Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA is a new single coil RDA from Vapely a very underrated manufacturer in vaping. I’ve reviewed quite a few of their atomizers like the fantasy, fantasy mini, and nicolas and have been pretty impressed with them all so far. It comes with an included squonk pin as well. I seen them online for around 20-25 bucks from various sites. It’s available in 4 colors, SS, Black, Gold, and rainbow.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Stainless steel and PMMA construction;
  • 510 threading connection;
  • Diameter: 22mm;
  • Single coil build deck;
  • Precise 6 levels side airflow control;
  • Unique limitless assistant screws airflow control;
  • Side & oblique airflow makes great flavor with no leaking;
  • Limit slot design makes easily to remove atomizer from mod;
  • PMMA / Delrin middle part to be stylish & avoid heat to drip;
  • Easy single coil building deck with BF pin adapter
Included in box:
  • 1 Galaxies MTL RDA
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 510 Squonk Pin
  • 4 Premade Coils and cotton
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album
https://imgur.com/a/bJBnW

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA I was pretty happy with the design of it. The build deck is pretty similar to the wasp nano or ammit 25 decks and the airflow options are a ton. Also unlike some other MTL atomizers i’ve used, you can get a really tight MTL draw on the lowest air setting which should make MTL vapers happy. The design is nice and the coloring on the rainbow one is excellent. It comes with a sqounk pin which is what I mostly used it as which is always a welcome addition to me. Overall pretty happy with it from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s made for single coils and has the positive and negative terminals on opposite sides so your coil leads will be on opposite sides. There are also cutouts on the deck to help you line up your coil as well. You can place your jig in the cutouts to keep it lined up. The terminals have nice sized holes and good quality flat head grub screws. It works well with both simple round and fancier wires. There is also ample space to cut your excess leads after installing. Overall one of the easiest RDAs to build on. There are also screws to adjust the air as well on the deck. I played with them a bit, but mostly settled on them being wide open.

Wicking is pretty easy as well, just drop it down the sides into the juice well which is nice and deep. It’s an RDA so no tips or tricks needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RDA only as intended. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, 1 more fancy, and one more simple round wire. All Builds 2mm-3mm ID. There is room to go bigger as well, but seeing as it’s a low watt MTL RDA, I felt 3mm was more then big enough for it. It’s an RDA with a ton of air options from tight MTL to restrictive DTL and everything in between. Overall the flavor was good considering it’s MTL. I have to grade it on a curve and can’t compare it to my normal stuff i prefer, but compared to other MTL atomizers i’ve used recently, it’s one of the best flavorwise, although only 1 was a MTL RDA which was a bad one, and the rest were pods, tanks, and RTAs. Overall though, pretty happy with the performance of this for what it is.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RDA and the AFC is smooth, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off because you spin the whole top cap and not just a small area like most. It’s also on a stopper as well. The air holes are built into the deck and are adjustable at the point before the coil via a grub screw. There are also 3 airflow holes on the side of the cap (each side) that allow more or less air at the entry point and air channels built into the deck as well. It’s quite innovative but it all gets funneled through the same hole however there is a notable difference for sure. It comes with a standard 510 tip. All colors but black use a PMMA tip and a delrin top, while the black uses a PMMA top with a delrin tip. The RDA never gets hot at all, but seeing as it’s a low watt RDA i’m not surprised.

The quality is good and the o-ring feels like the right size. Easy to get the top on or off and spin it to adjust air, but not loose at all. It’s a 22mm diameter so should not overhang on any mod really. The juice well is also quite deep so over sqounking or over dripping shouldn't be an issue for most. I also experienced no issue with whistling or loud airflow either. It’s a pretty quiet RDA. There are also optional top caps for 24mm available for purchase at around 5 dollars each

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 510 drip tip
  • good quality grub screws (flat head)
  • price point (under 25 bucks)
  • color options
  • large juice well
  • standard 510 pin and sqounk pin included
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • tons of airflow options
  • much needed MTL RDA (the market lacks these)
  • good flavor for MTL vaping
  • enough coils and cotton included to last over a month
  • optional top caps (24mm)
Cons:
  • airflow options could confuse new vapers
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes if you are a MTL vaper. It’s an affordable true MTL RDA that sqounks and the market really lacks any good ones. If you are a MTL vaper looking for an RDA, this is the one to get. I’ll be adding it to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vapefly

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors