Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Sky Solo Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaporesso Sky Solo Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Sky Solo is the latest AIO Stick kit from Vaporesso. Vaporesso doesn't need much of an introduction as they have been out for a while and have made some great mods recently like the revenger series, the luxe, the switcher it’s a pretty long list. They also have the best Stick kit i’ve used in the cascade one plus. The Sky Solo features an internal 1400mah battery and is a simple non adjustable AIO stick that uses GT coils like their NRG tanks. It features a LED light for battery charge. It’s available in 4 colors, Black, Blue, Rainbow, and Silver and is available online in china for pre-order only around the 15-25 USD price range

Manufacturer's Specs Battery:
  • Size: 26 x 103mm
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Capacity: 3.5ml
  • Battery: built-in 1400mah battery
  • Resistance: 0.18ohm GT Mesh coil(50-85W)
  • Charge Style: AC/USB
  • Advanced OMNI Board Mini chip
  • GT Meshed Coil pre-installed
  • Filling: Top-fill system
Included in box:
  • 1 x SKY Solo kit (3.5ml)
  • 2 x GT Meshed coil 0.18ohm
  • 4 x O-Ring
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Guide
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Coil Options
  • All Gt Core coils
  • Recommended: GT8 , GT Mesh, GT CCELL2
Picture Album
album

Sky Solo Battery Rundown
The Sky Solo is a non adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is one LED around the fire button that is bright and easy to see. It tells you the battery level by the color. They don’t tell you the specs of each but basically Green means high, blue means medium and red means Low. It’s only on when firing so tap the button to see the charge if you need to. They should have specified the percentages though.

The stick itself is really nice. There is not much of a design it’s just a basic stick and nothing fancy, the difference between this and the other ones i’ve seen this style is that this one is short like really short for a DTL AIO stick kit. About half the size of others like the cascade one plus, voopoo caliber, etc. Of course the payout to that is lower battery life. The coloring is nice as well mine is like a shiny silver and isn’t showing any signs of chipping or wearing. It is an AIO though with the atomizer built into it, so it cannot be used with anything else. The USB port is on the back and they don’t list a charge rate. They actually did a pretty poor job listing specs as a whole. They list the battery at 1400mah on site but at 1500mah on the box and the manual as well.

The only testing I did on this battery is the charge rate and battery capacity. I know i tested some in the past but based on the type of kit it is and what it’s used for I don’t feel it’s 100% necessary. I tested this using an inline USB meters and ran it 3 times overall. The charge rate held very steady between .76A and .8A so pretty good charge rate most would list at 1A charging. It charges in about 2.5 hours. The battery i tested between 1319 mah and 1352 mah so a little short of their listed 1400mah/1500mah but not too crazy off. I would have felt a little better with 1400mah rating personally across the board. so i’ll consider it slightly overrated since some listing say 1500mah, but still a good size for the size of the device itself. It also features passthrough vaping as well.

Coil Performance
Quick rundown on the tank, It’s not a true tank, it’s built into the battery so you just screw your coils directly onto the battery. It uses GT core coils like their NRG tank and others. It’s a DTL vape and has non adjustable air and is pretty airy. It looks like it should be adjustable but i sure couldn’t get it to budge and don’t see it listed as adjustable anywhere either so for all intents and purposes, no air adjust. It has a 3.5ml capacity with the included bubble glass or 2ml capacity with the included straight glass. It uses a screw off top fill to expose the 1 large fill hole making it easy to fill. And While it is easy to fill i have 2 complaints about this, 1 is the drip tip is part of the top cap and not replaceable and complaint 2 is the top cap is delrin threaded.

It comes with 2 coils, and although there are a few options for this tank, it only came with 2 of the .18 ohm mesh coils. Now mind you i’ve had many GT coils for vaporesso over the years and on an overall basis they are pretty mediocre so i’m more concerned with how they work in this kit with the non adjustable battery more then their overall performance. With that said, the battery doesn't power them very well at all. They feel about 10-15 watts underpowered. This also led to some minor leaking from the air holes for me as well and just overall didn’t work good. I know every company wants to hop on the mesh train but in this case it was a poor fit. Which is usually the case with this stick kits as companies don’t make coils specifically for direct output and instead tend to use whatever coils they already have. On top of that they kill the battery quite fast too and it hits weaker as the battery drains. They should have included the .3 ohm GT CCELL 2 coil instead which would have vaped better with it’s lower power demands and given better battery life as well and more fitting of the kit. Of course you always have the option to buy those instead but they really should have been the included coil in this kit. FWIW, I do have a pic of the coil as well in the album after running 42ml through it.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Easy to refill
  • Passthrough vaping
  • nice bright LED
  • good 3.5ml capacity with bubble glass
  • Lots of coil options
  • color options (4)
  • 1A fast charging
Cons:
  • Built in non replaceable drip tip on tank
  • top cap is delrin threaded
  • slightly overrated battery capacity listing (with the 1500mah on the manual and box, site rating is more accurate)
  • Battery Life is poor with the included coils
  • AFC is non adjustable
  • Battery Indicator not labeled well
  • Coil Performance is not good with this device, can’t really power it
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the no for me. It’s a shame as we don’t have a lot of mini DTL kits but this feels like they sacrificed battery for size, but didn’t adjust the coils properly. The only value i can see in this is if you are a fan of the GT CCELL 2 coils and use them already, it’ll be a good portable device to use those in without needing to carry a full set up, but outside of that not a good kit overall

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors