Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wotofo Profile Unity RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Wotofo Profile Unity RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Wotofo Profile Unity RTA is the latest RTA from popular vape manufacturer Wotofo. They really don’t need any introduction and have been one of the most popular atomizer makers in vaping for the past 3-4 years. Personally i find them to be hit and miss. They’ve made some good stuff in 2018 like the recurve RDA, profile RDA, and Faris RDTA but also made some stinkers like the Serpent Elevate RTA, Warrior RDA, and Flux Kit. They started off 2019 pretty good as well with the elder dragon RDA. So much like life they are to me a box of chocolates and you never know what you are going to get. The Profile unity RTA is a 25mm diameter mesh coil RTA. It’s available in 6 colors, Black, SS, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Gold, and Blue. Looking around online i see them priced around 30-40 USD so pretty standard RTA price these days and Elementvape has them in the US for 39.95 all colors in stock except gunmetal.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration between MrJustRight1 and TVC
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 3.5mL Standard Juice Capacity
  • 5.0mL Extended Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Spacious Build Deck
  • Wide Clamp Style Ceramic Support
  • Side Secured via Hex Screws
  • Wide Terminals for Larger Builds or Leads
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Single Mesh Coil Configuration
  • Spring-Loaded Ceramic Cotton Support
  • Threaded Top Fill System - Knurled
  • Bi-Level Juice Port Structure
  • nexMesh OFRF - Triple Density Mesh Coil
  • Adjustable Mid Airflow - 4 Bored Holes
  • Vaporization Chamber Concentrates Flavor
  • Detachable Structure
  • 810 Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip
  • Spring Loaded 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, Gold, Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, and Gunmetal
Included in box:
  • 1 Wotofo Profile Unity 25mm Mesh RTA
  • 1 5mL Glass Tube
  • 1 5mL Tube Adapter
  • 1 Bending Tool
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 2 0.13ohm nexMesh Coil
  • 1 6mm Agleted Cotton
  • 1 Bag of Spare Parts
  • 1 User Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RTA it was clear that it wasn’t much different then the Profile RDA which i already reviewed a while back. Same deck, same concept just in an RTA form. Outside of that it’s a pretty standard looking RTA, kind of reminds me a bit of the aromamizer supreme V2 or geekvape blitzen. It looks a lot like the blitzen. Like they took that design and just slapped in the profile deck. Overall though seems like a solid RTA form the start. Nothing major that stands out as amazing or new, but nothing bad either.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s the same as the profile RDA. It’s a 2 clamp system with the clamps positioned for vertical insertion instead of horizontal like many and the clamps are raised off the deck. The screws come in from the side so it does work well for mesh wire which is its purpose. The Mesh that comes with it is cut to size however and doesn't need any modifications. The post screws are good quality flat head/phillips combo screws so nice improvement there as wotofo has normally used some cheap poor quality screws in lots of RDAs. much like the RDA deck it’s a really nicely designed deck that is easy to slap in the premade mesh pieces. They also include a tool to help you shape the mesh which is just a rod i already have the coil master ceramic ones to use so just used my own but nice they included that for those that don’t

Wicking on this one was pretty easy for me personally but remember that there is a learning curve to it since it’s different from wicking non mesh RTAs and mesh coils love a lot of cotton. They included a guide and 2 strips of cotton and simply following the guide which means sliding the cotton through, then cutting it on a downward 45 degree angle then stuffing it in the holes. I also did some fluffing of it personally prior to tucking it in then retrimming after i fluffed it as their cotton comes way too tightly packed and doing all that worked great for me and no dry hits and was able to chain vape easily. So overall i’d say most experienced builders should have no issue adapting to it, however new builds may find it troublesome and objectively probably more difficult than wicking a non mesh RTA

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a mesh RTA only with the included OFRF nexMESH which are kanthal .13 ohm mesh strips rated at 60-75 watts. The rating is pretty good i found it best at the 65-70 range myself personally and with 1 air hole closed off. With that said, flavorwise it’s just ok. It’s not bad and mind you i haven’t had any other mesh RTAs to compare it with so have to compare it to other RTAs in a similar watt range and in those cases the flavor is decent at best. At 65-70 watts you are in massive single coil range and running that in say a crius 2, pharaoh, pharoah mini, centaur, etc will blow this out of the water flavorwise with probably a little less watts and juice usage. Even running a dual coil 70 watt build in say a lotus or mage 2019 is going to be much much better. It definitely mutes out some notes of juices but the intensity is pretty good. Overall it’s a below average performer as a 60-70 watt RTA.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side RTA. It has 5 decent sized holes on each side and can be closed off 1 at a time. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod despite being smooth with no grip. Very well done. The air is pretty smooth and not loud at all and It doesn't really get any worse when turned down and no whistle on any setting so well done with that. You can adjust from a pretty airy DTL vape to a restricted DTL vape but with the included mesh and it’s watt needs fully open or 4 out of 5 open is best. If you go lower than that it makes the flavor worse with not enough air. The top fill is your standard screw off the top fill which is my favorite kind, and even better it’s not a full screw off but one of those quarter turn to pop off designs. Very happy with that personally and good threading.

The fill holes however are kind of thin and recessed. It’s easy to fill with a fine tooth bottle, but using a twist open bottle or trying to just pour from a glass bottle won’t work well due to the thinness of the holes and being recessed. It’ll wind up with some going into the chamber trying to do that, so stick with fine point bottles only. I wish they made the fill holes a little wider. I’ll ding them for that. My other complaint I have is you can’t install the base into the RTA when it’s on a build meter. It just free spins. You have to take it off the meter and install the base with the RAT upside down and screw the base into the body instead of being able to screw the body into the base. It’s not a huge deal but I will ding them for that. Personally when i build after i build and wick i leave the base on my meter and install the body over my atomizer and check resistance to make sure nothing is shorting. In this case i had to take the base off and install it then put it back on the meter.

There is a good amount of accessories that come with it, mine came with a standard 810 red resin friction fit drip tip which isn’t wide bored and instead kind of thick. Looks inspired by the drip tips i used for my mjölnir RDA for people looking for that style. Sadly though no 510 adapter, no 2nd tip. I wish they included an extra tip and a 510 adapter. The drip tips fit nice. Not too snug but not too loose and you should be able to use most of your own tips 810. Mine came with 2 tanks as well, a 3.5ml and a 5ml one. Both are straight glass and not bubble, and to use the 5ml tank you need to use an included adapter to raise the height of the RTA to accommodate it. The 3.5ml capacity is a little low for a mesh RTA as it does eat juice up fast, but the 5ml capacity is pretty good. Also included is plenty of extra o-rings, 2 spare post screws (same as the preinstalled pair), 1 screwdriver, 1 coil rod, and 2 mesh coils with cotton. Everything you’d expect from an RTA accessory wise outside of the extra drip tip and 510 adapter. The coils are also clearly labeled as Kanthal A1 mesh coils, .13 ohms, 60-75 watts each so great job with that. Branding is nice and simple. Just the word profile etched in a matching color between the airflows so very inconspicuous. Nicely done there.

Pros:
  • 5ml and 3.5ml capacity options included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws
  • good quality post screws
  • nice smooth AFC
  • Simple twist off top fill design
  • Good build quality
  • color options (6 total)
  • included clearly labeled coils and cotton
  • nice standard 810 resin drip tip
  • smooth and quiet airflow
Cons:
  • flavor is just decent for a 70 watt RTA
  • learning curve on wicking
  • no spare drip tip or 510 adapter
  • can’t screw together while on a build meter
  • fill holes are too thin
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA or not? I’m going to put this one at 50/50 because if you do for whatever reason really want a mesh RTA overall it’s a good one but i can’t recommend it outside of that. With the wattage demands and the amount of juice it drinks there is no payout for it in flavor/performance. I can get much better flavor with less watts and less juice consumed from a really good single coil RTA or at the same wattage in some dual coil RTAs way better flavor as well so not really sure who benefits from this RTA. It mostly to me feels like i’m just burning through juice for no reason when i can get better flavor at less watts (better battery life) and burn though less juice while doing so. I wouldn’t personally see myself reaching to use this RTA but doesn't mean it’s bad, it’s just that mesh itself isn’t that good for rebuildables these days performance wise. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wotofo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors