Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Smoant Pasito Pod Kit tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Smoant Pasito Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Smoant Pasito Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Smoant. They are most popular for making a lot of good mods like the naboo most recently but also the charon mini, charon TS, charon 218, battlestar and a few others. Plus the battlestar squonk mod. Their pod offerings so far have been disappointing, but pasito means small step so let's hope that means it’s a step in the right direction. The pacito is a simple slim rectangle style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1100mah battery and button press to fire. It’s available in 4 colors Red, Black, Gunmetal, and Blue. Elementvape has them in stock in the USA all colors for 34.95. The going prices I see are around 10 bucks for a replacement pod (reusable) and around 11-12 bucks for a 3 pack of coils or for 1 RBA head.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Advanced ANT Chipset
  • Dimensions - 102mm by 38mm by 18mm
  • Integrated 1100mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Adjustable Wattage Levels - 10W, 13W, 16W, 20W, 25W
  • Voltage Output Range: 3.2-4.2V
  • 5 Variable Voltage Power Levels
  • Resistance Range: 0.3-3.0ohm
  • Space Aluminium Alloy Material
  • CPR Technology Panels - Anti-Fingerprints
  • Two Button Operations - Intuitive Firing Button & Adjustment Button
  • Intelligent LED Indicator Light - Power Output & Battery Life
  • Adjustable Top Airflow Control Switch
  • Refillable Pod - Replaceable Cartridge
  • 3mL Pod Capacity
  • Threaded Top Fill System - Drip Tip
  • PCTG Plastic Pod Construction
  • Plug 'n' Play Coil Base Connection
  • Threaded Coil Installation - Coil Base
  • Smoant Pasito Coil Series
  • Rebuildable Coil Option
  • Magnetic Pod Connection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
  • 10s Over-Time Protection
  • Overheating Protection
  • Threaded Top Cap
  • Resin Drip Tip
  • USB Type-C Port - 5V/1A
  • Available in Red, Bronze Blue, Black, Gunmetal
Coil Options
  • 0.6ohm Mesh DTL Coil - rated for 20-25W
  • 1.4ohm Ni80 MTL Coil - rated for 10-13W
  • RBA Single Coil (Sold Separately)
Included in box:
  • 1 Smoant Pasito Device
  • 1 3mL Smoant Pasito Pod
  • 1 0.6ohm Mesh DTL Coil
  • 1 1.4ohm Ni80 MTL Coil Head
  • 1 Type C Charging Cable
  • 1 Coil Warning Card
  • 1 Instructional Manual
  • 1 Package Box
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Pasito is thin rectangle style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are replaceable and you can reuse the pod like a Breeze 2 or Nord. Design wise it’s very similar to Lost Vape Orion Go. It’s a good size all things considered. There is also adjustable air which is a cool option to have via a plastic slider on top of the pod. Worth mentioning though is it’s best to pointer finger fire as if you thumb fire and have a beard it can interfere with the airflow since it’s on top of the pod. Not a big deal but worth the mention. It has an above average capacity of 3ml (also a 2ml EU version for TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 1100mah and it’s an adjustable output device with 5 power settings (10w, 13w, 16w, 20w, 25w). It features built in USB charging (USB C Type) and they list a charge rate of 1A max. I tested this 3 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at 1A max so excellent rating and good enough for the battery size. It charges full in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Battery size wise i got 1018-1023mah so no complaints there. Pretty damn good ratings on smoant’s part for sure. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most (pauses charging) so u can hit it while it’s charging. The drip tip is removable and replaceable but proprietary. A 510 would have been nice but not a big deal since most pods you can’t remove the tip anyway. It’s nice to remove for cleaning. The included one is a resin tip that matches the panels.

The Smoant Pasito is very nicely built, but kind of lightweight as well. Paint wise i have the Gunmetal which is a matte-greyish body with CPR panels on both sides that has a glossy finish. Really nice panels and I think the device looks excellent and shows no signs of wearing either. No complaints or wearing on the paint. The pods attach to the battery via a magnet and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. To replace the coils they just pop in and out of the bottom of the pod and are held in place by o-rings, with 1 small difference from most pods as it comes with a coil adapter the coil head needs to be screwed into 1st and the adapter is what o-rings into the pod. The filling is pretty basic. You have to unscrew where the drip tip is and then fill around the top of the coil. Very easy to fill, and the threading is nice, but I wouldn’t have minded a slide back fill hole like the trinity alpha but that’s just being nitpicky.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 2 buttons a fire button on the top and a mode button on the bottom. Click fire 5 times to turn on or off. You can tap the fire button to see the battery charge as well. The mode button tap once to see what mode you are i which are labeled by 5 LEDs on the panel section which are all white dots. When it’s lit up tap mode again to go to the next mode and when it’s on the one you want, wait until the light goes out and it locks in that mode. The options are 1 dot (10 watts), 2 dots (13 watts), 3 dots (16 watts), 4 dots (20 watts), and 5 dots (25 watts). The battery LED is the same set of dots and is 20% per dot so 81-100% is 5 dots lit, 61-80% is 4 dots lit, etc etc. Very nice to have 5 steps evenly spaced out. The pod is fully exposed which is nice, however, Like all pods is tinted super dark. I wish they would have made it clear or hopefully sell a clear pod option in the future which I'd be happy to buy. IDK why people like or make tinted pods at all. Makes no sense.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance and details
The Smoant Pasito Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod but 2 coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 2 coil options for this kit and 1 of each is included which is a 1.4 ohm ni80 10-13 watt MTL coil and a .6 ohm DTL mesh coil rated 20-25 watts. The big draw of this device is that they also sell an RBA head that’s not included. I wish it was included personally. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. I’ll start by going over the .6 ohm coil. Flavor is solid, it’s not quite the level of the nord or caliburn or breeze 2 but it’s a solid tier 2. It’s more of a RDTL vape than an MTL vape though and it works best on power level 3. Coil life wise i got about 33mls of juice through it before it burned out so really good coil life. Now to the 1.4 ohm MTL mi80 coil. Flavor was just passable. Not good enough to be a tier 1 or 2, but not bad either. Just vapable really. This one isn’t really MTL either but some may consider it a loose MTL vape while some a really restricted DTL vape. Kind of in that gray area. It worked best on power 2. Sadly It lasted me only about 6ml so not good life. They also sent me extra coils so I have another one a try and got the same about 6ml coil life so it wasn’t just 1 dud coil. Overall the .6ohm coil is a solid performer flavorwise but not great, and really good life, but the 1.4 ohm coil is not good at all.

RBA head
Let's talk about the big feature people wanted from a pod system which is the ability to rebuild coils. The Pasito has a good range of .3ohms to 3 ohms as well so lots of versatility to build resistance wise. The RBA head offers a very restricted DTL vape not quite MTLish but not wide open either. It also comes with an adapter that makes it a 510 connection so you can put that on your build meter to dry fire and work out hot spots which is great. When done and ready to install you remove that adapter and screw the coil into the gold adapter for the pod itself.

It’s a single coil RBA head, and the build deck uses a simple 2 post system. Coil wise as expected it’s made for some pretty small coils. 2mm is about the max you can fit in there. I ran 2 builds in mine a 2mm ID and a 1.5mm ID. both worked fine for me. I wouldn’t go bigger or smaller personally but you can go smaller if you want. The post screws aren’t great though. The quality is pretty meh and they are phillips which is a bad combo but at least the RBA head is cheap and easily replaceable. Still I would have liked better screws on it. Another thing is the awkward position of the post screws so you have to bend your leads back. Most experienced builders which is where I assume this is targeted at, should have no issues but I could see new builders get a little frustrated. I understand why though due to the lack of room a pod RBA head could give and since it is the 1st (or one of the 1st) rebuildable pod heads it stands to reason it’s not going to be perfect. So yeah easier to build and better post screws are my only 2 complaints but for me I can overlook it due to the lack of options out there. But I feel it’s good feedback in case smoant ever wants to make a V2 RBA head for the pasito to fix this stuff

Wicking it is pretty easy though. You want to thin out your wicks a lot so it’s not trapped against the top when you screw it on. Not a lot of room for cotton. For me personally I found it easy to wet the cotton with juice and set it in place. Then thin off the extra so it wasn’t so thick. Then after screwing on the top cap cutting the excess cotton from the wick holes and fluffing them out more. By doing that I had no leaks but was also able to chain vape easily with no flooding or spitback.

Pros:
  • color options (4 total)
  • Above Average 3 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice panels
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size and charge rate
  • charges fast enough (about 1 hour and 20 mins)
  • excellent battery meter
  • pods are easy to remove and install as are coils
  • reusable pod (just replace coil)
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • excellent battery life
  • comes with 2 coils
  • RBA head available (sold seperate)
  • adjustable output
  • removable drip tip
  • .6 ohm coil has good enough flavor and great coil life
  • adjustable airflow
Cons:
  • Pods tinted too dark
  • 1.4 ohm coil is bad
  • RBA deck isn’t the easiest to build on
  • RBA decks screw quality is iffy (and no spares)
  • RBA not included
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to lean towards the yes pretty heavily. I think overall it’s a great pod system for people who want to rebuild their own coils and one of only a few that have that option. I wish the RBA was included though. I wouldn’t recommend for new builders as there is a bit of a learning curve to build and wick but experienced vapers looking for a small pocket rebuildable set-up should be very happy with this. It’s got adjustable power, great battery life, charges fast, adjustable air. Really hard to complain. Plus if you are feeling lazy the .6ohm coil is pretty good and you can just slap one of those in there. I added this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from smoant

Product Link
here

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors