Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Voopoo Rune RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Voopoo Rune RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Rune RDA is the newest RDA from Very popular company Voopoo. Mostly known for their mods especially the drag which has quite the following, this is their second RDA made with the first being the demon. The rune is a dual coil RDA with bottom airflow and comes with a resin tip. It’s available in 6 colors, Rainbow, Gold, Black, S-black, S-blue, and Silver. It’s available online in the 25-30 USD price range

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Dimensions: 1-1/2" x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
  • 24.6mm Diameter
  • 510 Threaded
  • Postless Build Deck for Vertical Coil Builds
  • Easy to Build Design
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Direct Airflow to Coil Design
  • Four Square Airflow Holes
  • Adjustable Airflow Top Cap
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • 810 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Includes Bottom Feeding Squonker Pin for Squonk/Bottom Feeding Mods
  • Includes 510 Drip Tip Adapter
Included in box:
  • 1 x RUNE RDA
  • 1 x 510 Adapter Ring
  • 3 x Seal Ring
  • 1 x Stainless Steel Hex Socket Screw
  • 3 x Slotted Screw
  • 1 x Slotted Screwdriver
  • 1 x Hex Screwdriver
  • 1 x User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA I was pretty impressed with it. It ticked most of my boxes of what i like in a RDA personally. Bottom air, dual coil, postless deck, nice 810 resin tip, deep juice well, squonk pin included. Really not much to complain about. I like the rune design and it acts as a heatsink so you never got hot lips which is nice. Overall I was pretty impressed from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s made primarily for dual coils, however you can install a single coil if you wanted to. It’s a pretty standard postless deck which means you do need to pre-cut leads. Personally i found 4-5mm to be a good size. They use good quality flat head grub screws and have 3 extra ones included although a set of hex would have been nice. In short it’s just like building any postless deck. Not the most beginner friendly but not hard either. Once you precut the leads correctly it gets easy

Wicking is pretty easy as well, just drop it down the sides into the juice well. There are 2 indents even deeper in the well to lay your cotton on.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual coil RDA only as intended. I ran 6 builds in this and varying heights. The 2 above, 3 other fancy coil builds then those, and one more simple round wire (22 Gauge 4mm ID 8 wraps). All Builds 2.5mm-4mm ID. There is room to go bigger as well, much bigger, could easily fit a 5-6mm ID but it really works best with a 3.5-4mm ID. Smaller one’s didn’t work as well and seems to lose flavor. You want your coils to cover up both air holes. Height wise, you want to drop it as low to the air as you can. The higher up the less flavor came through. It’s not a major difference unless you go crazy high but it’s noticeable. Overall flavor can be really good when built correctly and just decent when not. It’s not made for a lot of wraps or small ID coils. The best flavor i got was using a 3.5-4mm ID coils with just enough wraps to line up the leads with the post holes. It’s less air than you think for cooling off big builds and made mostly for medium wattage.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RDA with 2 air holes on each side. AFC is really easy to adjust. If you want to adjust it just turn the whole top cap. It is also on a stopper as well and doesn't free spin which is nice for putting it on and taking it off your mod. I left mine open but you can close off one hole to give it a restricted DTL vape. It’s not very airy at all. It goes from restricted DTL to slightly restricted DTL if that makes sense. It comes with a standard 810 friction fit resin tip. Each color has its own color tip. They also include a 510 adapter. The tip fits great and isn’t too loose or too tight and o-ring “TFV8” style tips also work in it perfectly.

The quality is good as well. No complaints at all. The top cap is easy to get on and off and AFC is easy to adjust. All the o-rings feel like they are the right size. It also has a piece between the top cap and the drip tip you can remove (where the rune drawings are on) that doesn’t take on heat so it keeps it cool for vaping. Your lips will never touch a hot surface. I love that. The deck and post screws are all nice. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin. I used it both as a dripper and squonker. The juice well is very deep and you can just drip down the tip. It has great oversquonk and overdrip protection. It’s a 24.7mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods really. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 3 spare post screws. I also experienced no issue with whistling on the airflow either, however it can be a little loud especially with 1 hole closed off. Branding is nice and simple. A small voopoo is engraved on each side of the cap on the bottom but barely noticeable. The rune drawings are on the top of the top cap and give it a nice unique look.

Pros:
  • Good Build Quality
  • 810 resin drip tip and 510 adapter
  • Good quality post screws (flat head grub screws)
  • price point (around 25-30 bucks)
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • nice postless deck
  • good protection for over-dripping or over squonking
  • color options
  • good flavor for medium watt builds
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • easy to get top cap on and off
  • huge juice well
  • top cap doesn't get hot
Cons:
  • postless decks aren’t really beginner friendly
  • a set of hex screws would have been nice
  • less air than you think, not for massive builds
  • air can be a little loud
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean towards the yes. It has a lot of good going for it and only some minor picky cons. It’s a good quality RDA with good flavor made for medium watt builds and can do DTL or restricted DTL vaping. No hot lips because of the spacer between the top cap and the drop tip is really nice and the large juice well is forgiving when you fill it. If you like posteless decks and aren’t out for crazy 100+ watts builds this one is well worth a look. I’ve added it to my spreadsheet of recommendations which is linked below. Always feel free to check that out if you are in the market for new stuff as i update it regularly.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Official product link: http://en.voopootech.com/rune

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from voopoo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors