Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wotofo STNG MTL RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wotofo STNG MTL RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Wotofo STNG MTL RDA is the latest RDA from Popular Vape manufacturer Wotofo. I’ve reviewed quite a few of their products to date and they have been hit and miss for the most part. They’ve made some good Attys like the Recurve, Profile, Elder Dragon, Faris, and Profile Unity, but also had some stinkers like the Recurve Dual, Warrior, and Serpent Elevate. The STNG RDA was co-designed with youtuber reviewer Uncle Stas who i’ve never heard of but is apparently popular in russia and is a single coil 22mm MTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 6 colors, Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue and SS. Looking around online I see it priced around 35 bucks on a few china sites and in stock already, which is the same price you can order off their official site directly as well.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • RDA Type: MTL RDA
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • Coil Configuration: Single Coil
  • Wattage Range: 5-30W
  • Overall Height: 43.15mm (with drip tip and 510 pin)
  • Threading: 510 Thread
  • Body Material: Stainless Steel
  • Juice Feeding Method: Drip / Squonk
  • Insulator Material: German PEEK
Included in box:
  • 1pc STNG MTL RDA
  • 1pc Dual Core Fused Clapton Coil
  • 1pc Single-Strand Coil
  • 1pc User Manual
  • 1pc Extra Drip Tip
  • 1pc Cross Head Screwdriver
  • 1pc Allen Key
  • 1pc Cotton Strip
  • 1bag O-rings
Included Coil Specs
1. Dual Core Fused Clapton Coil
  • Recommended for normal nicotine vaping
  • Material: Ni80 30G*2+38G
  • Resistance: 0.75ohm
  • Inner Diameter: 2.5mm
  • Number of Wraps: 6 wraps
2. Single-Strand Coil
  • Recommended for nic salts vaping
  • Material: Ni80 28G
  • Resistance: 1.2ohm
  • Inner Diameter: 2.5mm
  • Number of Wraps: 9 wraps
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA I liked the design of it. Not many MTL RDAs have come out this year. Only a few as most have been RTAs. Only one in recent memory I can think of is the vandy vape one which was awful. This one kept it simple with a nice deck, a basic airflow and clean design.

Build Deck and Wicking
Let’s talk about the build deck now. While it seems many of the new MTL RTAs are using an old school screw head style deck, the STNG takes a book out of the pharaoh RDA (and subsequent pharaohs) going with the spring loaded clamp style deck. You have to wrap your coils with lead in opposite directions but it’s really easy to use and install and very beginner friendly. One of the best designed build decks to date still for a single coil atomizer. The post screws are phillips which I’m not a big fan of but the quality good so no complaints there. It comes with a pair of spare screws which are also phillips.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy. Not much of a juice well but just drop them in the channels for the cotton and it’s no issues. Not much to talk about when wicking an RDA

Performance and Airflow
It’s a bottom airflow RDA with 2 small holes on the inside under the coil So a “pig snout” airflow, and for the intake hole there is only 1 on one side that you can adjust from the outside by snipping the whole top cap. There is only 1 hole size but the cap has a “teardrop” shaped airflow kind of like a much smaller version of what we’ve seen on the apocalypse RDA. It doesn't offer a ton of adjustment this way but it can go from a tight MTL if you close off the airhole completely to a loose MTL with only a little of the airhole showing to a restricted DTL vape. So good enough options with 3 solid levels of air. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper and very easy to adjust.

Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RDA only obviously. It’s made for smaller coils but has plenty of room to go 3mm ID or even bigger, but since it’s MTL 3mm is probably the biggest you’d want to go. It works really well in the 2-3mm ID range. Flavor for MTL is solid. Not necessarily the best but one of the best for MTL RDAs and much better than the one vandy vape released earlier this year so as far as RDAs that are new and easy to find for MTL it’s a great option flavorwise.

Misc Information
The top cap does lock into place and it makes it very easy to screw on and off your mod. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on. I tried it as a dripper and squonker. It’s not a good dripper, there really isn’t a juice well and the drip tips are too tight to drip down them. You have to pop the top and paint the coil every time if you want to drip. It works much better as a squonker and squonked great for me with no leak issues or anything.

It comes with 2 standard 510 o-ringed fit delrin drip tips. The Drip tips both fit good and you can use any of your own as well. The quality on the STNG MTL RDA is overall good. The AFC is easy to adjust, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The post screws are good quality and 2 spare screws are included (all Phillips screws). I just wish the spare set offered another option like flat head or hex. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

It’s a 22mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. Accessory wise, There is a couple of spare o-rings, 2 spare springs, 2 spare post screws, 1 allen wrench, 1 extra 510 tip, a screwdriver, 2 coils and some cotton. Great amount of accessories overall and pretty much everything you can include for a RDA like this. The also clearly label both coils on the package and I also have those specs listed above in my review. Branding is pretty simple. Nothing too crazy. There is an engraved “STNG” on one side but it’s in a matching color so doesn't stand out too much and looks good. Well done there.

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 510 o-ring drip tips (both delrin)
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • spare o-rings
  • post screw quality is good
  • Good over squonk protection
  • good flavor for MTL
  • good build quality
  • good easy to adjust AFC
  • good airflow options
  • nice looks, not overly branded
  • Price point (around 35 USD)
  • cotton and clearly labeled coils included
  • color options (6 total)
  • excellent easy to use build deck
Cons:
  • not good as a dripper
  • should have included some non phillips screw options
  • no juice well really
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans towards the yes. As long as you aren’t planning to use it as a dripper it’s a great squonking MTL RDA overall with a great build deck and readily available. I’ll be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wotofo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors