Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Teslacigs Sliver Pod Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Teslacigs Sliver Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Teslacigs Sliver is one of the newest pod kits from long time vape manufacturer Teslacigs. Most popular for their “punk” line of mods like the steampunk nano 120 and more recently the Tesla punk 220 like all companies they are now making pod systems as well. The Sliver is a simple 2ml Capacity ultra thin autodraw pod system. The Sliver is available in 5 colors Black, Green, Red, Tiffany Blue and Pink. Elementvape has them for 18.95 currently so very well priced.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 85mm by 42mm by 8mm
  • 2mL Juice Capacity
  • Integrated 350mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Input Voltage Range: 3.2-4.2V
  • Lightweight Aluminum Construction
  • Refillable Pod Cartridge - Plug Seal
  • Replaceable Cartridge Design - Two-Piece
  • 1.4ohm Coil Resistance
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overcurrent Protection
  • Over 10s Protection
  • Micro USB Charging Port - 0.2A Charge
  • Charge Time - 1.8hr
  • Note: Install and Prime Coil Before Use
  • Available in Black, Tiffany Blue, Green, Pink, Red
Included in box:
  • 1 SLIVER System
  • 1 SLIVER Pod Cartridge
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Tesla Sliver a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s really small though and very easy to pocket and carry around. While it’s not short by any means it’s really thin at only 8mm thickness. There is not adjustable air on this device. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 350 mah so a good size for such a small Pod device like this. It features built in USB charging listed at .2 amps and charges in about 1.8 hours, which was pretty disappointing. Most pods with a battery this size will charge in an hour or less and most will bigger batteries then this will charge in 90 minutes or less. They should have had at least .5 amp charging.There is also no Pass Through Vaping while charging another poor design choice IMO. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and right in the middle of a flat pod. It’s good enough but not as comfy as other one’s i’ve used.. The device is a full metal body with really nice coloring. It’s listed as aluminum and the coloring looks anodized and holds up really well. It’s a nicely build device.

The Pod itself is really easy to fill. It comes with an empty pod and the pod includes the coils built in as well so you can’t change coils in the pod like a breeze 2 for example. The pods aren't magnetic and just click into place however they are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly. To fill them there is 2 rubber plugs on the bottom that you pop out and the fill hole is a decent size but needs a fine point bottle. The twist tops won’t work well but a glass dripper fits in fine. You need to open both sides when filling and while they both go to the same place they don’t fill up evenly so i suggest filling one side until it’s full then topping off the other side. The pods are tinted as well which can make it a little hard to see the juice. I would have preferred no tint ot a lighter tint personally but since the pod is almost fully exposed as the top part of the device it’s not too difficult to see like it would be with a little cut out window.

Usage is pretty easy. There is one button which you click 5 times to turn on or off but it isn’t a fire button. You just inhale to vape. Not much to discuss there. There is 1 LED on the tesla Sliver as well. It’s a small LED on the bottom corner of the device and decently visible while vaping if you are looking for it. The light is on when taking a puff and is always blue. When charging, the LED will remain on and blue and when it’s done charging it will turn off and no light will be on. The LED will flash blue when you turn it on and flash red when you turn it off. It doesn't act as a battery meter and there is none on this device. The device has direct output and listed at working voltages of 3.2V-4.2V so you get weaker puffs as the battery drains. It operates at around 7-12 watts depending on the charge. One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. Short circuit, Low voltage, over vaping (10 seconds), and overcharging protection.

Coil Performance and details
The tesla Sliver only has 1 coil option which is built into the pods. It’s a 1.4 ohm coil that runs at around 7-12 watts. It only comes with one pod so i wish they included a spare. I didn’t have a good experience with this pod at all. It doesn't wick very good at all almost as if the cotton is overstuffed. It does eventually but not good enough to chain vape a few puffs. On top of that if you take long puffs you get a dry hit towards the end as if the coil itself is too small for the power output and air coming in to cool it. It probably would have worked better had they added an extra wrap or 2 to the coil to increase mass and lower wattage or if they had a low direct output voltage around 3 volts or such as it did work better on a low battery. That would have also increased battery life. It was quite a chore to vape on only using short puffs here and there and never really had a satisfying vape or much in the way of flavor. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 24-30 mg nicotine. Overall wasn’t happy with the performance of the coil. I didn't have any issue with the autodraw system though and never had a misfire or autofire.

Pros:
  • color options
  • good 2 ml capacity
  • easily removable pods
  • easy to refill
  • good build quality
  • nice looks
  • small size for easy portability
  • autodraw works great
  • decent battery size for such a small device
  • price point (around 20 USD)
  • ability to turn on and off
Cons:
  • coil performed poorly
  • no passthrough vaping
  • pod is tinted a bit too much making juice level harder to see then it should be
  • only one pod comes included (should always include a spare)
  • slow charging for such a small battery
  • no battery indicator
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean towards the no. It’s a nicely built device overall however the coil performance which is the main part of a pod was poor and nothing can save it from that. There was also a few odd missing features and design choices as well i wasn’t a fan of like the slow charging or lack of passthrough vaping. There are much better devices out there for pods then this one, however their new one they just released looks pretty cool so hopefully that one is improved. I’d stay away from this one though and it won’t be added to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors