Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Rincoe Mechman 80w Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Rincoe Mechman 80w Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Rincoe Mechman 80w kit is the latest Vape Stick kit from new manufacturer rincoe. They have been around for a little over a year now and started off good with a decent pod system for it’s time and followed up by a really good mod in the manto that didn’t get much attention but since then have gone a bit downhill with a few bad pod systems and a few under par mods. The mechman 80w is a DTL beginner stick style kit to compete with products like the freemax twister, joyetech ultex, and uwell nunchaku kits. It takes an external 18650 battery and is a fully adjustable regulated 80 watt stick mod with TC mode. The included tank is mechman mesh tank which I used in a past review as well but i’ll go over it a bit today too. It’s available in 2 colors, Matte Black, and Stainless Steel. Looking around online I only see them for pre-order out of China on a few sites with an expected release date of late June and around 30 bucks for the mod only and 40ish for the kit

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Size: 95 x 27mm
  • Colors: Black, Silver
  • 1-80W Output Wattage Range
  • Powered By One Piece High-Rate 18650 Battery (Sold Separately)
  • Working Modes; VW, Bypass, TC(NI, TI, SS)
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-3.5ohm(TC) / 0.08-5.0ohm(VW, Bypass)
  • Supports NI200, TI, SS316L Heating Elements Under TC Mode
  • Micro USB Port For Charging
  • 0.19 Inch LED Screen
  • Over-Heating Protection
  • Reverse Battery Protection
  • Over-Load Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • 10 Seconds Cut-Off
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • Material: Resin + Stainless Steel + Quartz Glass
  • Size: 36 x 28mm
  • 4.5ML E-Juice Capacity
  • Convenient Top E-Juice Refill Design
  • Dual Large Airflow Adjustable Slots On Base
Included in box:
  • 1x Mechman 80W TC Mod
  • 1x Mechman Mesh Tank(Pre-Installed 0.25ohm Single Mesh Coil)
  • 1x Extra Dual Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
  • 1x Extra Bubble Glass Tube
  • 1x Accessory
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x USB Cable
Coil Options (KA1)
  • .25 ohm single mesh rated 40-60 watts
  • .2 ohm double mesh rated rated 50-80 watts
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty surprised to see yet another stick style mod. They for a long time just weren’t being made but now this is my 5th one in the past year or so along with the ehpro 101, joyetech ultex T80, Tesla Punk 86w and uwell nunchaku. The Mechman 80w is more styled per se and less of a simple tube kind of similar in design to the joyetech ultex. It looks pretty nice and comes with a somewhat matching tank. One odd thing I felt since companies are pushing products for bigger batteries is why they made it 18650 only. I think they missed an opportunity to make it a single 2x700 mod instead. Overall though i liked the mod from the start and the tank i’ve already reviewed before but will go over it again.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .09, .15, .19, and .59 ohms. wattage points were max (80), 60, 40, and 20. At .09 ohms it maxed out at 65 watts and 27 amps. For the rest of the testing it was really good never off by more than 1 watt. At .15 it maxed out at 76 watts. Outside of that only off by 1-2 watts at worse. For the .19 test it maxed out at 80 watts. The rest of the tests again never off by more then 1 watt which is dam good. For the .59 testing it maxed out at 82 watts and 6.943 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 3 high at 60, on point at 20, and 1 high at 40. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in this mod like all single battery mods should have.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It didn’t struggle with the .09 ohm build which is nice, and overall it was very accurate mostly within a watt or 2 of the settings regardless of the setting or resistance. I was able to get 82 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 80 watts. The 6.943+ volt limit shows there is a boost circuit as there should be and was capped off by the watt limit so i likely higher than that as well. Their manual lists an amp limit of 30 which I consider close enough to the 27 i got, and a volt limit of 8.0V which i consider plausible since it does have a boost circuit. I was able to get the full wattage pretty much in all my resistances form .15 to .59 so the amp and volt limits are more than good enough. I’m glad they listed all 3. So overall good ratings, good specs, and good performance very similar to that of the other stick mods i’ve tested like the ultex T80, punk 86w and nunchaku.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Very accurate and mostly hits on point or within a watt or 2. Accurately rated for watts (82), Yes boost circuit, amp limit of 27. Volts tested at 6.943+ so good job and you basically get the full watt range from .15-.59 at minimum.

Temp Control Performance
Let's talk about TC mode now, I’ll keep this short and sweet. The 1st build i tried in it was a .19 ohm 50ish watt build and sadly the mechman won’t power it and hovers around 35ish watts. It suffers the same issue as the dual battery mechman or more famously the voopoo mods and even though you can adjust the power to 80 watts, it won’t give it and I'm not going to pass a mod that can't power anything for TC mode that isn’t MTL so it’s an easy fail for me. I wish companies would stop limiting the power available in TC mode especially those who advertise it 1 way even though it can’t do it.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a standard 5 click to turn the mod on or off. You use 3 clicks to enter menu where you can cycle between VW, bypass, and TC for SS, Ni, and Ti. There is no TCR mode or any preheats. Just a simple mod and the menu is easy to navigate. The Mehcman 80W adjusts by .1 watt increments the entire watt range (1-80) and holding it makes it scroll fast and by full watt, it also round robins. Overall well done there and fast and easy to adjust. The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and has a nice weight to it where it’s not heavy but not too light. The Battery door is a screw off bottom and the threading is all nice so it’s easy to screw and unscrew to swap batteries out. It’s single 18650 only I wish they made it single 2x700 personally.

There paint on the mod is seems nice as well. I have the simple SS one so hard to judge but it’s not shiny and has a brushed finish and looks nice and has no wearing on it so well done there. The fire button is nice and clicky and works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be and is really comfy to use and has no button rattle on it. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles a 25mm atomizer flush with the platform but is 27mm at its widest point, which looks good with the included tank which has a 25mm base but bulges out to 28mm at the bubble glass. The screen is a small and basic old style black and white screen and while I would have liked something nicer personally, it’s pretty much the same as the one on the other 4 stick mods I reviewed so can’t really complain as there isn’t a stick mod out with a better screen. Also for branding the mod itself is very minimal. Nothing on the outside at all just on the bottom so well done there. They list a charging rate of 1A and I don't recommend charging internally in your mods if it can be avoided but I did test it and got .87A max so 1A is a good enough rating, but that is for info purposes only to test their claims.

Mechman Mesh Tank performance
Quick rundown on the tank, it’s a 25mm diameter at the base (28mm diameter widest point which is the bubble glass), uses a standard 810 replaceable drip tip and comes with a resin o-ring one but also fits other “TFV8” o-ring ones as well, friction fit tips won’t fit though. There is 1 glass size only which is 4.5ml capacity and bubble glass, it comes with a spare though as it should. The Mechman Mesh uses a slide back fill. There is 1 large fill hole and it’s easy to fill. Not my favorite method but works great so no complaints there. The airflow is made for DTL vaping with the standard 2 large wide ovals one on each side like most tanks. The coil system is a simple screw into the base system as well. Overall it’s a nice tank built well with a good design but also similar to most on the market. Now let's get to the performance.

This is the same tank as the one that comes in the mechman 228w kit which i reviewed already so obviously uses the same coils and i’m quite familiar with it. It comes with 2 coils like all kits should so good there and both are mesh coils. One is a .2 ohm double mesh rated for 50-80 watts and the other is a .25 ohm single mesh rated 40-50 watts. I used both coils with 6 juices each coil. I didn't use them until they burned out. I’ll start with the .25 ohm single mesh, Now from my experience with this coil previously it was best around 65 watts and even at that it was not very good. Hoping maybe last time i got a bum coil. This time I found the wattage needs a little lower best at 55-60 watts however performance was still very poor flavorwise. It lacks intensity and extremely muted. It’s almost a flavorless vape. Then onto the .2 ohm double mesh coil. Now from my experience with this coil previously it was best around 75 watts and even at that it was just decent. Hoping maybe last time i got a bum coil. This time I found the wattage needs to be the same, best around 75ish watts, however performance was still just decent at best. It’s also way too high of a watt demand to have on a single 18650 mod so it’s a serious battery killer. Worse off while it was better than the single mesh option, During this review I received some new coils from freemax to try that are in the 60-65 watt range and while it’s not a fair comparison to take just the best coils it made this one seem pretty bad in comparison. So yeah overall they are pretty subpar coils at their best, and worse off in this kit, a serious battery killer.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Nice looks on mod
  • Replaceable Battery (18650)
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • comes with 2 coils and has 2 options
  • standard 810 resin drip tip
  • tank top fill works good
  • Power mode performance
  • Accurately rated for watts
  • good amp limit
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • nice fire button
  • handles 25+mm atomizers without overhang
  • easy to adjust wattage quickly
  • Easy to use Menu
  • price point (around 30 bucks for mod only)
  • 1A charging
  • no button rattle
Cons:
  • Coil flavor is subpar even when used at it’s best wattage
  • Coil power needs are too high for a single battery mod
  • Lack of color options (2)
  • TC performance is bad
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I’ll break it down in 2 sections. For the tank I wouldn’t bother with it personally until they make better performing coils and ones that are more suitable for this mod. For the mod however, as a TC mod it’s an easy no, but for power mode I'll lean heavy towards the yes. It’s as good of a performer as the other top stick mods (nunchaku, punk 86w, ultex, etc). If you wanted a stick mod only for power mode vaping it’s a great choice depending on how you feel about the looks which I like personally. Too bad it wasn’t a 2x700 mod or that cold have made it stand out even more. I'll be adding it to my sheet as a power mode mod only linked down below so feel free to check that out if you are in the market for something.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Rincoe

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors