Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Voopoo Drag Baby Trio AIO and Voopoo Drag Nano Pod Tech Reviews. A Tale of 2 Kit-ies

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Voopoo Drag Baby Trio and Drag Nano Pod Kits, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Drag Baby Trio Kit
Introduction:

The Voopoo Drag Baby Trio kit is the latest mini AIO system kit from popular vape manufacturer Voopoo. They are mostly popular for their drag line of mods, which honestly are overrated especially by today's standards but the original one was great value for it’s time. Since then though they haven’t done much worth mentioning outside of the pericles which is one of the best dual coil RDAs but flew under the radar, and a couple of good internal battery mods (mojo and drag mini) not a lot worth mentioning by them. The Drag Baby Trio is a simple mini AIO that’s like halfway between a pod system and other AIO kits on the market so kind of unique, with replaceable coils and a built in 1500mah battery and is press button to fire. It’s available in 7 colors which are all the same grey/dark grey color scheme but with different resin options named Ceylon Yellow, Teal Blue, Fiesta, Aurora, Ultra Violet, Ink, and Rhodonite. Looking around online I see them for around 40-45 bucks but element vape has them for 34.95 for the kit and 13.95 for a 5 pack of coils so really good price point there.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • GENE.TRIO Chipset
  • All-In-One
  • Dimensions - 58.5mm by 35mm by 21.5mm
  • Integrated 1500mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-25W
  • Resistance Range: 0.5-3.0ohm
  • Aluminium and Stainless Steel Construction
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • Tri-Color LED Battery Life Indicator Light
  • Lanyard Attachment Point
  • 18.5mm Diameter
  • 1.8mL Tank Capacity
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Threaded Top Fill System - Dual Fill Ports
  • Middle to Coil Airflow Control System
  • Plug 'n' Play Coil Installation
  • Switch Timeout Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
  • Over Discharge Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Output Over-Current Protection
  • MicroUSB Port
Coil/Pod Options
  • 0.45ohm PnP-M1 Single Coil - rated for 28-35W (DL)
  • 0.6ohm PnP-M2 Single Coil - rated for 20-28W (DL)
  • 0.8ohm PnP-R1 Dual Coil - rated for 12-18W (MTL)
  • 1.2ohm PnP-C1 Ceramic Coil - rated for 10-15W (MTL)
Included in box:
  • 1 DRAG BABY Kit
  • 1 1.2ohm PnP-C1 Coil
  • 1 0.6ohm PnP-M2 Coil
  • 1 1.8mL Glass Tube
  • 1 Chain Necklace
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • 1 GENE.CHIP Card
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Drag Baby Trio is simple Unique AIO kit that has a miniature mod like body and the coil screws directly onto it (no 510 connection) with the tank so it looks like a mini mod with a mini tank on it, but it’s really an AIO, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable coils like any AIO or tank. It’s a really small and portable size. There is no adjustable air, even though it looks like there could be, there isn’t. Not a big deal since it pretty much competed with pods and most of those don’t. It has an average capacity of 1.8ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 1500mah and it’s a direct output device. It features built in USB charging where they list the rate at 1A charging and list a charge time of 1.5 Hours. I tested this 3 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .1A max so very accurately rated, and it charges full in about 1:22 minutes so not bad at all and right what they promise. They really nailed those specs. Battery size wise however I got 1140-1150mah so no while the size is very large, it is well overstated so i’m going to ding them there. I would have accepted 1200mah but the 1500 is just not true or even close. It does not have passthrough vaping either. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the tank itself but looks like a standard delrin drip tip you’d see on a mini tank.

The Drag Baby Trio is very nicely built, but lightweight as well. Paint wise i have the “ink” which I mean they are all the same color which is a 2 tone grey and the only difference is the resin color on the 1 side. The ink one i have is a black/white/grey resin and looks and feels nice. No signs of wearing either. No complaints on the paint. The tank section functions like any standard tank. You unscrew from the base to change the coil and the coil itself just pops in and out of the tank (like a crown 4) and then you screw the tank section onto the mod. To fill it uses a standard screw off top cap and has 2 small fill holes which are good enough sizes for a fine tooth bottle. All the threading is really nice and it’s easy to fill and replace coils. Also unlike pods, there is no tint since it’s a standard glass so it’s easy to see juice level and it comes with a spare glass in case you break it.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a simple 1 button device. There are no modes or settings. The one button is a fire button and you can click ti 5 times to turn the device on or off. The LED is on the front right above the USB port and is a bright pinhole LED. When firing it lights up to let you know the charge. Green means Full to 60%, Blue means 60-20% and Red means 20% or less. Not bad but I would have liked to see a 4th step.

Coil Performance and details
The Voopoo Drag Baby Trio Kit comes with 2 Coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 2 coil options that it comes with however they list out 4 options in total. The 2 it comes with are the 0.6ohm PnP-M2 Single Mesh Coil and the 1.2ohm PnP-C1 Ceramic Coil. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. I started with the 1.2 ohm coil and flavorwise it was solid. Like a high end tier 2 flavor but not good enough to be tier 1. It’s a loose MTL draw and not really MTL or tight MTL. Life wise it lasted me about 12ml of juice so overall it’s a solid and good coil, but nothing special. Then onto the .6 ohm coil. This has a looser draw and is more of a restricted DTL vape. Flavorwise it’s a tier 1 for sure. Compared with pods that use similar coils or even MTL low watt tanks it’s up there with the best of them. Even better though I got 46ml in it before it burned out on me which is kind of insane for a coil like that. I usually expect around 20-30ml for a good coil and it surpassed that easily. Overall the 1.2 ohm ceramic coil is solid, but the .6 ohm coil really shines and makes this kit stand out.

Pros:
  • color options (7 total)
  • Average 1.8 ml capacity
  • Good build quality
  • nice and unique looks
  • good size for easy portability
  • charges fast enough (under 90 mins)
  • good rating on charge speed and time it takes to charge
  • easy to replace coil
  • easy to fill
  • led is easy to see
  • simple and easy to use
  • comes with 2 coils (4 options in total)
  • really good flavor for a pod/MTL AIO
  • really good coil life
  • easy to see juice level
  • comes with a lanyard to wear around neck if wanted
Cons:
  • Battery meter needs a 4th step
  • Battery capacity overrated (listed 1500mah actual 1150ish)
  • No Passthrough Vaping
  • not much of a color difference in the options (just the small resin part)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans towards the yes pretty easily. If you are in the market for a pod like kit or a small beginner kit it’s a great choice that works well in a tiny size and is pretty unique as i haven’t seen much like it. My only real complaint is the overlisted battery size, but even the actual size is really good and on par with the top pod systems, it’s just overstated. The rest of my cons are pretty ticky tack and not a big deal. I added this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Drag Nano
Ok so I said this will be a double review so here is the 2nd product. The drag nano. I’m gonna do this a little different. here is an album

but outside of that I don’t really know what to say nor do i have enough to really go in depth. I mean it’s cute, but they send a review sample where only 1 pod comes in it and no extras so of course my 1st thought was this pod better be damn good. Of course it wasn’t and what I got was a gross and nasty pod that burned out before I finished the 1ml capacity it has, so barely got to use it really so figured I'd just tack it in here with the other kit in 1 post. Maybe I got a dud, maybe not, IDK but i can only review what's in my hand so I'd say just avoid this one as it’s not good at all.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Voopoo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors