Anthony Vapes: Rofvape Warlock Z-box 233w mod review and tech test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Rofvape Warlock Z-Box 233W Box Mod (dam that’s a mouthful to type). No disclaimer will be needed , I purchased this from gearbest for around 40 bucks.

Introduction:
The Rofvape Warlock Z-Box 233 watt mod is a dual 18650 regulated mod listed at 233 watts. It comes in 4 colors, all with a black frame but the leather on them is different colors. I also believe it was co-designed by a youtube reviewer from spain. I heard it, but haven’t been able to confirm yet.

Manufacturers Specs:
Wattage Limit: 233

“zorro” Z design in box

Sliding Cover design

Magnetic Thimble Design

Calfskin hand made trimmed and fit closely.

Size – 80mm by 54mm by 25mm

NI/TI/SS/CE temperature control

ZAMAK3 Material

Gold Plated Pure Copper 510 pin.

Testing Results
Product Link: https://gloimg.gearbest.com/gb/pdm-.../2017/04/20/goods-img/1497415927157189513.jpg

Spreadsheet http://i.imgur.com/pInXWMX.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, My initial impressions was It’s very small with a nice shape. The leather feels really good and looks great. The mod itself felt pretty solid. The menu system was a simple 3 clicks to cycle between modes. Overall I thought it could be a good mod. The one major annoyance was the battery door. Really hard to close when putting in batteries. It’s a beautiful well crafted head turner with a nice attention to detail. They even have a warning card in the box that says to use only sony, Samsung, or lg batteries and it’s recommended to charge externally. Thought that was a great addition.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. This is where it all fell apart for me. If you notice there is only a spreadsheet that looks incomplete and no chart. Well let me tell you why. The testing 1st off started off bad. I started like I do with all mods at the .1 resistance and max wattage. The 1st 3 times or so I fired the mod was wildly inconsistent so much so I couldn’t even apply a value, then it decided to stop firing. The mod went into a temp protect from overheating. And boy was it hotter the Satan’s balls in mid July . I stepped down the wattage a few times but still it was in full temp protect mode. So I had to give it a 10 min break to cool off. I came back and started again at the 125 and went through the rest of the .1 testing. Then it was onto the .15 testing. I got all the way to the 100 watt testing and bam it went into temp protect again. At this point I decided it had failed and I was done testing. I know I put mods through hell during my testing but that is the point. That is how I see what passes and what doesn’t. No other mod has ever shut down during my testing like this one. So it’s a major fail for me.

Temperature Control
Due to it’s failure in watt mode, I didn’t test in temp mode. Matter of fact I didn’t even have this mod very long. Only about 2 weeks. But once it failed my testing so badly, I felt it was time to do the review and warn people before it was too late.

Overall Impressions
It’s really a shame the performance of this mod. For something that seemed to be designed with a great attention to detail that looks and feels great, they used a chip in it that I can safely say was the worst I ever tested. Why they chose to even allow the chip to be set at 233 watts when it overheats much sooner is beyond me. I mean they even include a battery safety card that is dam good but then the chip itself just overheats all the time. It’s a dam shame. For looks I’d give this mod a 10, for build quality a soft 8 since I didn’t check the 510 internally and the battery door is annoying but it’s solid for sure, but then they throw in a chip that can’t handle vaping. WTF?

Pros:
  • NA
Cons:
  • NA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, But this mod forces me to give the hard no. Just stay away from this mod. It’s that simple. Don’t be fooled by it’s good looks. Us as vapers should not support crap stuff like this. Now I know I’m hard on mods, and like most of my bad reviews I’m sure some fan of it will come out saying that they vape at 50 watts and have no issues. Well good for you, but my responsibility as a reviewer is to test and provide information and that’s what I’m doing. A mod SHOULD do what it promises without overheating.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here googlesheet this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews on my channel. I’ll be doing the Geekvape Mech Pro tomorrow and the Geekvape Peerless RDA on froday. Feel free to subscribe to my channel to see all my reviews and receive notifications when they get posted.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

VU Sponsors