Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Revenger X Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaporesso Revenger X. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me from Vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassembly to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The vaporesso revenger x is the follow up to the revenger. The main change is now it uses touch buttons instead of physical buttons and also a new menu system which is much improved from the original. It’s a dual 18650 mod advertised at 220 watts that packs all the features and mods expected of mods these days. It’s available in 5 colors green, red, blue, SS, and rainbow each with a matching NRG tank.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Dimensions: 89mm by 45mm by 28mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Innovative OMNI Board 2.2 Chipset
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
  • Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
  • Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
  • Smart VW Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • Real Time Clock Setting
  • Real Charging Time
  • Equalizing Charge System
  • Haptic Pattern: Mobile-Specific Vibration Motor
  • Sensory Accommodation: 8 Tier Vibration Adjustment
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • One Physical Firing Button
  • Three Efficient Touch Buttons - Intuive Adjustments
  • Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
  • In-Mould Labeling (IML) Injection - High-Resistant
  • All Metal Oversized Firing Button
  • MicroUSB Port
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Revenger X 220W Mod
  • 1 NRG Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.15ohm GT 8 Coil Head
  • 1 0.15ohm GT 4 Coil Head
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Chart:
4ePZMez.png

Spreadsheet:
Jsk2tJW.png

Battery door notch:
nBGNZnT.jpg

Internal Look:
aUnSqTT.jpg

Internal 510
KZGMknv.jpg

Stock Shot Colors
revenger_x_kit_colorsall.jpg

Size comparisons

CDPJWAj.jpg

DSozb4G.jpg

hAApbh4.jpg

PAQUbV3.jpg

TIktCUC.jpg

Handcheck
4lH6gIz.jpg

Box and contents
AGF8aBv.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and design of it. It’s the same as the revenger but instead of physical buttons you have touch buttons. The paint job is excellent and looks almost like it has a shiny sparkle clearcoat. There are faint gold sparkles if you look close. The screen is big and bright. It has individual battery monitors which is nice and after sitting it goes to a clock which i personally still don’t get the thing about clocks on mods. The fire button is placed for right handed vapers with a thumb fire which i like and it’s nice and clicky and has no rattle. The touch buttons work great and it feels like an improved revenger.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .12 , .17, .24, and .54 ohms. wattage points were max (220), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50, and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 195 watts and 40 amps. The 40 amps is average for dual battery mods which i found to be around 40 so no complaints there. The mod hits low 1-12 watts for the rest of my testing.the 12 was at 150 and 11 at 100. Under 100 it fares a bit better being 1-8 watts low. At .17 it maxed out at 204 watts. The rest of the testing it was low 1-12 watts again getting better with lower watts being 1-8 under 100. For the .24 test it maxed out at 189 watts. The rest of the testing it was low 3-16 again working best under 100 where it was 3-8 low. For the .54 testing it maxed out at 152 watts and 9.046 volts which very high for a dual battery mod well above average and shows the omni 2.0 chip has a boost circuit which isn’t common in dual battery mods. It fared much better during this test where it hit 1 watt low to 2 watts high so very accurate at this resistance never being off by more than 2 watts.

Overall i found this to be a solid performer in power mode that tends to hit on the low side most of the time, usually around 1-12 watts but once you get under 100 much more accurate. It works much better at higher resistances as far as accuracy goes and thanks to the boost circuit one of the few dual battery mods that can really power the crown 3 .5 ohm coils. The output was smooth and consistent. It asks for a new coil but reads live resistance. It does tend to read resistances a little high. Anywhere from .01 to .04 which isn’t great but acceptable. It’s max amps are average for a good dual battery mod, it does pass 200 watts but doesn't reach the 220 advertised still any dual that can push 200+ watts is close enough for me but i would have preferred it labeled as a 200 or 205 watt mod. The max volts i got of 9.046 for the .54 test is impressive for a dual battery mod. One of the highest out there making it really good for high volt vapers. The mod never gets hot in my testing, it did get slightly warm barely noticeable but then went into high temp alarm and i had to let it cool off before finishing my stress testing. So it won’t be great for vaping super high watt sub ohm tanks that get hot, but it’s thankfully plenty safe with room to spare. I’d prefer this over mods that turn to hand warmers but still would have liked to see the high temp alert be set higher than it is. It also features a watt curve mode that works excellent.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode and TCR mode at .00092 or 0092 as the mod shows it. I tested 6 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coil and Fancy dual coil builds. The default mode does not work as good as TCR mode so i suspect their default TCR for SS mode is too high so i recommend using TCR mode and that’s what i’ll discuss it’s performance in. In TCR mode the performance was very good. Output was smooth and consistent and throttle was good. Dry hit protection works good as well but if you set it over 500 you can get some dry hits for sure. It feels pretty accurate maybe about 20 or so degrees high. I think most people will find their ideal vape between 380-480. I’ve found my sweet spot to be about 450ish on most builds. Also this time around there is no limit in the power setting in temp mode which is a big improvement so you can set the full 220 watts. Overall it gets a pass from me as a solid temp control device

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Other Usage Notes
Disassembly showed a very clean layout (pictured above) however the wiring could have been done a little better. It’s really bent in there. The load wire also looks to be a bit thinner then what it should be which could have been the reason for the overtemp alarm kicking in. I think they should have went 2 gauges higher. The 510 is very nice and worked great with all the attys i used on it and properly grounded. Thanks to a centered 510 28mm will sit flush but larger will overhang. It has TCR mode for temp control as well as temp curve and watt curve modes.The mod is built very solid and feels durable. The screen is protected by an outside screen as well. The fire button has no rattle on it and feels great. The touch buttons provide feedback. Also during my review of the original i mistakenly said there is no notch on the battery door and it was pointed out to me where it was hidden. I took a pic above showing it and it works great so i appreciate that feedback of my mistake last time as i learned from it. The mod also has a bypass mode for those that use that and preheat options of normal, soft, and hard.

Usage is simple and much better than the original revenger. Firing the mod locks the touch buttons. To unlock them click fire 3 times. It’s a 5 click on and off like most mods. After unlocking the touch buttons 3 clicks to menu goes into the menu system so you can select the mode. It’s much easier to use this time around and very straightforward although you still need to go to the menu system to adjust the power in temp mode. That’s really my only complaint and it’s not a big one IMO.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • Temp control performance
  • Easy to use menu system
  • Pretty accurately rated
  • Full power allowed in TC mode
  • Build Quality
  • Sleek design
  • Paint Job
  • Bright screen
  • color options
  • center 510 pin for up to 28mm attys
  • Power curve mode
Cons:
  • 510 load wire could be a little thicker
  • default SS mode isn’t as good as using TCR mode
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this leans heavily towards the yes. I loved the original revenger and this one is an improved version that took care of most of the cons i had with the original. It does run a little low so make note of that, but i do recommend this as a power mode mod and as a mid range temp control device and will adding this to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Vaporesso for sending me these for the purpose of this review.

VU Sponsors