Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Galaxies MTL RTA is the latest MTL atomizer from the very underrated vapefly. They have been making some really good stuff, especially in the MTL market these days. The galaxies MTL RTA is the RTA version of their Galaxies MTL RDA that i reviewed last month. It’s a 3ml capacity RTA but they have a TPD version as well, and they include a bubble glass for a huge 5ml capacity. It features a unique airflow system with a ton of options for both outside and inside adjustments. It’s available in 3 colors Black, SS, and Gold and i found it online in the 20-35 dollar price range so very affordable.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Material:stainless steel + glass
  • Drip tip material:resin
  • Diameter:22.2mm
  • Height:49.45mm
  • Colors:Black,Gold,Stainless steel
  • Coil rebuildable:single coil
  • Capacity:3.0ml/5.0ml
  • TPD version:2ml with removable silicone part
  • All parts detachable and reassembled
  • Convenient top refill design
  • 360 Degree surround airflow adjustable design
  • Change inner tube to adjust airflow
Included in box:
  • 1 Vapefly galaxies MTL RTA
  • 1 Extra 510 drip tip
  • 1 Bubble glass tank 5ML
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 1 Organic cotton
  • 2 Coils
  • 1 O-rings & screws
  • 1 User manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed. Their last atomizer i reviewed was the galaxies MTL RDA which was great quality so i expected the same and the galaxies RTA delivered. All the threading is nice and smooth and it’s built well for sure. I got the SS one which comes with a clear PMMA drip tip and gives it a nice unique look without being too flashy. I love the included 5ml bubble glass which is a huge capacity for a MTL atomizer, but even the regular 3ml is a good capacity. The airhole adjust wheel is a cool idea that works well and there are replaceable air hole blocks for inside the RTA as well. Overall really impressed with it from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 post one hole per post single coil deck. They use a good quality flathead grub screw and plenty of spares so no complaints there but also include a set of hex grub screws as well so i love that. The deck uses a fork like systems where you drop the leads into a slot form the top and then use the screw to set them in place. It works great for round wires which is what i’d expect people to use for a MTL RTA, but with flat wires it can twist your leads since they come in from the side. It is very easy to build with and is similar in design to the old alpha one RTA I reviewed over a year ago. There isn’t a ton of room for wraps but i could fit 24G up to 9 wraps easily or spaced with a 5-6 wraps. You can also go as big as 3mm ID more then enough for a MTL RTA. overall an easy to build well made deck that isn’t anything new or innovative but it works well.

Wicking on this one is also extremely easy. There is 2 large areas to put your wicks into, and each one with 2 small holes drilled in for the juice to get through. Just make sure it’s not too tight and place your wick ends on the bottom of it and it’ll handle chain vaping with no issue and no leaks. It’s a slightly raised GTA style deck so no JFC and it’s not needed. It works well and is pretty forgiving.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in this. The 3 pictured above (a small fused clapton, a 24G SS spaced build and a small 24G SS contact build) as well as another 24G contact build. All Builds 2mm-3mm ID. I used all the airflow options on all the builds. 3MM is the max to fit in there really and I found 2-3mm ID all to work well. For the air, you can get a really tight MTL all the way to a restrictive lung hit with no air block on the inside and the outside set to the largest holes (2 and 4) i’ll explain that in the next section. Overall though, I felt this has pretty good flavor for a MTL RTA for sure. Right up there with the Savour I recently reviewed. I mostly enjoyed it using TC mode and I only used thinner high MG nic salts in it. No thicker juices. My nic salts are all 50-55% PG and 30 mg.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA, you can change the air inside at the coil between the 2 included blocks (each has 2 air options) as well as just leave it out for more air. From the outside there are 1 hole on each side and it uses a wheel to adjust them. Each side has 2 air options one wheel labeled 1 and 2 (in roman numerals) and the other labeled 3 and 4 (in roman numerals). That gives you a total of 8 combos from the outside and when paired with the 5 options on the inside a total of 40 air combinations to tune your vape. It has a standard top fill where you unscrew the top cap to expose the 2 large fill holes that can be filled with any type of bottle or even just pour it in. There is some slight knurling on the top cap but it’s a little thin itself so not the easiest to grip, but does good enough,. It’s really smooth threading though. There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 510 drip tip (PMMA, clear on the SS and orange on the black) plus and extra black delrin one as well. You can use your own as well but I like the one it comes with. It comes with a standard 3ml tank and a 5ml bubble tank. Both are glass. Plenty of extra o-rings and post screws as well. 2 coils, (simple round they don’t label the material) and some cotton.

The quality on the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s very easy to take apart. It’s a 22mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out if you don’t use the bubble glass. The 3ml capacity is really good for a MTL RTA but the included 5ml bubble glass makes it excellent. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. It has the raised GTA style deck. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside and just “galaxies” on the chamber inside the glass. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 510 tip (matching PMMA and black delrin)
  • good quality grub post screws (flat head and hex included)
  • price point (around 20-35 USD)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • excellent 3 or 5 ml capacity
  • plenty of spare o-rings and post screws
  • included bubble glass
  • plenty of air options from tight MTL to restrictive lung hit
  • good flavor for a MTL RTA
  • unique air adjustment wheel and blocks
Cons:
  • top cap could have been easier to grip
  • didn’t label the material of included coils
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. MTL RTAs aren’t very common these days although in 2018 it seems like there are more coming with the market shift going a bit smaller than recent years, but there still aren’t a ton to choose from, and this is one of the better ones for sure out there. I really struggled to find any cons with the RTA so at less than 40 bucks for the great quality and performance this one is well worth the buy for those looking for a MTL RTA. I’ll be adding this to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from vapefly

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors