Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaptio Tyro Nano and Vaptio Sleek Double Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a quick double review of the Vaptio Tyro Nano AIO Kit and Sleek Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Manufacturer's Specs: Tyro Nano
  • Tank Capacity: 2ml
  • COSMO Coil: 1.6Ω
  • Built-in Battery: 900mAh
  • Power Range: 7-30W
  • Charge Current: 5V/1A
  • Size: 19*105mm
  • Material: stainless steel
  • Indication: Led light
  • Colors: Black / Chameleon
Manufacturer's Specs: Sleek
  • Kit Size: 86.22x31.22x12.1mm
  • Charging Current: 5V / 0.5A
  • Resistance: 0.8Ω Pod
  • Capacity: 1.5mL
  • Battery Capacity: 400mAh
  • Output Power: 13W Max
  • Low-Voltage Protection: Yes
  • Over-Vaping Protection: Yes
  • Over-Charging Protection: Yes
  • Short-Circuit Protection: Yes
  • AIRFLOW CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
  • GENERATION 4 DIATOMITE CERAMIC ATOMIZER
  • ALL-METAL SHELL DESIGN
  • COMPACT AND PORTABLE
Picture Album: Tyro Nano
album

Picture Album: Sleek
album

Tyro Nano Review
TheTyro Nano is a tube style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. The coil screws directly into the battery and then the glass tank section screws over that. There is no adjustable air on this device. It’s a loose MTL draw. It has an average capacity of 2mll. The battery is listed at 900mah and it’s a direct output device. It features built in USB charging with a listed rate of 1A. I tested this once with an inline USB meter. It charges as a max .54A so overstated spec there, should have been listed at .5A or .6A instead and the mah was 851 so close enough there. It charges full in 1 hour and 40 mins. Should be better. It does use a standard 510 drip tip.

Color Wise, I got the sky grey one and it looks good. No issues with the paint. It has a semi-glossy finish to it. To fill it, you unscrew the top cap which is a quarter turn one and works great. There are 2 good sized fill holes but it has a rubber flap on the inside like a few of their tanks have had and I really dislike it. Makes it harder to fill then it should be. Not sure why it’s included. Even a fine tooth bottle didn’t fill well i had to push them out of the way with a tweezer to get it to fill up. Usage is pretty easy. There is a fire button on the front which is also used to turn the device on and off (5 clicks). Oddly there is pretty much no battery meter at all on this device which I don’t get. The Battery LED is always white until it's pretty much dead then turns red. The LED is a little dim too and it’s around the fire button. Not good at all, they should have had a real battery meter.

It only comes with 1 coil and they didn’t send me any extra ones either. It uses all their “cosmo” coil options so there are a couple of options but I only got to use the 1 I was sent which was the 1.6 ohm. I used all 50/50 nic salt juices 20 mg nicotine. I vaped 3 tanks and the flavor is pretty much non existent and the vape was really weak an unsatisfying. Just not a good coil at all.

Sleek Review
The sleek is a flat oval styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, and the coils are built right into it like a caliburn or renova zero and non replaceable. Design wise it’s very similar to the renova zero but with the pods inside the device. There is no adjustable air which isn’t a big deal as most pods don’t have any, but it’s a cool feature when they add it. It’s a loose MTL draw. It has a small capacity of 1.5ml, most pods are at least 2ml. The battery is listed at 400mah and it’s a non adjustable direct output device. It’s inhale to fire only. It features built in USB charging with a listed rate of .5A. I couldn’t test the battery capacity (those who have read my reviews know why before I get to that part lol) but I did test the charge rate which charged at a max of .49A so their .5A charging rate is good. No Drip tip, the mouthpiece is part of the pod itself, but in this case it’s in such an odd spot and with the pod door so close to it, you wind up sucking in air from the pod door as much as you do the device. Really poorly designed there.

Paint wise I got the rainbow which looks really nice and has no chipping or wearing. The pods click into place inside the device itself after you remove you cover. They fit nice in the battery. You don’t replace coils either, you just replace the whole pod. The filling is pretty basic. Just a simple rubber plug which is on the top of the pod. Then you just pop open the rubber plug and fill. There are 2 good sized fill holes so no complaints there.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s inhale to fire only. No buttons or on and off. Oddly there is pretty much no battery meter at all on this device which I don’t get. The Battery LED is always white until it's pretty much dead then turns red. The LED is a little dim too and it’s around the fire button. Not good at all, they should have had a real battery meter. The pod is fully enclosed in the device so they added a tiny juice window, But between the dark tinting of the pod and the size and location of the window you can't see your level at all really. Poorly done there.

The Sleek Pod Kit comes with only 1 pod sadly. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. They didn't send me any extra either. There is 1 coil option for this kit in total which is a .8 ohm ceramic coil. I used all 50/50 nic salt juices 20 mg nicotine. I vaped 2 tanks in the pod and the vape was just gross. Really funky flavor and hot vapor that is harsh. Not good at all and couldn’t go for a 3rd, I had suffered enough.

Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend these kits or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but in this case both of them are easy no’s. Not even going to do a pros and cons list. Just kept it as a quick rundown of each and a warning to avoid these devices. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaptio

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors