Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Maze BF RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vandy Vape Maze BF RDA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Maze BF RDA is a newer RDA from popular manufacturer Vandy Vape. However it’s not really an RDA, since there is nothing rebuildable about it. It takes premade coils that are designed like the Aspire ARC coils from their Revvo tank. Those coils screw into place so it’s more of a sub ohm tank, in a RDAs body. It includes a BF pin as well for sqounking and It’s available in 4 colors SS,Matte Black, Gold and Rainbow for 21.95 at element vape.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 22.5mm Height (not including drip tip)
  • 2mL Juice Well
  • Superior 303 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Unique Maze Coil Structure - Horizontally Flat
  • 100% Japanese Cotton
  • 0.2ohm SS316L Maze Coil - rated for 50-100W
  • Distinctive Side Airflow Delivery - Four Tiny 9-Hole Slots
  • Central Filling Tube
  • Optional Squonk-Ready Filling Method - Requires Squonk Mod
  • 810 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Black, Gold, Rainbow
Included in box:
  • 1 MAZE BF RDA
  • 2 0.2ohm SS316L Maze Coils
  • 1 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 1 Traditional 510 Pin
  • 1 Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • 1 Refill Tube
  • 1 Accessory Bag
  • Instructional Manual
Coil Options
  • 0.2ohm SS316L Maze Coil - rated for 50-100W - best 70-80W
Picture Album
https://imgur.com/a/eCdnXhk

Looks and Design
The Vandy Vape Maze RDA is a very nice looking simple RDA but again not an RDA it’s more of a tank in the body of an RDA since you can't rebuild coils and need to use their pre-made coils, it’s a 24mm diameter and looks like your standard RDA. The Rainbow one i got look beautiful and the branding is a simple “MAZE” engraved into the top cap. It comes with a nice resin 810 drip tip that’s super tight. It’ll pull off the top cap and airflow adjust before pulling off the drip tip. That’s how tight it is. It has 5 groups of airflow holes (9 in each group in rows of 3) equally spaced apart. It’s a nice looking atomizer for sure.

Features and Functions
The Vandy Vape Maze BF RDA uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like, but with the resin one’s they include, I’d stick with the included one personally. It’s really tight in there though as i mentioned above. It has a nice build quality to it. What you’d expect from a vandy vape RDA. The coil system is a screw in type radial coil that screws onto the center post. Airflow is 45 small holes, grouped up into 5 groups of 9, equally spaced apart. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is really tight and hard to spin to adjust and not much to grip. It’s easier to pull it off and set it down in the place you want it to be. Filling is interesting. There are 2 set ups. If you use it as a dripper, the 510 includes a hollow assembly that has a tube sticking up form the middle, and you pop the top and fill directly in that tube. If you put in the sqounk pin, the only way to fill it is by sqouking. Both ways however there is no way to see your juice level when filling or vaping. Pretty big oversight IMO.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There is 1 coil option for this (RDA) tank and it comes with 2 of them. It’s listed as a SS316L “MAZE” coil (which is like the aspire ARC coils) at .2 ohms 50-100 watts but best at 70-80 watts. The first coil i got was DOA, i pictured it above in the album but it had a big hotspot I wasn’t able to get out. The 2nd coil didn’t fare much better but it was at least vapable. It at times provided a decent vape in the 70-80 range with average flavor for a sub ohm tank. The issue though was that the coil didn’t seem to be able to make a solid connecting causing ohms to bounce around a lot. Mostly in the .19-.29 range but i had it shoot up as high as .53 ohm once leading to a really gross hit. This also ruined my ability to see if it was really SS316 by watching the resistance rise using a live reading mod. Overall though not happy with these coils at all.

Overall Impressions
Overall I really didn’t care much for this atomizer. It’s not even an RDA despite being listed as one since you can’t rebuild your own coils, it’s a sub ohm tank in an RDAs body. The coils were bad, they don’t make a good connection causing resistance to jump around. You can’t see your juice level when vaping or filling. I just can’t see a purpose of this faux RDA existing

Pros
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (the rainbow looks beautiful)
  • Standard 810 Resin tip
  • price point
Cons
  • coil performance
  • bouncing resistance
  • got a DOA coil with a hot spot
  • small capacity (2ml)
  • not an RDA (you can’t rebuild)
  • only 1 coil option
  • can’t see juice level when refilling
  • they picture it on a pulse mech but won’t work well on it
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this “RDA” or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have just say no, but I assume many people got that from reading the review already. There really isn’t any redeeming quality of this atomizer. I’m not even going to give it away, i’m going to keep the drip drip and throw the rest out personally. I’d avoid this one at all costs, there are better atomizers out there that actually fill a need.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors