Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vandyvape Berserker (BSKR) MTL Starter Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vandy Vape Berserker MTL Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Berserker MTL Kit is the latest MTL kit form popular manufacturer Vandy Vape most known for their atomizers and pulse mods. With the Berserker MTL Kit Vandy Vape takes a blast from the past making a small starter kit similar to the old ego kits most vapers started on and is their version of other similar devices that came out this year like the vaporesso orca solo and Joyetech EGO AIO Eco. The Berserker MTL kit however isn’t an AIO but instead a seperate battery called the berserker mod and a tank called berserker MTL subtank. It’s made to be a carry around small portable low watt MTL kit for vaping high MG nic salt juices. It’s available in 10 colors, Matte Black, SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, White, Blue, Red, Green, and Purple so tons of options. Looking around online i see it cheapest on elementvape at 34.95 and in stock for all colors.

Manufacturer's Specs: Battery
  • Dimensions - 75.5mm by 19mm
  • Integrated 1100mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Wattage Output Range: 6-10W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-8.5V
  • Resistance Range - Variable Wattage: 0.05-3.0ohm
  • Resistance Range - Temperature Control: 0.05-1.5ohm
  • Temperature Range: 200°F - 600°F / 100°C - 315°C
  • Constant Voltage Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • LED Display
  • Lower Power Prompt
  • Overload Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Stainless Steel 510 Connection
  • Micro USB Port
  • Available in Matte Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, White, Blue, Red, Green, Purple
Manufacturer Specs: Tank
  • 19.5mm Diameter
  • 2mL Standard Juice Capacity
  • 3.5mL Max Juice Capacity - Bubble Glass
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • 1.5ohm Berserker MTL Coil - rated for 7-15W | 3.2-4.7V
  • 1.8ohm Berserker MTL Coil - rated for 7-13W | 3.5-4.8V
  • Optimized for 50/50 PG/VG
  • Horizontal Coil
  • Threaded Top-Fill Design
Included in box:
  • 1 Berserker MTL Subtank
  • 1 Berserker Mod
  • 1 Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 1.5ohm Berserker MTL Coil - Rated for 7-15W
  • 1 1.8ohm Berserker MTL Coil - Rated for 7-13W
  • 1 Pyrex Glass
  • 1 Instructional Manual
  • 1 QC USB Cable
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
Coil Options (all coils are kanthal)
  • 1.5 ohm 7-13 watts
  • 1.8 ohm 5-12 watts
Picture Album
album

Berserker Mod
The Berserker MTL Mod isn’t an AIO like some similar styles we’ve seen recently. meaning there is a separate mod and tank to it, much like the old Ego kits. So for the mod itself it’s a pretty standard stick style mod with some minor adjustment ability. Similar to a smok stick or eleaf ijust 3 or vaporesso cascade one just in a much smaller size at 19mm diameter while most stick mods are 22-25mm diameter. It’s really small and very easy to pocket and carry around and could be used with another atomizer as well. Adjustment wise there is 2 options to it. One is for direct output which will vary based on the charge of the battery and get weaker as it drains. The other is a constant low voltage output of 3.3 volts. To change between modes you turn off the mod with 5 clicks of the fire button. While the mod is off, hold fire. If the LED lights up orange after holding the fire button it’s in constant output mode. If it lights up white it’s in direct output mode. That’s how you swap between the 2 modes. Outside of that not much else in the terms of features or usage. You just press fire to fire. Pretty basic as a starter MTL kit should be.

It features built in USB charging listed at .8 amps and a listed battery size of 1100mah, 2A charging would have been nice but with such low output and a big battery not a major issue. It does feature pass through vaping as well which is nice. The device is a full metal body with really nice coloring. I have the gunmetal one. It’s a nicely build solid device that has survived quite a few drops on my part.

There is 1 LED on the Berserker Mod that is around the fire button. I. The light is on when taking a puff and is white when in direct output mode and orange when in constant output mode. There is no true battery meter but the light will turn red when it’s running low. When charging, the LED will remain on and red and when it’s done charging it will turn off and no light will be on. It operates at around 6-12 watts depending on the charge, setting, and coil option used. One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. Short circuit, Low voltage, over vaping (10 seconds), over output, and overcharging protection.

Berserker MTL Sub Tank
The Berserker MTL Sub Tank as i said earlier is it’s own tank and not part of the battery like an AIO kit. It comes with a 2ml standard capacity as well as a very nice 3.5ml bubble glass. Sadly i have no pics of the bubble glass due to a mishap at a july 4th BBQ that may or may not have been alcohol related. I do miss the bubble glass and was only able to get 2 tanks through it before it met an unfortunate end. I’m glad it’s included though. It uses a standard 510 drip tip and it comes with 2 options. Both are black but one is metal with heat fins and one is delrin without the fins. It features airflow on one side only and it’s bottom airflow. There are 5 holes in total ranging from .8mm to 1.6mm in diameter in steps of .2mm. It gives a nice range from tight MTL to loose MTL and everything in between. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even when on the mod thanks to the knurling and on a stopper. Only minor gripe I have with it is fully turned to each side closes off the air. I would have liked the fully turns to line up with the holes but really a small minor gripe and not any real issue.

The fill method on the tank is similar to the Joyetech EGO AIO Eco and Vaporesso Orca Solo in the way that you have to unscrew the top cap and fill directly into the glass around the coil. While i would have liked an actual fill hole all the devices like this fill the same so hard to complain and it never gave me any issues as the bottom o-ring holes the glass in place easily. Also since it’s a clear glass on a tank it’s very easy to see the juice level. Replacing the coil is pretty easy and standard just unscrew the bottom base and the coil screws into the base like most tanks these days. It can be done with a half full tank but not a full tank. All the threading is really nice and smooth and it’s easy to take apart to clean so really good MTL tank overall.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance
The Vandy Vape Berserker MTL kit has 2 coil options. A 1.5 and a 1.8 option. I’ll get this out of the way early. Both coils are too small to use direct output mode on. It’s too much for the coils with a full battery. Both should be used with the constant output mode only and you’ll get better battery life and more consistent puffs too. I appreciate the options but the direct output mode really wasn’t needed for this kit. With that out of the way i’ll start with the 1.8 ohm coil. It was terrible. Even on the lowest air lacked flavor and always tasted funny. Could have been a bum coil but i only had the 1 to try. Didn’t even last 4ml of juice. The 1.5 ohm coil was quite a bit better. The first one i used was able to take 13ml of juice before dying. I have a pic of it in the album to see what it looked like after 13ml. It was good for the first 11ml flavorwise for a pod but pretty rough for the last 2 i squeeked out of it. So good coil life and good flavor for a pre-built MTL set up. No complaints there.

That was the one i used first. After the failed 1.8 ohm coil since they sent me an extra 5 pack of the 1.5 ohm coils i decided to give another one a go. The first one i put in was terrible, tasted bad, didn’t wick right and likely was overstuffed with cotton and didn’t even last a full 2ml. So i put in another new coil after that and so far got 10ml out of it and it’s vaping good. So essentially like all pre-made coils QC is an issue but when you get a good one it does vape well and lasts a good amount of time but when you get a bad one not so much. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 24-30 mg nicotine. Overall I was happy with the performance of the 1.5 ohm coil but not the 1.8 ohm coil.

Pros:
  • color options
  • good 2 ml capacity and 3.5ml bubble class
  • seperate tank and mod
  • easy to refill
  • good build quality
  • nice looks
  • small size for easy portability
  • option for constant or direct output (works better with constant output)
  • good battery size for such a small device
  • price point (under 35 bucks)
  • ability to turn on and off
  • tank uses standard 510 drip tip
  • 2 drip tips included
  • 1.5 ohm coil performance
  • AFC is easy to adjust
  • 5 airflow options ranging from tight MTL to loose MTL
  • passthrough vaping
  • easy to see juice level
  • 2 coils included
Cons:
  • 1.8 ohm coil performed poorly
  • coil QC is an issue (as is every premade coil ever from every company pretty much)
  • direct output mode really not needed for the coil options
  • charge rate should be higher
  • no true battery indicator
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this starter MTL kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean towards the yes. While coil QC is an issue that’s an issue with vaping across the board and pre-made coils and while it’s far from a perfect set-up is it much better than the similar EGO AIO Eco and orca solo devices i’ve reviewed this year. If you wanted a small stick style MTL Kit this is the best one I’ve come across so far so i’ll be adding to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Products Link: http://vandyvape.com/kit/berserker-mtl-starter-kit/

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vandy Vape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors