Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA is the latest RDA from popular vape manufacturer Wotofo. Wotofo has been hit and miss for me, they’ve made some good RDAs like the recurve and nudge 22, but also a lot of overhyped and bad ones like the warrior RDA, troll RTA, and some others, so they are a bit hit and miss IMO. it’s designed in collaboration with Mr Just Right 1 which i have no clue who he is personally and is the follow up of the original profile RDA. The Profile 1.5 RDA is a mesh coil 24mm DTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 6 colors, Black, SS, Gold, Gunmetal, Blue, and Rainbow. Elementvape has them for 32.95 in stock in the US so standard price point.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Outer Diameter
  • 22.5mm Build Deck Diameter
  • Deep Juice Wells
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Dual Clamp Style Build Deck
  • Side Secured via Phillips Screws
  • Grooved Spring-Loaded Ceramic Cotton Support
  • Single Mesh Coil Configuration
  • German PEEK Insulator
  • Adjustable Bored Airflow Control Top Cap - 3 Airflow Settings
  • 810 Resin Low Profile Drip Tip
  • Threaded 510 Squonking BF Pin
Coil Options
  • Wotofo nexMESH Series
  • 0.15ohm nexMESH Chill A1
  • 0.13ohm nexMESH TURBO A1
  • 0.16ohm nexMESH EXTREME A1
Included in box:
  • 1 Wotofo Profile V1.5 RDA
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Extra 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 Bending Tool
  • 1 Accessory Bag
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 1 Cross Head Screwdriver
  • 3 6mm XFiber Cotton Strip
  • 1 0.15ohm nexMESH CHILL A1
  • 1 0.13ohm nexMESH TURBO A1
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA I already knew what to expect. I’ve reviewed the original profile as well as a few other mesh RDAs so it’s nothing new. They include cotton and mesh coils made for the RDA and they kept the spring loaded ceramic block that keeps the cotton pushed up against the mesh. That was a really good idea the original had and that many copied so nice to see it stayed even if it doesn't make a huge difference. Overall though it’s just another mesh RDA that doesn't stand out from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 clamp system with the clamps positioned for vertical insertion instead of horizontal like many. Very similar to the VV mesh RDA deck design except the clamps are raised off the deck. The screws come in from the side so it does work well for flat wire, mesh, and round wire builds but you do need to precut your leads. The Mesh that comes with it is cut to size however and doesn't need any modifications. The post screws are good quality flat head/phillips combo screws so nice improvement there as wotofo has normally used some cheap poor quality screws in lots of RDAs. There is also a cut out on the juice well wall that acts as a place for the top cap to lock in but doubles to add room to get your screwdriver in there to use the post screws. Overall a really nicely designed deck that is pretty much the same as the original profile RDA. Just note that you will need to precut leads for using anything but the included mesh strips that are precut.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your leads to the bottom for traditional coil builds. For Mesh builds this is where it gets cool, there is a spring loaded ceramic block between the posts and this allows the cotton to be pressed against the mesh coil easier so you don’t get dry hits. Very good idea indeed. Overall very easy to wick for mesh coils. Just use a ton of cotton.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Mesh RDA only. I ran 3 builds in this which were the 3 included mesh strips. All are KA1, 1 is a .13 ohm nexmesh turbo, 1 is a .15 ohm nexmesh chill, and 1 is a .16 ohm nexmesh extreme. All are rated at 60-80 watts. I found them all best around 75 and not much of a difference between the 3. If I had to rate them though i’d go turbo, extreme, then chill. With that said, performance flavorwise is very lacking. All mesh will have some muting issues but this RDA mutes even more than the original profile while offering less intensity. Compared to the OG profile this is a pretty noticeable step down performance wise. Overall I’d say I was pretty disappointed in the performance of this RDA and would rather use the original profile as it just performs better.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a standard side airflow RDA with 10 small holes on each side. It’s 2 rows of 5. It’s a pretty airy DTL single coil RDA. You have 2 options when adjusting the air. Either close off both rows at the same time or close off the top row only. It lets you get down to a restricted DTL but really it’s best left wide open for the amount of power and cooling the mesh coils need. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on.

It comes with 2 standard 810 friction fit resin drip tips, 1 low profile one and 1 standard one. I’m glad they included 2 options. There is no 510 adapter though so can't use a 510 on it unless you already have an adapter. The Drip tip fits very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. The quality of the Wotofo Profile 1.5 is overall good. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is somewhat easy to adjust but could have benefitted from some knurling, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The post screws are good quality as well (which has been an issue with them in the past) and 2 spare screws are included (both flat head/phillips combo screws). It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

The juice well is a good size. Considering the height of the air holes with the top cap on i consider it to be pretty large. With the mesh your cotton will take all of it up, but with a regular coil there is spare room as less cotton is needed. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. The side airflow is high enough up that it doesn't cause any issues leaking when dripping or squonking. I used it as a dripper and a squonker and it worked well as both. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. The deck is 22.5mm. Accessory wise, There are plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws,1 allen wrench, 1 screwdriver, 1 coil forming tool, no 510 tip adapter, 3 mesh coils, 3 pieces of cotton, no spare springs, and the 2 drip tips. Good amount of accessories overall. The only thing I feel is missing would be spare springs but not a big deal. The coils do come labeled which is great. All manufacturers should do this. Branding is very simple and nice.

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 810 drip tips (resin and clear)
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • 6 Color Options
  • good quality phillips/flat head combo screws with spares
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • good size juice well
  • good build quality
  • nice looks, not overly branded
  • build deck is excellent and easy to build on
  • Price point (under 35 USD)
  • included coils are clearly labeled and cotton is included
  • spring loaded ceramic plate makes wicking mesh easy
Cons:
  • really best used for mesh (better options for a single coil RDA out there)
  • AFC doesn't need any adjustment anyway
  • no 510 tip adapter
  • should have included spare springs
  • flavor is subpar even for a mesh RDA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans pretty easy towards the no. It’s outperformed by the original profile by quite a bit. If you have the original this is a downgrade and not worth buying. If you don’t, then just buy the original profile RDA if you really want a mesh RDA. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from wotofo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors