Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vzone Graffiti 220w TC Box Mod Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vzone Graffiti 220W TC Mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
The Graffiti 220w TC box mod is the latest mod from new manufacturer Vzone. I actually reviewed their first mod the Vone last year. The Graffiti is a dual 18650 220 watt box mod with funky designs on the outside to make it stand out. It’s available in 3 colors, Silver, Gunmetal, and rainbow. The silver has purplish highlights around the screen and backside and a graffiti like drawing of random shapes on it with many colors. The rainbow has Yellow highlights and a graffiti like drawing, while the gunmetal has mint green highlights and a skull drawing. It’s available for 54.95 at elementvape

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 90mm by 56mm by 26mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 7-220W
  • Max Output Voltage: 7.5V
  • Max Output Current: 50A
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Innovative HW Board 1.0 Chipset
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
  • Taste Mode - Normal/Soft/Hard/User
  • Three Memory Mode
  • Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
  • In-Mould Injection - High-Resistant
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • Magnetized Battery Door Cover
  • Micro USB Port
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Graffiti 220W Box Mod
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, there wasn’t anything that stood out. It has some weight to it and feels really well built but other then that looks like something that would have came out in mid 2017. It’s nothing fancy or standout outside of the designs on the side. The chip however, even though listed as a proprietary HW chip, reminded me of the tesla chips. Same screen, same menu system, you could have told me it was a tesla mod and i’d believe it. If it’s not a tesla chip, it’s clearly inspired by it. Outside of that though it’s a very standard mod with some weight to it and a little bigger than most dual 18650s these days

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .1, .14, .18, and .57 ohms. wattage points were max (220), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .1 ohms it maxed out at 244 watts and 49 amps. For the rest of the testing it hits quite high still. 100 or less 3-13 watts high over 100 18-24 watts high. At .14 it maxed out at 239 watts. The rest of the tests hitting high again. At 100 or less 2-6 watts high and over 100 10-19 watts high. For the .18 test it maxed out at 207 watts. For the rest of the testing it was again high. For 100 or less watts 2-14 watts high and over 100 up to 16 watts high. For the .58 testing it maxed out at 92 watts and 7.258 volts. The rest of the testing it was 2-7 watts high. The volts shows there is no boost circuit lin this mod

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was alright. The max specs themselves were impressive but it does hit quite high. Not a major deal and not the first mod to do that but i would have liked a little more accuracy in it. At least it’s consistently high so make note of that when setting your wattage. I’m impressed i was able to get 244 watts from a .1 ohm coil and 239 from a .14 ohm coil as well. It’s a little underrated for watts at 220 watts since i got 244 max with the .1 ohm test. The 7.258 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit and is good enough to justify the 7.5V limit they advertise. They list the amp limit at 50 which i thought would be BS. i’ve seen mods listed before with 50 amps and never get that with a dual battery mod. IIRC the highest i got was like 46. Well i got 49 from this one so i call the 50 accurate and was pretty surprised and impressed by that. Highest dual battery limit i’ve come across so far.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is ok. Hits high all the time. Impressive max specs. Underrated for watts (244), No boost circuit, amp limit 49 which is impressive and close enough to the 50 listed. Volts tested at 7.258 so close so close to the 7.5V listed and no boost circuit.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire and TCR mode set at 00092, I tested 5 builds a single round spaced, a dual round spaced, 1 fancy single coil builds and 2 fancy dual coil builds. The only good thing i can say about the TC on this is you’ll never get a dry hit. Sadly even turning the temp all the way up to the max (600F) produces a very cool vape with little vapor production. It’s a fail for me

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click to turn on and off.. The menu system is a bit old and outdated. It’s identical to the tesla mods like the tesla nano 120 even calling power mode “kanthal” mode. You use 3 clicks to enter “menu mode” where you use up and down to highlight what you want to change on the screen, then press fire to enter adjust mode and use up and down to make your adjustment then press fire to accept. It doesn't have a true menu system.

The mod itself is build solid with no rattle on the buttons, and is pretty heavy. The Battery door is a magnetic backplate. It fits nice with no play on it. It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes 2 18650 batteries. The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and i have no visible wear. They say it has a special injection molding for the paint on an aluminum alloy body for greater wear resistance. The fire button is nice and large and clicky. It’s a colored rectangle with a V engraved in for Vzone. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The screen is a small “DNA sized” screen that is black and white and not very bright. Mine also had a spec of something underneath the plastic plate in front of the screen that bothered me more than it should. Probably a 1 off thing but still worth a mention. I have a pic of it in the album. The mod can handle a 26mm atomizer without overhang and is only limited by it’s small size. The 510 pin is centered. It has most of the modes you will need. Kanthal mode (which is just power mode) with a normal, soft, or hard preheat as well as a user preheat that allows you to do a watt curve in 1 second increments for 10 seconds. It has Temp mode for Ni200, SS316, Ti, as well as TCR with memories.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • unique color options (nice graphics)
  • no button rattle
  • Power mode performance is decent (hits high)
  • nice fire button
  • Accurately rated (a little underrated)
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • nice centered 510 pin
  • symmetrical design
  • watt curve mode
  • great paint job
Cons:
  • temp control performance
  • small dim screen
  • outdated menu system
  • power mode labeled as kanthal mode
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the yes or no, but for this i have to lean a little towards the yes. It’s a no for temp control but as a power driver it does a good job and has some impressive max specs. I have some gripes that make it feel outdated but for someone looking for a simple mod for power mode that is built well and can likely take some damage it’s a pretty good option even if it won’t be making any best of lists. I added it to my sheet as a power mode mod.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

this product can be purchased here for 54.95 https://www.elementvape.com/vzone-graffiti-220w-tc-box-mod

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors