Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Uwell Amulet Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Uwell Amulet Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Uwell Amulet Pod kit is one of the latest Pod Kits (the other being the yearn) from popular vape manufacturer Uwell. They have been around for a long time and got really popular with their Crown tank and since then have been one of the most popular tank manufacturers in vaping. They also released one of the best pod systems in the market to date earlier this year with the caliburn. The amulet is a small square shaped style AIO Pod that looks like a smart watch and comes with a watch bracelet to wear it as a watch, and has refillable pods and a built in 370mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 1 color only which is Black. Looking around online I see it in stock on quite a few sites in the US at around 35-40 USD and replacement pods for around 10 bucks for a 2 pack.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Moisture and Dust Resistant PCBA
  • Dimensions: 10-1/4" x 1-1/2" x 3/4" (Including Watch Strap)
  • Dimensions: 1-3/8" x 9/16" x 1-7/8" (Pod System Only)
  • Refillable Pod/Cartridge System
  • All-in-One Device
  • Built-in Battery Capacity: 370mAh
  • Maximum Wattage: 10W
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 2.0ml
  • Resistance: 1.6ohm
  • Pro-FOCS Flavor Testing Technology
  • Automatic Draw Activated Design
  • Watch-Style Pod System
  • Silicone Watch Strap
  • Removable Pod System Design
  • Touch Display Screen with Time and Date
  • Compact and Lightweight Design
  • Optimized for Standard and Nicotine Salt Based E-Liquid
  • Short Circuit Protection
Coil Details (1 option)
  • Refillable Pod/Cartridge Design
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 2.0ml
  • Resistance: 1.6ohm
  • Kanthal Coil Design
Included in box:
  • 1 x Uwell Amulet Pod System
  • 1 x Refillable Empty Pod Cartridge (Pre-installed)
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
Picture Album
album

Amulet Battery Rundown
The Uwell Amulet is a rounded square style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pod so you can’t reuse the pod like the caliburn or renova zero. Design wise it’s a very unique pod system as it’s tiny and made to look like a smart watch screen and has an LED with a clock on it that also shows resistance and battery life and comes with a watch strap that the pod goes into to wear it like a watch. The screen is nice and bright as well and you can flip it to wear righty or lefty. There is no adjustable air like most pods which isn’t a big deal but it’s nice when it’s an option. It has a loose MTL draw. It has a standard capacity of 2ml so no complaints there.

The battery is listed at 370mah and it’s a non-adjustable direct output device. It features built in USB charging however i couldn’t find a rate listed anywhere. I tested this 3 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .57A max so half amp charging. I prefer 1A usually but due to the small battery size this is more then fast enough. It charges full in about 40-45mins so charges fast. Battery size wise i got 361mah-376mah. Pretty damn good ratings on uwells part i just wish they listed the charge rate. I wish the battery was a little bigger like other pod systems but it’s understandable due to its size so it can mimic a smart watch. You get almost a full 2ml pod of vaping out of each charge though. It also has passthrough vaping as well (pauses charging) so you can vape it while charging. No Drip tip, the mouthpiece is part of the pod itself.

The uwell amulet is built pretty good and lightweight. It’s all plastic so it does feel a little on the cheap side. Really not much to talk about paintwise it only comes in 1 color and is plastic but mine has no wearing on it which is nice. The pods attach to the battery via a click in system and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is pretty basic. Just a simple rubber plug on the bottom so you need to pull it out to fill then you just pop open the rubber plug. Very simple and easy to do.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 1 physical button which is not a fire button but has a few features to it. It also has a 2 tap buttons. Click the physical button 5 times to turn on or off. Click it 3 times to set your time and date and use the tap buttons to adjust it. Hold it for 4 seconds to flip between the right handed or left hand layouts. Outside of that it’s a simple inhale to fire pod system which worked great for me and no issues. Since this pod has an actual screen to it, it has a real battery meter which is nice similar to a lot of mods. It also shows you the coil resistance as well. The pod sits on the back of the battery but is really dark tinted and with the screen on the other side makes it really hard to see the juice level. I wish the pod itself was clear, especially since when you wear it as a watch you can’t see the pod anyway. Companies really need to stop tinting pods.

Coil Performance and details
The Uwell Amulet Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod only sadly. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is 1 coil option for this kit which is a 1.6 mesh coil. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-30 mg nicotine. They did include 2 spare pods for me as well so I used 2 in total, 1 included one and 1 from the spare pack. With that said both coils performed very similar so good consistency. Flavorwise they are both tier 1 so good flavor but more of a mid tier one then a top tier one. The vape is a little on the weak side as well. I would take puffs that lasted the whole 8 second cut off to feel satisfied if that makes sense. Coil life wise it was good as well. I got 14 and 16 ml from the 2 coils so good coil life as well. Overall a solid performer for a pod system.

Pros:
  • Standard 2ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • good size for easy portability
  • wearable disguised as a watch unique design
  • nice LED screen
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast (about 40 mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • easy to fill
  • Nice large LED screen
  • good battery meter
  • Good flavor for a pod system
  • good coil life and consistency
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • inhale to fire worked great with no misfires
Cons:
  • Only 1 color option
  • No listed charge rate
  • battery is on the small size (but justifiable due to design)
  • comes with 1 pod only
  • Pods are tinted dark so hard to see juice level
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one is a tough one to call. The way I see it is this, If you wanted it to wear as a watch for that feature, I’d say go ahead and buy it. It works more than good enough to justify itself as a pod system. For me personally, I'm not going to wear a vape device and used it mostly to carry around in my pocket which was easy to do because it’s so small. If you are like me and don’t plan on wearing a vape device as a watch, I’d just get the calburn instead. So basically it leans towards the yes if you wanted it because it’s a watch, but if you aren’t interested in that, it leans towards the no, where you’d be better off with a caliburn. I added this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Uwell

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors