Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Smoant Battlestar 200w Mod review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good review. I know i love mine, vaping on it right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Glad you enjoy it. I haven't heard a single bad thing from anyone that got one on my recommendation. That's pretty rare for not a single person to be disappointed by it

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a great little mod. Smaller form factor and pretty much every thing you could want. And IT WORKS LIKE THEY SAY IT DOES. I mean honestly, other than cosmetics, there is nothing missing. And cosmetically the copper one is just awesome

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's a great little mod. Smaller form factor and pretty much every thing you could want. And IT WORKS LIKE THEY SAY IT DOES. I mean honestly, other than cosmetics, there is nothing missing. And cosmetically the copper one is just awesome

no worries about paint. solid metal can take a beating. does 200 watts. temp control for SS is awesome. simple and easy to use and under 40 bucks. pound for pound it's the best value in vaping

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review and I agree, the battlestar is a real hidden gem that should be more popular. If anyone chooses the RX2/3 over it then they are missing out.

Love my copper battlestar, really thinking of getting another color as well, it is that good.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dude you're killing my wallet. Just ordered the hohmwrecker g2 you shared the link for, and now ive just ordered this. Now i need more batteries :cry:

Oh well in a week itll be like christmas morning:)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review and I agree, the battlestar is a real hidden gem that should be more popular. If anyone chooses the RX2/3 over it then they are missing out.

Love my copper battlestar, really thinking of getting another color as well, it is that good.

It really is a hidden gem. probably the only mod i never heard a complaint about or seen a broken one. and it's dirt chip.
I feel I'm half responsible for all the battle stars going around here. after i got mine from black friday i was so impressed i had to share with the world

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
dude you're killing my wallet. Just ordered the hohmwrecker g2 you shared the link for, and now ive just ordered this. Now i need more batteries :cry:

Oh well in a week itll be like christmas morning:)
LMAO sorry man. at least i help stop people from buying junk mods ;) none of your money is wasted it's all on good stuff ;)
#VUenablers

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry. Off topic. You can't really go wrong with this mod. Damn you for showing it to me when you did. I need another job just to pay for my vape purchases

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry. Off topic. You can't really go wrong with this mod. Damn you for showing it to me when you did. I need another job just to pay for my vape purchases

not off topic at all. never a bad thread to recommend a slice in ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anthony I don't know if you're still interested, or you may already have one, but Smokstore appears to have the rainbow Battlestar in stock for about 39 bucks.

Just wanted to let you know since you like the rainbow stuff so much.

http://www.vapecrawler.com/result/smokstore:smoant-battlestar-200w-tc-mod

Michael
yeah i am interested lol but been on the fence since i just ordered a few more mods this week and have 2 battlestars already. appreciate the heads up though :)

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
anyone else think the battlestar runs through batteries pretty quickly? I swear i put charged batteries in it everyday where others will go through them in 2

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
anyone else think the battlestar runs through batteries pretty quickly? I swear i put charged batteries in it everyday where others will go through them in 2
I think it's the way the meter shows makes it feel that way. It'll keep firing for a while even when it has no bars

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it does seem to go through batteries quicker than my other mods. I am going to try and run it with the same tank and batteries and compare battery life with a different mod. Try and take the same amount of puffs just to test.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, it does seem to go through batteries quicker than my other mods. I am going to try and run it with the same tank and batteries and compare battery life with a different mod. Try and take the same amount of puffs just to test.

Would be interesting to see the results. i think it's because the way the meter shows. many mods stop firing when the batteries still have a decent charge on their meter (10-15%) while the battle star still fires at empty bars

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would be interesting to see the results. i think it's because the way the meter shows. many mods stop firing when the batteries still have a decent charge on their meter (10-15%) while the battle star still fires at empty bars
It just seems like the batteries are being replaced more often then my other dual battery mods.

Trying to decide which mod to compare it with for battery life. Finder 167, minikin V2, Fuchai 213, G Class, G2, Tesla Nano or Snow Wolf. The Tesla Nano 120W actually has been great with battery life.

Which mod you think would be a good comparison to the Battlestar?

Edit: I am going to condition both sets of batteries using the battery doctor mode on my Hohmbase charger. This way I can make sure there both as close to peak mah as possible.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It just seems like the batteries are being replaced more often then my other dual battery mods.

Trying to decide which mod to compare it with for battery life. Finder 167, minikin V2, Fuchai 213, G Class, G2, Tesla Nano or Snow Wolf. The Tesla Nano 120W actually has been great with battery life.

Which mod you think would be a good comparison to the Battlestar?

Edit: I am going to condition both sets of batteries using the battery doctor mode on my Hohmbase charger. This way I can make sure there both as close to peak mah as possible.
I'd think maybe the predator or alien would be a good option for comparison since that's the price range it's in. maybe do all 3?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd think maybe the predator or alien would be a good option for comparison since that's the price range it's in. maybe do all 3?
I guess I could take my Alien out of retirement, been awhile since I used it. I am nervous using the Predator though, feels like just a matter of time before the 510 falls off....lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I guess I could take my Alien out of retirement, been awhile since I used it. I am nervous using the Predator though, feels like just a matter of time before the 510 falls off....lol

Ride it till the wheels fall off LMAO. i stopped suing mine too becuase i'm gonna test it tonight and you cna't test a broken mod. as longas it makes it through the testing i'm good lol. If it breaks fuck it, not replacing that POS anyway

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went ahead and used 2 pairs of samsung 30q batts that were bought at the same time. Used the battery doctor setting on my Hohmbase charger which discharged each battery to 2.78 volts then fully charged each.

I decided to compare the Battlestar to the Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk mod since they are right around the same price. I used a Cleito 120 with the .16 ohm coil on each and ran them both at 75 watts with no preheat.

Took a few days as I was only using these at home. I tried my best to take equal hits of each back to back. I even swapped tanks just in case when the Battlestar read 50%.

I tested the volts on each battery when the Battlestar read 50%.

Battlestar 3.78V each battery
Tesla Nano 3.9V each battery

When the Battlestar finally gave me the "Check Battery" warning and would not let me fire I tested the batteries again. The Tesla Nano still read 55% on the battery.

Battlestar 3.43V each battery
Tesla Nano 3.72V each battery

I then recharged all of the batteries to see how many mah would be charged back in.

Battlestar 2365 and 2269 mah
Tesla Nano 1615 and 1623 mah

I had a feeling the Tesla Nano was more efficient so I only did this to confirm.

The Battlestar is still a great mod though, just a little inefficient, everything else about it is great.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I went ahead and used 2 pairs of samsung 30q batts that were bought at the same time. Used the battery doctor setting on my Hohmbase charger which discharged each battery to 2.78 volts then fully charged each.

I decided to compare the Battlestar to the Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk mod since they are right around the same price. I used a Cleito 120 with the .16 ohm coil on each and ran them both at 75 watts with no preheat.

Took a few days as I was only using these at home. I tried my best to take equal hits of each back to back. I even swapped tanks just in case when the Battlestar read 50%.

I tested the volts on each battery when the Battlestar read 50%.

Battlestar 3.78V each battery
Tesla Nano 3.9V each battery

When the Battlestar finally gave me the "Check Battery" warning and would not let me fire I tested the batteries again. The Tesla Nano still read 55% on the battery.

Battlestar 3.43V each battery
Tesla Nano 3.72V each battery

I then recharged all of the batteries to see how many mah would be charged back in.

Battlestar 2365 and 2269 mah
Tesla Nano 1615 and 1623 mah

I had a feeling the Tesla Nano was more efficient so I only did this to confirm.

The Battlestar is still a great mod though, just a little inefficient, everything else about it is great.

Great info. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Between your and deucesjack reviews, will I ever stop looking at things to buy? I've been using the same ones for a while and don't know how many I need for the future?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Between your and deucesjack reviews, will I ever stop looking at things to buy? I've been using the same ones for a while and don't know how many I need for the future?
We never really need stuff, we just want it lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
True. I bought battlestar and another slice this weekend. I may get a zenith and then that's it for me for mods.
I've said that so many times but then i buy more lol. it's a bad habit, but i guess it's better then gambling lol

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've said that so many times but then i buy more lol. it's a bad habit, but i guess it's better then gambling lol
The only thing is, the one mod I wanted was a dna and yihi, mainly a dna. It was very hard for me to justify the price when I am unsure that they are really that much better than what I have plus the menus I don't really need. Oh well, vape it until it breaks, I think you said once.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now don't go confusing the issue with facts, Anthony! :D
LMAO
I see your reviews. I'm sure something new is just around the corner.
Always is. i have 3 new mods coming in this week I purchased
The only thing is, the one mod I wanted was a dna and yihi, mainly a dna. It was very hard for me to justify the price when I am unsure that they are really that much better than what I have plus the menus I don't really need. Oh well, vape it until it breaks, I think you said once.
I'm going to do a comparison video of why I believe it's nto worth it to shell out big money for a premium device is you don't use temp control. with charts and such :)
Joey, where did you get your Slice if you don't mind me asking?
i got mine from vaporworld.biz. they sell them for 56 bucks but quite often they have 50% off deals (probably one coming up for memorial day) so i paid under 30 for all mine. there was one site selling them for 42 bucks as well still. If you want one i'd wait for memorial day and check vaporworld.biz to see if they do a 50% off clearance for it

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, thanks. I've got my G2 to use at home and my little iSticks to carry with me if I need to leave the house, so I'll probably pass on the Slice as much as I'd love to have one. I still want to get the battlestar and the Charon, which looks to me like a "poor man's Lost Vape Therion". :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok, thanks. I've got my G2 to use at home and my little iSticks to carry with me if I need to leave the house, so I'll probably pass on the Slice as much as I'd love to have one. I still want to get the battlestar and the Charon, which looks to me like a "poor man's Lost Vape Therion". :)
pretty much. looks actually alot closer to the finder 167

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Basically the only thing I use are g2s and slice mods. I recently put most of them away and took out two old power mods to use. I don't use aliens so I no need for massive power. I do LOVE kanthal tc, which is why I bought my other g2 and another slice. I actually don't really care for the taste of ss316 but will use it for tc. I plan to for the battlestar and charon. That's another reason I stored my fsk mods. I have these coming. When they break out come the fsk mods.

I think it's good to have two of the fsk mods at least. Maybe another g2 so you don't have to get different batteries.

VU Sponsors