Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Berserker (BSKR) V1.5 Mini MTL RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vandy Vape Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA Mini is the latest RTA from popular manufacturer Vandy Vape. They probably don’t need much of an introduction these days as they have made many popular products. They also pump out a ton of products. I personally went back and looked at how many of their products i’ve reviewed since 2018 until now and not including this one 19 in total. So they make a lot of stuff. I also see they are quite up and down, they made some really good products like the Jackaroo mod, kylin 2 RTA, and Bonza and Bonza V1.5 RDAs, but also some not so good ones like the Bonza Mech Kit, AP Kit, Simple Ex kit, Maze RDA, and Pyro V2 RDTA so they seem very hit and miss overall. The Berserker V1.5 mini RTA is a MTL RTA and a follow up smaller version of the original Berserker V1.5 RTA. It’s a standard 2-2.5 ml capacity RTA with regular glass and metal tanks included. It’s available in 4 colors Matte Black, Rainbow, Gunmetal and SS and looking around online i see it pre-order only to release in may for around 25-35 USD on several sites.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 22 x 33.8mm
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • Glass Tube: 2ml
  • Metal Tube: 2.5ml
  • Weight: 155g
  • Color: Matte Black, SS, Gunmetal, Rainbow
Included in box:
  • 1 x Berserker V1.5 Mini MTL RTA (2.5ml, Metal Tube)
  • 1 x Accessory Bag
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Extra Tube(2ml, Glass Tube)
  • 2 x 510 Drip Tips
Picture Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA it was pretty much what i expected. I reviewed the full size BSRK V1.5 about 5 months ago and the mini lives up to its name. It’s pretty much an identical design to the full size except for being 22mm when the full size was 24mm. Outside of that it’s the same deck, same looks, same design etc etc. One issue i had with the full size was the top cap came impossible to remove on review samples. Lots of reviewers let them know this. Thankfully the did fix that and the top cap is easy to remove on this and fill up. Overall i got what i would expect out of this.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Much like Some MTL RTAs The Berserker V1.5 goes full old-school style, taking a page out of some older products. The deck is very similar to the deck of the original and the same as the V1.5 and the hastur mini for example. It adopts a simple two post design with one post on each side, so when you wrap your coils, you’ll need your leads to be in opposite directions. They secure using the screw head to lock the leads into place against the posts. It works, but there are better decks out these days; I would have gone with a clamp system instead or something like the waps nano, mjolnir, ammit 25 etc. The screw heads are quite large and the flathead screws are of high-quality, so no complaints on that. However, the included spares are Phillips head screws once again. Not a fan of that and I wish they would have made the spare set the same as the installed set. The heads of the screws are big enough to cover the whole post which has raised edges, so your wire doesn’t slide out when installing. Overall, it’s a simple build deck that works but it’s a bit outdated in design as in there are newer better versions of it.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks very well so no tips or tricks really needed. Just fluff up your cotton and put it in the dedicated wick holes. Doesn't need to be super thin. Just make sure not to overstuff and you will be good.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. It’s a MTL RDA so not much you can do with builds so I ran 4 builds in this. Simple round builds of 2mm contact, 2.5mm contact, 2.5mm spaced, and one of the included superfine claptons (2.5mm ID). The Draw will make many MTL enthusiasts quite happy, fully open is still tighter than most, while the smallest air hole is a really tight MTL vape and the medium is still pretty tight as well. It’s definitely for those who like a tight MTL draw. Flavorwise it’s solid flavor for a MTL RTA and on par with many of the one’s i reviewed so no complaints there.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 5 tiny holes all on one side that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. The hole sizes range from 1mm to 1.8mm in increments of .2mm. You can only use 1 at a time. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It does lack knurling for grip however and i found it tough to adjust on mod, but off mod it’s very easy to adjust. The top fill is a quarter turn to open system and it has 2 large fill holes so very easy to open and fill. All the threading is really nice on this RTA and it’s easy to take apart and put together. Really nice quality.

There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with 2 standard 510 drip tips, a regular black delrin one and a metal one with heat fins and the tip of the metal one comes with an ultem top but they include a black delrin top as well. Good job with the tip options. It comes with a standard 2ml glass tank and a metal 2.5ml tank. I’m not a fan of the metal tank at all because you can’t see your juice level with it. Not sure why metal tanks are still being included with RTAs. I would have preferred a spare glass instead or maybe even a bubble glass. Plenty of extra o-rings and 2 spare post screws as well and a screwdriver. Also included are 2 superfine MTL fused clapton coils. They clearly label them which is great. Ni80 30gx2+38g 2.5mm ID 6 wraps .7ohms. Great job there. Would have been nice if they threw in some cotton but not a big deal.

The quality on the BSKR V1.5 Mini RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s a 22mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out. It’s also one of the shorter RTAs as well at 38mm (not including drip tip). Shorter then the galaxies and savour MTL RTAs i’ve reviewed recently and similar to the hastur mini in size. The 2ml capacity is good for a MTL RTA. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside at all if using the glass. Only the included metal tank is branded. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 510 tips included
  • good quality post screws
  • price point (under 35 bucks)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • plenty of spare accessories
  • good flavor for a MTL RTA
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle or loud air on any setting
  • love the top fill design
  • really short and small
  • 5 air options and made for a tight MTL
  • color options (4)
Cons:
  • 2ml capacity could be better, wouldn’t have minded a bubble glass
  • not a fan of phillips head screws personally (spares)
  • no spare glass, instead comes with a spare metal tank
  • build deck design is outdated
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. I had to be pretty picky with my cons and they were all personal preference really and not anything wrong with the RTA itself. What we have is an affordable and small MTL RTA that’s easy to build, has good flavor, easy to wick, and really does a tight MTL which is something many MTL vapers have been asking for. I’ll be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vandy Vape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors