Become a Patron!

Any 808 questions out there?? I know you still use them, I do...

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been using all the different types of tanks, clearo etc since I started and still use them all. Any of you new people or just plain happy to have anything have any questions or suggestions for other users of these older but still used equipment???
ask or offer your tips etc...

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I modify and rebuild my Nautilus coils... = long lasting, cool, flavorful, all day vapes.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
learning how to do that. it has to be better than the stock coils, I feel.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! An 808 thread... Cool.
I started vaping with a crappy Mistic cigalike kit from Walmart but paying $16.00 for a 5 pack of prefilled cartos got real old real quick so I bought an 808 battery and a couple of blank cartos from V4L and thought I was King Turd of Sh*t Hill. A couple of weeks later, my fiancee ordered me a 260mah XL battery from them and I thought it was embarrassing. Seriously... it was huge! It was a full 3/4 of an inch longer than my 180mah batt! I was ashamed to be seen with it!!!
Jeez, how times have changed.
I have an original 26650 BAM, 20 or so 18650 mods, a VTR and a couple of MVP 2s. The smallest things I own are a couple of 1600mah Spinner 2s.
Just for kicks, I dug out my hideously over-sized 808 a few months back and got it set up with a new carto, took a hit to make sure it worked and popped it into the front pocket of my jeans. Nine hours later I remembered it was in there. Seriously. It's so small compared to what I'm used to now that I forgot I had it with me.
I did a little bit of math on it and it turns out I was running 3.41 watts!!! (3.2 volts and a 3 ohm carto)
Can that even be considered vaping?
It brought back some fond memories but it really made me appreciate how far vaping world has come in the past few years.
Long live the 808s, if for no other reason than to remind me that today's latest and greatest WHATEVER is going to be old news in the blink of an eye.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
808 an vGo is what got me off the stinkies. Started with V2 then went to Smokeless Image and Halo. Used them for a year before graduating. All of my stuff is gone now.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found that most of us started with those old 808 starter packs from various venders. I still use my old 808 VGOs to this day amoung other batteries... never waste old equipment, use it or PIF, I always say. just don't use them as much as i use to.

VU Sponsors