Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Kaees Solomon RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a double review. Today i’ll be reviewing the Kaees Solomon RTA and Advken Manta RTA. Disclaimer: Both products were sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.
Introduction:
The Kaees Solomon RTA is the latest atomizer from Kaees which is a new player in the vape industry. It’s only their 2nd product made, the 1st being an RDA named the Aladdin which was a single coil sqounk ready RDA. The Solomon is a dual coil GTA style RTA similar to the popular troll RTA released earlier this year from wotofo. It’s a bottom air, top fill RTA with a velocity style deck. It’s available in 2 colors black and SS.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 4mL Juice Reservoir
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Genesis Tank Atomizer - Geni-Inspired Apparatus
  • Two-Post, Dual Terminal Per Post Design
  • Side-Secured via Hex Screw
  • Deckmilled Negative Post
  • PEEK Insulated Positive Post
  • Single or Dual Configurations
  • Dual Internal Air Tubes Inside Chamber
  • Dual Exterior Adjustable Airflow - 10mm by 2mm Each Slot
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • 10mm 510 PEI Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Contact Pin

Included in box
  • 1 Solomon RTA/GTA

• 1 Replacement Glass Tube

• 1 Set of Clapton Prebuilt Coils

• 1 Japanese Organic Cotton

• Spare Parts & O-Rings

• Instructional Manual
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
solomon_24mm_rta_gta_by_kaees_black_and_stainless_steel_1.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
solomon_24mm_rta_gta_by_kaees_post_deck_1.jpg

Disassembled:
N4yujyg.jpg

Builds:
NNoaW71.jpg

AiKQQ5k.jpg

KFwrNjI.jpg

Pics on mod:
o2fbDHo.jpg

cndbtDC.jpg

Top Fill:
qICkN2G.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA the first thing that came to mind was the troll RTA. it’s pretty similar overall to the troll RTA. not much of a difference between the 2. The biggest difference though is the build deck where Kaees wen with the standard velocity style deck over the troll style one. I know velocity decks have been done to death, but it’s still one of the best decks to learn how to build on. It’s easy and it works so no complaints. It’s also a much better quality then the troll in the threading and post screws as well. I’m not one for doing comparisons in reviews but this is something you’ll see me mention in this one a lot.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It uses a standard velocity style deck. 2 posts and 2 holes per post. The holes are large enough to accommodate pretty much any kind of wire. They use good quality hex screws as well a personal favorite of mine. Building is a breeze and it’s simple for even new builders.

Wicking is also a breeze. It’s a GTA style deck. No JFC and no leaks. It’s pretty forgiving as well. Just wick it so your cotton touched the bottom of the deck and leave a little room for air. I didn’t need to think out my leads for a 2.5mm or 3mm ID coil. No tricks or tips really needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only as intended. I ran 4 fancy builds ranging from 5-7 wraps. As well as simple round 26G wire ranging from 8-9 wrapps. All with a 3mm or 2.5mm ID. I found those 2 ID’s to both work great. It’s really best with the simple round or 5-6 wrap fancy wires. The 7 wrap was a bit too much IMO and created a little bit of a whistle on the inhale that wasn’t present with the smaller builds. It’s best used in the 40-70 watt range and not as a high watt RTA although you can push it to 90ish if you don’t mind the whistle and the vape being a little towards the hot side then a cool or warm vape. Flavorwise i get really good flavor from it for the watt range. Well above average for a mid watt dual coil RTA.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA and the AFC is smooth and on a stopper. There is no knurling though so AFC is hard to adjust when on a mod. It has a standard top full where you unscrew the top cap and expose the 2 large fill holes. The top cap has no knurling either but is easy to grip and unscrew. It’s easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice right in. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it with no issues. It comes with a standard 510 PEI drip tip. It’s really nice quality and easy to take apart with minimal parts to it. All the threading is nice and smooth. It’s a 24mm diameter so will fit on most mods without overhang. The 4ml capacity is pretty good since it doesn't really drink juice. The only branding is the logo of a lions face on the chamber.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • standard 510 PEI drip tip
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • top fill design is great
  • Great flavor
  • 4ml Capacity
Cons:
  • AFC hard to adjust while on mods
  • slight whistle with really large coils
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean heavily towards the yes but with the added disclaimer it’s for low to mid watt vapers. I find it best in the 40-70 watt range. For fans of the troll RTA this is essentially a better version of it. It’s what the troll should have been. Better deck and better quality at the same price of the troll. The troll has good flavor but too many issues to make my list, this RTA fixes all it’s issues. It deserves some attention for sure and i’ll be adding it to my sheet.

It can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/solomon-24mm-rta-gta-by-kaees-two-post for 27.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this for the purpose of this review

Also if you missed my last few reviews you can find them here

VU Sponsors