Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Lost Vape Quest Lyra Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Lost Vape Quest Lyra Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this was given as a “beta” version originally but i’ll explain more in the review

Introduction:
The Lost Vape Quest Lyra Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Lost Vape. They are most popular for their DNA mods like the therion, triad, and paranormal but lately have been bucking that trend and focusing on pod kits with the orion and now this one. The Orion used the DNA go chip, but like the orion Q after that this uses their own chip instead. The lyra is a simple oval shaped style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1000mah battery and button press to fire. It’s available in 10 colors with the frames being Green, Black, Silver, Blue and Rainbow and each color having the option of a leather or panel. Looking around online I see elementvape has them at 30 bucks for the kit, 15 for a 5 pack of coils, and 10 bucks for a replacement pod.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 96.3mm by 30.8mm by 15.8mm
  • Integrated 1000mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Max Wattage Output: 20W
  • 3 Power Levels
  • Single Button Operation
  • Optional Threaded Lanyard Attachment Point
  • Side Airflow Slots
  • LED Battery Life Indicator Ring
  • Snap In Pod Connection
  • 2mL Capacity Pod
  • Top Fill System - Dual Port
  • Mouthpiece Cover Hides Coil and Fill Ports
  • Lost Vape Lyra Coil Series
  • 0.6ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1.2ohm MTL Coil
  • Threaded Coil Connection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Weak Battery Protection
  • Temperature Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • High Resistance Protection
  • MicroUSB Port
Coil Options
  • 0.6ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1.2ohm Kanthal MTL Coil
Included in box:
  • 1 Lyra Battery
  • 1 Lyra Pod
  • 1 0.6ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1 1.2ohm MTL Coil
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The lyra is an oval style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are replaceable and you can reuse the pod like a Breeze 2 or Nord. Design wise it’s very similar to a smok nord. It’s a good size all things considered. There is no adjustable air option which is fine as most pods don’t have one but always a bonus when they do. It has a standard capacity of 2ml. The battery is listed at 1000mah and it’s a non-adjustable output device. It features built in USB charging but I couldn’t find any charge rate listed. I tested this 1 time with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .67A max so above half amp but not as good as most 1A charging ones. It charges full in about 1 hour and 35 minutes. Battery size wise i got 991mah so no complaints there. Pretty damn good ratings on lost vapes part, but they should have listed a charge rate and it should have been closer to 1A charging. It does not have passthrough vaping oddly so u can’t hit it while it’s charging. I’ll ding them for that in the cons. No Drip tip, the mouthpiece is part of the pod itself.

The Lyra is very nicely built, and a little on the heavy side. Paint wise i’ve had quite a few which i’ll explain later but all have been leather ones and in front of me I have a black frame and rainbow frame. Both have a shiny finish to the frame and look great and no signs of wearing and the leather on both look and feel great. The pods attach to the battery via a click in system and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. To replace the coils they just unscrew out of the top of the pod. You have to take off the mouthpiece of the pod 1st which clips into the body of the pod. Then the coil head has a nice big metal part to grip with knurling making it easy to screw and unscrew into the pod. The filling is pretty basic. You have to remove the mouthpiece once again to do this and it exposes 2 rubber plugs 1 on each side. I like to open both so the air has an outlet and it’s easy and fast to fill. No issues there.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 1 button which is a fire button. Click fire 5 times to turn on or off. You can tap the fire button to see the battery charge as well. The battery LED is around the fire button and is Green(100%-65%), Blue(65%-15%),Red(<=15%). I wish it was a little better spaced out though. It also has an adjustable output. You click fire 3 times to cycle to the next mod and the LED tells you the mode. According to the manual the output is (.6 coil/1.2 coil) in watts Green (20/11) Blue (18/10) Red (16/9) so low, medium, high. The pod is fully exposed which is nice, however it’s tinted pretty dark. would be much easier to see juice level with a clear pod and I’ll keep saying that in every review until I'm blue in the face or companies start listening. However since it is fully exposed it’s not awful to see, depending on your lighting.

Coil Performance and details
The Lost Vape Quest Lyra Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod but 2 coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 2 coil options for this kit and 1 of each is included which is a 1.2 ohm MTL coil and a .6 ohm DTL mesh coil. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. With that out of the way i’ll explain now why I said it was originally a beta. I actually got 3 shipments of these. The 1st beta i gave feedback that the coils are bad and flood like crazy and don’t last more than 1 fill and just spit juice like crazy into your mouth. They got that feedback a lot from others as well so sent a V2 with updated coils, however I got the same result. Then they said they were going to tune up the power on it to help with the flooding and sent me a V3 device with a high max output. Still even with that, same issue which i reported back and they thanked me. That was over a month ago and haven’t heard anything back on that since then and I see it released now as in stock at many places so figured I have the final one and it’s the one they went with and aren't making any more changes so time to post my review. Overall the coils are bad unless you like drinking your juice lol.

Pros:
  • color options (10 total)
  • Standard 2 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice leather
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast enough (about 1 hour and 35 mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install as are coils
  • reusable pod (just replace coil)
  • easy to fill
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • good battery life
  • comes with 2 coils
  • adjustable output
Cons:
  • Pods tinted
  • Coils are bad
  • charge rate not listed
  • battery meter should be more spaced out and maybe a 4th step
  • No Passthrough Vaping
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to lean towards the no pretty heavily. The battery itself is pretty nice like most pods, but it’s let down by poor coils as usual so it has to be a fail in my book. Lots of good systems with bad coils out there sadly. The lyra was basically lost vape making their version of a nord/breeze 2 hybrid and while the thought process was good, sadly they missed out what made those 2 systems good which are the coils. Hopefully they can improve their coils for the next one. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Lost Vape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors