VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaporesso Cascade Tank

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction
The Vaporesso Cascade is the newest sub ohm tank from vaporesso and their first really high watt tank, making claims of 200 watt maximum. It features a unique design where you can remove the coil with the tank still about half full and plug in coils not the screw in type. It also includes an adapter to use their GT coils (baby beast style) from the NRG tank and has generous and much needed 7ml capacity. It’s available in 4 colors SS, Black, Blue, and Rainbow.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm Base Diameter
  • 28mm Diameter at Widest Point
  • 7mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Isolation Structure Design - Separates Juice & Coil Chamber
  • GTM Cores - Convenient Plug-n-Pull Mechanism
  • Triple Triangular-Shaped Airflow Control
  • Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip - Spitback Protection
  • Slide-n-Fill Design - Convenient Top-Fill
  • 510 Connection
  • Available Color - Stainless, Black, Blue, Rainbow
Box Contents
  • 1 Cascade Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.4ohm GTM 2 Coil
  • 1 0.15ohm GTM 8 Coil
  • 1 GT Coil Adapter
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube & Parts
  • Instructional Manual
Coil Options
  • 0.2ohm GTM 2 Core - rated for 40-80W
  • 0.15ohm GTM 8 Core - rated for 80-200W
  • Compatible with GT Cores - w/ GT Adapter
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
s1.png

Stock Shot box/contents:
cascade_tank_pacakge_1.png

Stock Shot Exploded:
s3.png

Pics on mods:
dZBi17Y.jpg

2cJZfNP.jpg

2cJZfNP.jpg

XDUuAhw.jpg

AyH0fuV.jpg

l4ZfyIa.jpg

11wYBAW.jpg

RrFN05i.jpg

Disassembled:

7a6mhS1.jpg

PDSwXy0.jpg

Top Fill

ucSILvH.jpg

Handchecks:

1N0y61J.jpg

Box:

7QJ9sWX.jpg

Coil Adapter (with baby beast coil inside):

yJ0IoTU.jpg

Looks and Design
The Vaporesso Cascade tank is a very nice looking tank. Before I get into details though I want to state some measurements. i measured the tank and got 25mm at the base, 27mm at the AFC and 28mm at the widest part (glass tank) Back to the looks, it’s a large tank make no mistake about it, and it has a very small glass, it’s mostly metal and the glass section itself is thin. There is some weight to this tank for sure. Branding is simple it says “VAPORESSO” on the tank between the glass and AFC sections. That’s all.According to the pics the rainbow version comes will a cool looking matching tip, while the other 3 colors just have black ones. I would have preferred personally matching tips at minimum for the blue as well. Overall though I find it to be a nice looking tank that really stands out as different form a lot of the same looking one’s but in a good way.

Features and Functions
The Vaporeso Cascade tank uses a standard 510 tip but it is a little loose with some of your own. Needs one with thick o-rings. It comes with 1 tip a tall wide bore delrin black one, but the rainbow version looks like it could be a resin one. I have the blue one though so can’t say for sure. All the threading on this tank is not very good, especially the base threading. They should have done a better job with the base at minimum. Outside of that, It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a pop in and pop out. You can take off the base even with the tank almost full to swap coils. Just unscrew the base and pop it out and pop another one in and screw the base back on. It’s a cool feature for sure. The coils also insert very easily and are easy to take out. Not too loose, not too snug. Again good quality there. It comes with an adapter as well to use baby beast style coils (including their own NRG coils). Since the tank is mostly metal it’s hard to see when it’s empty, but to check all you have to do is turn it upside down. Not a big deal but worth the mention since the glass is on top. Airflow is 3 large holes equally spaced apart. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust thanks to it sticking out 2MM more than the base and having knurling on it, But i did find it a bit on the tighter side and its on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, it uses a swivel back design that’s about halfway between a smok tank and a slide back tank. The hole is quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type but just pouring juice into the tank could be problematic. It’s also very smooth as well.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 coil options for this tank and both are included. The pre-installed one is the GTM-8 coil .15ohm rated for 100-200 watts. It’s pretty overrated personally i found it best in the 120-130 range. Not really 200 watt capable. I had no issues using 70/30 80/20 and max VG juices in it. Flavor and vapor was pretty average I’d say around the smok TFV8 level. Not quite as good as the top tier tanks on the market for that 100+ watt range. I was also only able to vape 45-50ml on it before it burned out. For me that’s about 2 days if it was all i vaped on. I assume the average is somewhere in the 15-20ml a day for sub ohm vapers so essentially i’d say about 3-4 days which is below average. Personally I’d like if coils could get at least 100-140 MLs per coil. Anecdotal as it is, a buddy of mine has the TFV12 prince tank, he wanted to see how many puffs he can get on a coil so he reset the puff counter with the new coil. He’s over 4k currently and going strong.

The 2nd coil is a the GTM-2 .4ohm 40-80 watts. It only used 70/30 on this coil because it just never gave flavor and died out really fast. Again i find them overrated and around 50 was the best but it was never good. Almost like the break in never happened. Even not going over 50 watts and vaped about 35ml and by that time it was completely burnt. Overall i found the coils to be pretty bad. I’ve used quite a bit of vaporesso coils and have had nothing good experience wish with them. IDK why they look like any standard coil out there, They wick just fine, but they just are never good. I’d like to see them improve on this. They make great mods and great tanks, but their coils need serious work.

The saving grace on this tank that allowed me to use it for more than a few days is the included adapter that allows for using the baby beast style coils. I’m currently running a T8 baby beast coil at 70 watts and getting above average flavor (air halfway closed) and no issues with leaks, spitback or anything. I’ve ran so far about 80ml on it and it still is working like new.

Overall Impressions
Overall I’m lukewarm on this tank. I love the design, the swappable coils, the adapter, the capacity (7ml), no leaks, you can swap a coil with juice in the tank. It has a lot going good for it, but the coil performance is subpar, the threading especially the base is pretty bad, and a nicer matching drip tip would have went a long way as well. For me where it’s good is using the baby beast style coils from other companies and getting that nice 7ml capacity as most tanks that use those coils are 5ml or less. That’s where i think it does it’s best job. They also have for sale optional tinted glasses.

Pros
  • Build Quality (big heavy metal parts)
  • Looks
  • Fill port
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (the blue looks beautiful)
  • Standard 510 tip (needs o-ring tips)
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • compatible with NRG coils (baby beast style)
  • replace coils with half full tank
  • large 7ml capacity
  • optional tinted glass
Cons
  • base threading
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • lack of drip tip options (high watt tank should be 810 with 510 adapter)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to go 50/50. I won’t add it to my sheet because on it’s own the coil performance just doesn't stack up, however how i’ll use mine and where it shines is using it as a large capacity tank for baby beast style coils. It’s not good for high watts but the adapter bumps it form a no to a 50/50 since i can essentially use it as a 7ml baby beast that looks great. So if you have a favorite baby beast style coil and want a larger capacity tank, you’ll enjoy this. Outside of that though there are much better high watt options out there.

Buying Options

USA here for 31.95

China here for 29.90

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

VU Sponsors