Anthony Vapes: Sigelei Fuchai Duo 3 Review and tech test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Sigelei Fuchai Duo 3 Mod. No disclaimer will be needed, I Purchased this from eightvape for 45.45

Introduction:
The Sigelei Fuchai Duo 3 is a dual 18650 175 watt mod that has an option (sold seperatly) to use 3 batteries. It comes in 6 color options Black, Red, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, and Silver. It’s a simple mod without a ton of features. It has a centered 510 pin and can handle 30mm atomizers without any overhang.

Manufacturers Specs:
Wattage Range: 10-175

Voltage output range 1-7.5V

Intuitive 1 Inch OLED Display - Full Color Resolution

Minimum Resistance .1 Ohm

Removable Battery Cover - Lock Switch

Size – (my measurements) 33.6 by 42.1 by 85.7

NI/TI/SS/TCR/TFR temperature control

MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades

USB port charging support

Testing Results
Chart Link: http://i.imgur.com/MVYRFi6.png

Spreadsheet http://i.imgur.com/cNpd5Tj.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, My initial impressions was It’s very small with a nice shape. The coloring is beautiful and seems like it’ll last a while. Almost looks anodized but can’t confirm that. It’s very comfortable to hold and the hige draw for me personally was the centered 510 pin, which is also a really nice 510 pin. It can handle 30mm tanks without overhang which is a huge reason I picked one up. The battery door locks into place and is made to be used with an optional battery door that can make it a triple battery mod, sadly it doesn’t seem available yet but hopefully soon. I’m usually very cautious with multiple battery option mods, but this one feels very well made and well done. The mod seems like it can take a beating. It has a nice large fire button and big color screen. It looks as if the g class was an inspiration for its design. The battery door locks into place and is not held in my magnets like most. The mod won’t turn on without the battery door on it. It’s a simple mod. 3 clicks to get into the menu where it has just a few temp control modes and power mode. Not much else to it. It also has a preheat option where you can set the watts and time limit for it (ex 100 watts for 1 second) then it’ll drop into the set wattage. Overall it’s simple, well build, and comfortable.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran tests at .1, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance to get the voltage limit. Like most mods it struggles at ,1 firing much weaker over 100 watts. 100 or less, it was on par with the rest of the testing. It capped out at 39 amps which is on the higher side of most dual battery mods. Most are around 35-40 amps. It’s Volt limit I’ll call 7 volts as it capped out at 6.948 in my high resistance test. And the watts capped out at 170 so I find the rating of 175 to be a fair rating from sigelei. In my .15 and .2 testing where mods do their best, It hit weaker across the board. Usually around 4-7 watts over 100. Under 100 it was only weak by about 3-4 watts and at 50 or less pretty much dead accurate. Output is smooth and consistent and resistance readings are accurate and stabile. Overall this gets a big pass from me as a watt mode device that hits a little on the weaker side at 100 or more so just turn it up a few extra watts and you’ll be good to go. It also reads live resistance so it’ll adjust when firing wires that climb in resistance like SS.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS mode, 1st off, it requires you to lock resistance (done by holding the plus and minus buttons) Not that it’ll matter much. Temp control works in the fact it’s not going to burn your cotton but outside of that not much positive to say about it. It cuts off very early and produces very little vapor at al temps. It’s a quick pulse and then practically nothing. You can’t set your wattage but you can set a preheat which will override TC then after the preheat period it takes over and does the rest on chip. The overall result though is a pretty poor vape and a big step back from the kaos and snow wolf 365 mods. Overall I’m giving it a fail in temp control as it’s just not a good vape.

Overall Impressions
The performance of the chip in watt mode was very good but hit a little on the weaker side. But it’s smooth and consistent so once you have it dialed in how you like, it’s a non issue. Once you are under 100 watts it becomes pretty accurate. Especially at 50 watts or less. It has a high amp and voltage limit for a dual battery device. It’s well build with a good 510 pin nice paint job and great shape and size. And has a nice color screen with a ton of info. The performance in temp control leads a lot to be desired. It won’t burn your cotton but outside of that it’s a poor vape that fails to produce a steady stream of vapor.

Pros:
  • Looks and comfort (nice shape and size, great paint job)
  • Size (one of the smallest most pocketable dual battery mods)
  • Handles 30mm attys without overhang
  • Triple battery option with optional battery door
  • Price point (around 50 bucks)
  • Menu System
  • Solid Battery Door. No rattle held in place with lock
  • Nice big color screen
  • Color Options
  • Preheat Function
  • Watt mode performance (smooth and consistent)
Cons:
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Adjusting watts under 100 watts takes a long time
  • Doesn’t come with triple battery door
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the Yes as a watt mode device. I think at the price point it can make a good beater mod, backup mod, starter mod, and a good mod for people who love 30mm attys. At the price point with the size, looks and color options plus the build quality and the smooth and consistent output, it makes it a great choice for watt mode. For a temp control device I’m going to say no but if you don’t use temp control, this is a great mod for sure that should last you a while, is well built, comfortable and works good. I’ll be adding this to my sheet as a dual watt mode device but not for a temp control device.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews. Tomorrow I’ll be reviewing the Rofvape Warlock Z box 233. Feel free to subscribe to my channel to see all my reviews and receive notifications when they get posted also this week I have the Geekvape Mech Pro and Geek vape peerless RDA for Thursday and Friday.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review!

I had high hopes Sigelei would have finally gotten TC at least decent enough to use but this mod is one of the worst. They also advertised it would have a TFR setting but it is not there, lying liars who lie.

Like you said it is a decent beater mod though in power mode and dayum is it small for a 2 battery mod. I have had a few people who thought it was a single 18650.

Always look forward to your power testing and thanks again for the written review.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review!

I had high hopes Sigelei would have finally gotten TC at least decent enough to use but this mod is one of the worst. They also advertised it would have a TFR setting but it is not there, lying liars who lie.

Like you said it is a decent beater mod though in power mode and dayum is it small for a 2 battery mod. I have had a few people who thought it was a single 18650.

Always look forward to your power testing and thanks again for the written review.
Thanks man! it's a huge step back form the kaos and snow wolf 365. I thought they were headed in the right direction but guess not lol. To be fair it's not like smok, ijoy, wismec, or joyetech are doing good in that department either lol

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad to see you review this. I'll watch the video later. Too bad they didn't ship this with the 3x 18650 door. Wanted to get your examination of how well it works.

Thanks again dude.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Glad to see you review this. I'll watch the video later. Too bad they didn't ship this with the 3x 18650 door. Wanted to get your examination of how well it works.

Thanks again dude.
It's available now at ecig-city and vapordna with both doors. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked at this at a local shop. Comes with both battery doors there. I really like it and thought I might ditch my rx 2/3 for it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I looked at this at a local shop. Comes with both battery doors there. I really like it and thought I might ditch my rx 2/3 for it.

Yeah that version is out now. also the batt doors are being sold separate. I ordered a matching blue and a rose gold (for contrast) form eightvape for under 14 bucks shipped yesterday

VU Sponsors