Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wismec Trough Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Wismec Trough Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Wismec Trough Sub Ohm Tank is the latest sub ohm tank from longtime vape manufacturer Wismec. Wismec is part of the joyetech family so has been around a long time, but sadly over the past few years have kicked out a lot of duds and at this point is one of the worse vape manufacturers out there so hopefully this can be the start of a turnaround for them. The Trough is a pretty basic tank these days and uses mesh coils. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and horizontech and uwell so we’ll see if this one can stack up. It’s available in 4 colors Black, SS, Gold, and Rainbow. Looking around online I see it on preorder only in the 25-30 USD range which is pretty standard and seems to ship around mid to late july.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 50 x 30mm
  • Colors: Gold, SIlver, Rainbow, Black
  • 6.5ML E-Juice Capacity
  • All Parts Detachable And Reassembled
  • Large Airflow Slot & Adjustable Airflow Control System
  • Quick Sliding Top-Filling Design
  • 360 Degree Diversion E-Liquid Leading System
  • Wide Bore Drip Tip Included
Included in box:
  • 1 x Trough Sub Ohm Tank
  • 1 x WT01 Single Mesh Coil 0.35ohm
  • 1 x WT02 Dual Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x Spare Parts
Coil Options
  • WT01 Single Mesh Coil, 0.35ohm, 30-50W
  • WT02 Dual Mesh Coil,0.2ohm, 30-70W
  • WT03 Triple Mesh Coil, 0.15ohm, 50-90W
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Wismec Trough Sub Ohm Tank is a pretty standard looking sub ohm tank. If you used any tank in the past 2-3 years it won’t be much of a surprise. It comes with bubble glass only for the standard version with a 6.5ml capacity. I have the Black one and it looks decent. Overall though this type of tank is pretty popular these days so nothing stands out really about it. They offer it in 4 colors so decent color variety.

Features and Functions
The Wismec Trough Sub Ohm Tank uses a Standard 810 resin friction fit drip tip so you can use any of your own. The drip tip does fit good as well. All the threading on this tank is good. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a standard screw in system like most. Works good so no complaints there. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, it uses a slide back to expose the 1 large fill hole. It worked great with no issues for me and is very easy to fill. My only complaint is it has the rubber flapper on it so you need a fine tooth bottle, you can’t just pour it in or use a twist top bottle. Just like the most recent eleaf tank. I got the standard version so it came with 2 bubble glasses only for a nice 6.5ml capacity. It’s listed at 30mm but that’s only at the glass. The base is around 25-26mm like most tanks.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 3 coil options in total and no RBA head. It comes with the WT01 and WT02 coils but not the WT03. They did send me one of those as well so i got to use 1 of each. I wound up running 5 tanks of juice (around 32ml) in each coil because they all severely lacked flavor so it was a chore to vape and wasn’t going to go until they burned out. Also the air is too much and with the WT01 coil i used about 20-25% air open to get a semblance of flavor and for the WT02 and WT03 i had to close it down to about 40% open for that result. Fully wide open was really bad but even the air adjust didn’t help that much. For best coil watt range i found around 45 watts for the WT01, 50 watts for the WT02, and 55 watts for the WT03 coil. So not a lot of difference in the watt ranges and it competes with tanks like the freemax fireluke 2 which doesn't bode well for the trough. Also the coils had to be babied and didn’t wick well at all. The cotton seems way overstuffed you need to give it a few seconds to catch up after taking puffs. Like you can watch a bubble here and there slowly pop up. I also disassembled the WT01 and WT03 coils as you can see in the pics. The WT01 looks gunked up but wasn’t burnt just had no flavor and the cotton was packed in super tight and doesn't feel very absorbent at all either. It’s like thin sheets overpacked in. With the WT03 coil you can see the coils clearly weren’t heating up evenly. That could have been an issue there to throw off results as it could have been a bum coil but it’s a moot point since none of the 3 are good and wismec coils in general have not been good at all over the past few years. Overall it’s not a good performer and wismec really needs to work on making better coils if they want to compete in the tank market.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (4 total)
  • AFC adjustable easily
  • thread quality
  • large capacity (6.5ml with each bubble tank)
  • Nice standard 810 resin drip tip
Cons
  • Watt range is pretty much the same on all 3 coils (no variety)
  • no RBA deck option
  • Fill is only easy with fine tooth bottle due to flap. Can’t pour in juice or use a twist top bottle
  • Really poor coil performance
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one is a pretty easy no. The tank itself is fine overall like most, but also like most tanks it’s going to live or die by it’s coil performance and the coil performance on this is really bad. Even funnier with their included nonsense card giving all 3 coils a 4 to 5 out of 5 rating for flavor “based on factory tests” i’m sorry but whoever is testing these is not good at their job or it’s blatant BS. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wismec

Office Site
Product link here

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors