Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Lost Vape Therion 75C Mod Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Lost Vape Therion 75C DNA mod. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from healthcabin.net

Introduction:
The Therion 75C is the 1st lost vape mod to feature the new DNA75C chip. While the chip is largely the same as the DNA75 there have been some improvements in the user interface area. It features a larger color screen as well as an additional menu button and now lets you make a lot of adjustments on the mod itself without the use of escribe. The body and design is the same as other therions and the battery doors are interchangeable. They come in a variety of color options. The frame being black or silver, the inlays having optional carbon fiber or wood, and over a dozen battery door options.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Official Evolv DNA 75C Color Chipset
  • 1 to 75W Output
  • 30A Maximum Continuous Output
  • Built In Escribe Software
  • Temperature Control Suite
  • Ni200 Nickel Support
  • Titanium Support
  • Stainless Steel Support
  • 200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • Dual 18650 Platform
  • Gold Plated Spring Loaded Contacts
  • Parallel Configuration
  • Silver Chassis has Ebony Wood Accent Panels
  • Black Chassis has Carbon Fiber Accent Panels
  • Leather Wrapped Battery Bay
  • Four Button Control Face
  • Oversized Firing Button
  • 0.96 Inch Full Color TFT Screen
  • Escribe Companion Software
  • Micro USB Port
  • 1A Charging
  • Firmware and Software Upgrade
  • Stainless Steel 510 Thread Point
  • Nickel Plated Brass 510 Contact
  • 90.5mm by 54mm by 27mm
Included in box:
  • 1 Therion DNA 75C
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 Warranty card and user manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
uxFCmdP.png

Spreadsheet:
5gE25C6.png

Stock Shot :
DNA75C-03.jpg

Battery Doors:
Therion-DNA75C-Mod-silver-11.jpg

Mod Side:
CRu3XIr.jpg

Mod Front:
9ue2lrB.jpg

Temp Control Menu:
CVoAeSw.jpg

Settings Menu
SIx8m8q.jpg

Adjustments menu:
m7rk3YI.jpg

Battery Tray:
Z8rm67M.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, It was pretty much the same as my Therion 167 i have. It feels well built and has some weight to it and looks great. The carbon fiber inlays are nice and not just a cheap sticker. It still uses the C style battery boor that is the same as the Therion 167 doors so they are interchangeable. I have the “black” 75C and the “leather” on the door feels more like a rubber sticker. It doesn't smell or feel like leather at all. And it looks a little plain. Not as fancy or nice as some of the other doors I've seen. The Differences is the screen. It has a big color screen and also an extra menu button. Navigating the mod is a huge improvement over the old dna75 chip and the chip now allows you to make adjustments on the mod without escribe which is nice.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .101, .144, .195 and .531 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (75), 50, 25 and 10. At .101 ohms the mod maxed out at 74 watts and 27 amps. During the tests it was very accurate, hitting 3 high at 50, on the dot at 25, and 1 low at 10. At the .144 test it maxed out at 74 watts. Outside of the max it was 2 high at 50, on the dot at 25 and 1 high at 10. At the .195 test it maxed out at 78 watts. It hit 1 high at the 50 setting, on the dot at the 25 setting and 1 high at the 10 setting. For the high resistance test of .531 it maxed out at 83 watts and 6.627 volts. At 50 it was 4 high, at 25 it was 2 high, and at 10 it was 1 high.

My max wattage overall was 83 so it exceeds the 75 watts promised. The max amps (27) i got from my testing was close to the 30 promised but i was at the watt limit. Had i gone with a lower resistance coil the 30 is likely to happen. The 6+ volt output shows the chip has a boost circuit which is common in single battery mods. Which in reality this is a chip made for single batteries, Lost vape just has this running parallel for extra battery life. The mod never got hot in my testing or even warm. It did great at not overheating even when the chip was pushed to it’s limits and ran very cool. The output is smooth and consistent. Overall it performs excellent in power mode.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS316 profile. I tested 5 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coils and 1 smaller Fancy dual coil build. With that said, there really isn’t much to say about this that people don’t know already. It’s a DNA chip so it’s one of the top 3 chips for using temp control. It was smooth and consistent with all builds and feels pretty accurate temperature wise and does a great job preventing dry hits. It’s everything you want in temp control.

Other Usage Notes
The 510 pin on the mod is really good. The battery tray not so much. It still is a battery wrap destroyer like previous therions. Especially getting the 1st battery in and out. The 2nd battery is much easier. Also since this chip was designed for single batteries and Lost vape made this mod a dual, they put in a mechanical reverse polarity connection. So putting in a battery upside down, won’t allow it to connect to the mod. The new menu layout and extra button make navigating this mod a breeze. It’s much easier and more intuitive to use. Being able to make adjustments on the go easily is a huge improvement over the original DNA75 chip. The screen is nice and bright and large and easy to read. I know fire button sticking is an issue for some on therion mods, but i haven’t had any issues yet with this or my much older therion 167. The default profiles are much better as well. It comes preloaded with S316, Ti, Ni200, Watts, Kanthal (same as watts), Ni80, Nife30, and SS430.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Large bright screen with plenty of info
  • easy menu system
  • color options
  • Default profiles
Cons:
  • Battery Tray
  • Door “leather” on the black one
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. As a temp control mod i’m gonna lean heavily towards the yes. If 75 watts is enough for you and the price point is in your budget, it’s one of the best chips on the market for it. As a power mode mod i’m still gonna lean heavily towards the yes since it does what’s promised and does it well, but i’ll add in the fact it doesn't do anything special in power mode that a cheaper mod wouldn’t. It’s a really well built mod, it looks cool and performs well and accurately rated. Also evolv warranty service is one of the best in the business with a 1 year warranty and they actually respond. I’ll also be adding this mod to my list. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Healthcabin.net for sending me this for the purpose of this review. They have it for 129.95 to 139.95 depending on the color options as well as extra battery doors for 11.99 here https://www.healthcabin.net/lost-vape-therion-dna75c-mod-silver-frame-snake-skin-p/14516.html is the silver frame snake skin one, but there are plenty of other colors as well in stock. I want to thank you guys for reading.

VU Sponsors