Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Voopoo Pericles RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Voopoo Pericles RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Pericles RDA is the latest RDAs from popular vape manufacturer Voopoo who really doesn’t need much of an introduction. Most popular for their drag mod which is still popular to this day almost 2 years after release, voopoo has made some good mods but are now trying to make some atomizers too. This is their 4th RDA to date and i’ve only reviewed the rune so far which was great. The Pericles RDA is a dual coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 10 color combos. The 5 main colors are Black, Silver, Rainbow, Blue, and Gold but some have multiple trim options such as Silver with rainbow trim. Elementvape has them listed at 23.95 USD and i se a few sites in the 25-28 USD range so plenty of options and very affordable price point.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24.2mm Diameter
  • 6mm Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Domed Top Cap Design - Flavor Enhanced
  • Intuitive Two-Post Build Deck
  • User-Friendly Clamp-Style Design
  • Terminal Shelf Openings - 3mm
  • Top-Secured via Flathead Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • Dual External Airflow Control - 10mm by 2mm
  • Four Internal Air Tubes - 3mm Diameter
  • 10mm 810 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Squonk BF 510 Pin
  • Gold Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Black or Stainless Steel
Included in box:
  • 1 Pericles RDA
  • 1 510 Resin Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Flathead Screwdriver
  • 1 Hexagon Key
  • 1 Organic Cotton Pad
  • 2 Prebuilt Coils
  • 1 Squonk BF 510 Pin
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA i was really impressed with the design of it. Like I can pretty much sum up the review right here and call it a day. It’s nothing new or innovative but they took one of the best build decks which is the same deck as the cheetah 2 RDA which was also used in the bonza and paired it with one of the best airflows for flavor the kennedy airflow into 1 RDA. I mean how can you go wrong with that combination? Sure it’s not innovative but I haven’t seen those 2 paired together before and it’s a great pairing so yeah overall pretty impressed from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 post 1 hole and 1 clamp per post deck that’s staggered out. It’s a really cool design that works well so kudos to whoever came up with it. It was first seen on the cheetah 2 RDA and then made more popular with the Bonza RDA. Unscrewing the clamp screw makes it drop down to create clearance to slide your lead into and tightening it raises the clamp back up to clamp it against the post. The other hole on each post is a standard hole with a top down screw more than large enough to accomodate most coils. Each lead gets their own hole or clamp and you can install each coil by itself. The post screws are good quality flat head screws. No complaints there. Overall one of the easiest decks to build on that works great with round and fancy wires.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your leads to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA only, you could run a single coil if you wanted like any dual coil RDA but there is no blocker and you can’t close off one side of air so not sure why anyone would. I ran 4 builds in this a fancy 3mm ID build, a fancy 3.5 mm ID build, a fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 4mm ID build. For size I found it worked well with all those sizes and as many wraps as you can fit comfortably in it. It definitely likes a big coil and has plenty of air. Even with the round build though it was great. The flavor is excellent and one of the better dual coil RDAs for sure even with the simple round wire. Overall a very good dual coil RDA flavorwise.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a kennedy style bottom airflow with 2 airflow tubes on each side. I’m sure most are familiar with the kennedy airflow at this point. It was also used in the tsunami RDA but can’t think of one since then and that was years ago. The only odd thing though is the tubes aren’t the same height for some reason. The airflow tubes on the left side of your coils are slightly higher than the ones on the right. Not sure why and not a big deal but something I noticed so i have to point it out. Adjusting the airflow is easy. You just spin the top cap and the o-rings are a nice size to make it easy to do. The top cap also locks into place but is fully closed in both positions. Would have been cool if it locked into fully open and fully closed but not a big deal. It’s easy to adjust on the mod but can't be adjusted off the mod. Very well done there. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on. There is a stopper so it’s easy to screw on and off your mod.

It comes with 1 standard 810 Resin friction fit drip tip. Other 810 tips fit well both friction fit and o-ring ones. They also include a 510 adapter so you can use pretty much any drip tip on the RDA which is great. I wish they would have included 1 extra though as it’s a standard now these days to include 2 drip tips with any RDA. The Drip tip fits very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. The quality on the Voopoo Pericles RDA is excellent. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is easy to adjust, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The top cap does lock into place so it was easy to get on and off mods. The post screws are excellent quality as well and 4 spare screws are included (2 long ones 2 short ones), all are flat head screws. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well and both are gold plated.

The juice well is a good size. Not massive but pretty large. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. The bottom airflow is high enough up that it doesn't cause any issues leaking when dripping or squonking. I only used it as a dripper as i’m not currently working on a review for any squonk mods but i did put it on a squonk mod just to test it real quick and it worked well. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 24mm diameter (technically 24.2) so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. Accessory wise, There is plenty of spare o-rings and 4 spare post screws (2 of each size) for it, but no spare clamps, 1 screwdriver, 1 allen wrench, 1 510 tip adapter, 2 coils, cotton, and only the 1 drip tip. Good amount of accessories overall. The only thing I feel missing is the extra drip tip and clamps. The coils don’t come labeled however which is disappointing and they will get dinged for that. They look like fused claptons 3mm ID 5 wraps by my estimate but no label on the material. Manufacturers should always label the complete specs including the metal used on included coils. Branding is very simple and nice. Just a small voopoo on the bottom of the top cap on each side in between the 2 airflow holes. Very nice there and it’s engraved in a matching color so doesn't stand out too much.

Pros:
  • Standard 810 resin drip tip
  • standard gold plated 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options
  • great quality Flat Head post screws and spares
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • great flavor
  • Decent size juice well
  • good build quality
  • top cap locks into place
  • good easy to adjust AFC
  • 510 tip adapter
  • nice looks, not overly branded
  • build deck is excellent and easy to build on
  • Price point (around 25USD)
Cons:
  • included coils not labeled
  • only 1 drip tip included
  • no spare clamps
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans very heavy towards the rest. Outside of labeling the coils and missing a spare clamp and drip tip nothing really wrong with this RDA. it’s easily one of the best this year in a very crowded market. As i said in the first impression you take one of the best and easiest build decks and combine it with one of the best airflow designs for flavor and you have a winner. It may not be innovative but it it performs great and is easy build combining 2 proven excellent things that are the most important things for an RDA. I added this to my list of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Voopoo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors