Anthony Vapes: Teslacigs Invader 2/3 VV Mod Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here
for my honest review of the Tesla Invader ⅔ VV mod. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from efun.top

Introduction:
The Tesla Invader ⅔ is the latest VV mod from teslacigs and features the option of using dual or triple 18650 battery configs. It’s boasts a 240 watt limit in dual battery mode and a 360 watt limit in triple battery mode. They boast an amp limit of 60 amps and a voltage range of 3-8 volts. It’s a simple mod with no screen featuring a potentiometer (pot for short) a fire button and a LED. It’s shaped like a battlestar or minikin 2 in 2 battery mode and in triple battery mode it’s shaped like a zenith. It can fire down to .1 ohms.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • 50mm×42mm×85mm/35mm×42mm×85mm
  • Zinc Alloy(Die Cast)
  • Two/Three hi drain 18650 cell
  • 510 thread
  • watts : two 18650 -240W / Three 18650-360W
  • Volts: 3-8V
  • Current: 60A
  • Resistance Range 0.1-3.0Ohm
  • Input Voltage Range 6.4-8.4V/9.6V-12.6V
  • Voltage Adjust I-V level
  • LED Indicator Blue
  • Protections Invader 2/3 offers various kinds of protections to ensure user safety. When you are going through protection, try to make it work correctly.
Included in box:
  • Invader 2/3
  • 2 and 3 battery option doors
  • Manual
Pictures and test results
2 battery Test Chart:
yOzEgLm.png

3 Battery Test Chart:
gJ5WXoD.png

2 battery Spreadsheet:
4UgaYoJ.png

3 Battery spreadsheet:
Lg5fjDB.png

Stock Shot Colors:
invader%202-3%2002.jpg

3 battery mode:
Av3tmdf.png

2 Battery Mode:
HAY2xXy.png

2 Battery Door
56q19yQ.jpg

Battery Sled:
KotYdfE.png

3 Battery Door
i8r0jQa.png

Front of Mod:
GOh9CzJ.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod I was surprised at how light it feels. The shape and size and weight is very similar to the battlestar in 2 battery mode. In 3 battery it’s similar to the ijoy zenith but feels lighter. It uses a standard POT for voltage adjustment. It can be hard to turn if you don’t really have fingernails since it’s indented unlike the one’s seen on the zenith or charon VV. It has a large fire button and no rattle and feels really well built. The battery ribbon are prone to getting in the way of the door so i found it easier to not use the optional one for the 3rd battery door. The battery door slides on a track and locks into place. The mod is simple to use, just adjust the pot to taste.

Performance 2 Battery mode
Let’s get into some data. I did full tests in both dual and triple battery configurations. One note to mention is due to the nature of the mod i lined up the II, III and IV setting as best as i can, but can’t say for 100% certain it was in the same spot every time since it’s not a digital screen with a number. The I and V settings were easily the same as it’s all the way to one side or the other. The testing was done at .1, .16, .19, and .56 ohm resistances. There was small variances in the I setting with it twice being 2.84 and twice being 2.945. They call the low 3 volts on the spec sheet so I find that pretty close and a good low point for a VV mod.

On the high side with the V setting there was larger variances presumably due to amp limits with the max at 5.154 for the .1 ohm test and the max at 6.943 with the .56 test. At the II settings it was between 3.156 to 3.471 depending on resistance. At the III setting it was 3.892 to 4.208 depending on resistance. At the IV setting it was 5.049 to 5.785 depending on the resistance. The max watts I got was an impressive 266 (highest for a dual mod i’ve seen) and 52 amps (highest for a dual mod I’ve seen) This mod will provide more than enough power and does exceed the 240 watts listed. It also meets the 3 volt minimum but falls short of the 8 volt max and 60 amp max but those could be in triple mode only since they don’t specify (testing below). Output was smooth and consistent and the mod never got hot. Only slightly warm when stress tested. Overall Very good performance in 2 battery mode with impressive watt and amp limits and average voltage limits.

Performance 3 Battery Mode
One note to mention is due to the nature of the mod i lined up the II, III and IV setting as best as i can, but can’t say for 100% certain it was in the same spot every time since it’s not a digital screen with a number. Also for the .1 ohm V setting, I wasn’t able to run the full 3-5 second test so take that number with a grain of salt. I was only able to “pulse” it for about 1 second. Mostly due to the build not being able to handle that many watts. The mod did get a bit warm too from it, but not hot. The testing was done at .1, .16, .19, and .56 ohm resistances. The variances at the V were 7.54 to 8.415. The variances at the I were 2.84 to 3.051. At the II setting it was 3.261 to 3.471 depending on resistance. At the III setting it was 3.997 to 4.313 and at the IV setting it was 5.47 to 5.785. Ignoring the “grain of salt” test of a stupid amount of 574 watts and 76 amps since i can’t confirm it’ll hold that for a full 3-5 second puff, The mod was able to to do 55 amps for it (IV setting at .1) and 399 watts (V setting at .16) Both very high limits and one of the highest i’ve tested for a triple battery mod. It does meet or exceed the specs of 8 volts, 60 amps, and 360 watts. Overall a pretty impressive performance.

Other Usage Notes
The mod isn’t without it’s flaws, I do have some things worth a mention in regards to quirks of the mod. Sometimes it’ll misfire as in you press the fire button and nothing happens. Sometimes there will be a fire delay. Not always and it’s pretty rare on both accounts. I’d say 95% of the time it works great. But the other 5% you’ll get either a misfire or a fire delay. It could be a big deal to some but not to others. One time the mod just turned off and wouldn’t turn on. Removing and putting back in the batteries fixed it and didn’t give me an issue since. Still It’s worth mentioning. Outside of the 5% of the time issues though the mod does perform great. It also handles heat very well and never really gets warm. It should stay cool to the touch for most people’s usage.

Pros:
  • 2 or 3 battery option
  • Looks and comfortable “battlestar shape)
  • Good Voltage Range
  • Performance most of the time
  • Color Options
  • Build Quality
  • easy to use
  • color options
  • paint job
Cons:
  • Quirks of mod (listed in other usage notes)
  • Battery Ribbon can get stuck in door
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. For this one I’m very 50/50. It’s a great mod 95% of the time and the performance and limits are great, but the 5% of the time issues like the fire delay and misfires is enough to make me not feel comfortable putting my name on it. Still If i lost or broke mine i’d probably replace so I wouldn’t be against people purchasing it if the quirks aren’t a deal breaker for you. I also think VV mods may be a better choice for beginners as they are much more simple to use where you just slap on an atty and adjust the pot to taste. Plus it’s the only VV mod with both dual and triple battery options and only one shaped like the battlestar for dual battery VV mods. So take what you will from the data and make your own decision. I really couldn’t fault people either way. I won’t be adding it to my sheet though. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank efun.top for sending me this for the purpose of this review. They have it for 39.99 here https://www.efun.top/tesla-invader-2-3-box-mod-240w-360w.html in black and silver. I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

VU Sponsors