BF SS316 Coil Head
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 Warning Card
  • 1 Spare Parts
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion is a flat tall style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does not have replaceable pods so you can’t carry spares. It’s not a pod system and is an AIO similar to the vaporesso nexus or original breeze. It’s quite large as well larger than any other AIO or pod system i’ve used but still pretty easy to pocket and carry around. It comes with a cap as well but the cap doesn't fit well and pops off in your pocket anyway. There is adjustable air on this device which is quite nice. It uses the same system as the breeze 2 or nexus as far as air adjustment goes however due to the pole that sticks up in the middle to hold the juice plug it’s kind of hard to adjust it by hand. Should have had more clearance around it. It can be a loose MTL vape to a restrictive DLT vape. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 1300mah so very good size battery as well for an AIO system and justifies the size. It features built in USB charging but i couldn’t find an amp limit listed. It also has passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the removable mouthpiece and is an oval shape so you can hold it either way and vape on it and works well and is comfy to use. The Mansion is very nicely build and feels solid with no rattle and the coloring looks pretty good as well.

The Mansion though is annoying to fill. It uses a standard rubber plug which is good but due to the hole being so recessed in and all the stuff in the way it’s not very user friendly. They should have extended the hoole up with a tube to make it easier to access. Not a fan of this fill method. One thing they did get really right though is the juice window. There are cutouts on both sides and the tank is clear. Also after vaping the tank LED comes on lighting up the tank making it very easy to see the juice level. Very well done there. You can also change the color of the LED by clicking the fire button 3 times and then use fire to cycle to the color you want then waiting for it to accept that. Well done there as well.

Usage is pretty easy. The Mansion can be used as an inhale to fire or fire button, however they are both always available so it doesn't make much sense. If you use the fire button to fire when you let it go it’ll still be firing as long as you are inhaling. They should have made it possible where you could switch modes between the 2 options because the way it is now makes the fire button useless as a fire option. You can turn the device off with 5 clicks of the fire button. Tap the fire button to get the LED to light up as well so you can check juice level or battery charge. The battery meter is very basic and they don’t offer much details on it. The LED will stay lit when it’s full but as it drains the LED will flash. The faster it flashes the closer to dead it is. That could have been done much better but at least you know when you see the LED flashing it’s time to charge

Coil Performance and details
The Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion comes with 2 coils which is good. Much like the nexus it uses coils and not pods that just screw into the AFC then screw into the device. The mouthpiece has a built in screwdriver as well that makes it easy to remove the coils so well done there. There is only 1 option included which are the SS316 .5 ohm BF coils. I used 4 coils in total. The 1st coil was ok in flavor and died after 10ml of juice. Basically it just met the bear minimum of what i want from a coil in a device like this. 2nd coil was ok flavor but died after 4ml. 3rd coil was ok for 2ml then had major flooding and spitback and i had to junk it. 4th coil was ok for 6ml then burned out. So 1 out of 4 coils was decent, the other 3 were bad. Overall not good performance from these coils. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options (6 total)
  • good 2ml capacity
  • easily removable coils (thanks to screwdriver on the mouthpiece)
  • good build quality
  • nice looks and paint job
  • comes with 2 coils
  • Inhale to fire works great and no misfires
  • good battery size
  • price point (under 30 USD)
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • easy to see juice level thanks to LEDs and clear tank
Cons:
  • refill method is more difficult than it needs to be
  • AFC is hard to adjust due to lack of clearance
  • large size for an AIO
  • mouthpiece cap doesn't stay on good
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • battery meter is lacking
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean towards the no. It’s another case of an overall good device with it’s quirks that is let down by poor coils like many others i’ve reviewed this year. There are some good ideas on this device and i like the device overall but the coil performance will always be a no for a device like this if the coils aren’t good. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Joyetech

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors