Become a Patron!

Any Beer Drinkers Out There?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have really gotten into different beers lately. I know a lot of people have, so if so post your favorites, worst and anything interesting you may have tried.

I figure this thread is ok in non vape, if it is in the wrong section or if we cant have a beer drinking thread feel free to move it or remove it.

cheers

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just bought some assorted beers. One was New Amsterdam Dragons Milk. It is strong coming in at a whooping 11%. It is a chocolate and vanilla blended bit of goodness. Also on deck is some seasonal winter/Christmas brews. Haven't got to them yet.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought some assorted beers. One was New Amsterdam Dragons Milk. It is strong coming in at a whooping 11%. It is a chocolate and vanilla blended bit of goodness. Also on deck is some seasonal winter/Christmas brews. Haven't got to them yet.
Tried this one when I was in Milwaukee a month or two ago. I believe the bar was Bourbon & Tunns. Cool joint, great beers and spirits. :)

A must holiday beer is St. Bernardus Christmas Ale. Try it!!! 10% I believe.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA, can't get enough of it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any Beer Drinkers Out There?

I think i can handle this one , (and i could be way off with this so don't hold me to it ) but i would have to lean toward "yes" on that question.

Just a feeling but i'm thinking my chances on getting this right is a little better than average . My answer only applies if you count ALL the members of the Vaping Underground though .

Busting your balls , didn't even know if this was a serious question or not lol.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My go to is just good old fashioned Genesee.

But I do enjoy Guinness Stout.

Recently I tried something called Bumbleberry Lager. Really nice and you can actually taste berries in it.

But now I am searching for a brand of hard cider that taste the same as one I fell in love with in France and England. It was about 12% alcohol and came in a 2 Liter bottle for about $4. Nice and crisp with a dry finish and was great served over ice.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Recently I tried something called Bumbleberry Lager. Really nice and you can actually taste berries in it.

But now I am searching for a brand of hard cider that taste the same as one I fell in love with in France and England. It was about 12% alcohol and came in a 2 Liter bottle for about $4. Nice and crisp with a dry finish and was great served over ice.
My brother @MikeSully is quite the hard cider connoisseur. Perhaps he can help you out RJ.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have really gotten into different beers lately. I know a lot of people have, so if so post your favorites, worst and anything interesting you may have tried.

You can find a lot of the beers I've tried and liked in this thead: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-and-beer.11897/. A lot of that thread documents my adventures in beer-drinking and vaping :) I quit posting there because I figured not many people were interested though.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Last week my wife and I were visiting family in Ohio, and I got hooked on a nice porter by the Great Lakes Brewing Company called Edmund Fitzgerald.

I've had many of their beers. They are not located to far from me, but I've never been up there. Their Halloween beer they put out is tasty. They have a good Porter if you're into them. Raging Bitch IPA is one I had not to long ago. It isn't from great lakes, but if you like a Belgian IPA it is pretty stellar. Heavy grapefruit notes though, so it isn't for everyone.

I had some of Sam Adams Christmas brew and it was pretty good. Well, if you like spices. I am pretty sure they are nation wide.

That is the only bummer about these beers,what I can get in Ohio isn't always available 3 states away. Stuff I hear is good isn't always available here.

I do like a good hard cider as well. There was a company years ago that made a good hard cider. It was a black bottle and just had a red K on the label. I could only get it at the one store and I haven't seen it in years. I usually just do angry orchard or woodys granny smith. when I'm in the mood for it now a days.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can find a lot of the beers I've tried and liked in this thead: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-and-beer.11897/. A lot of that thread documents my adventures in beer-drinking and vaping :) I quit posting there because I figured not many people were interested though.

I was a little hesitant to post this thread. I didn't think there would be either. A lot of people I know would know a good beer if you broke the bottle over their head. Budweiser, miller, PBR and the like have their place I guess. When beer is made by small companies that have a love for beer it shows. When they give it love and attention quality, appearance and flavor are evidence.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had many of their beers. They are not located to far from me, but I've never been up there. Their Halloween beer they put out is tasty.
That is the only bummer about these beers,what I can get in Ohio isn't always available 3 states away. Stuff I hear is good isn't always available here.

Yeah. My brother runs a restaurant on one of the islands and has more than a few complaints in that department. I'm hoping the Great Lakes stuff will eventually arrive in Georgia; only time will tell.

We stopped in at the Westside Market while we were in Cleveland; there were several vendors with Great Lakes Christmas Ale bacon, and we just couldn't pass it up. It was some of the best bacon I've ever had. You couldn't really pick out the Christmas Ale, but it added a lot to the overall flavor.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forget the name of the one I just bought.. but Trader Joe's has a great selection of beers - i've been trying a different brand each time I go food shopping.. I'm not into the dark beer/lagers, so it's usually a pale ale/IPA type blends that I end up getting.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forget the name of the one I just bought.. but Trader Joe's has a great selection of beers - i've been trying a different brand each time I go food shopping.. I'm not into the dark beer/lagers, so it's usually a pale ale/IPA type blends that I end up getting.
I'm not a fan of IPAs, and in the past I didn't care for dark beers either. I was, sadly, all about the Budweiser. After meeting Mr. Yuengling a while back, I started to branch out into more and more flavorful beers. After a couple of years, I'm finally starting to appreciate stouts :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a fan of IPAs, and in the past I didn't care for dark beers either. I was, sadly, all about the Budweiser. After meeting Mr. Yuengling a while back, I started to branch out into more and more flavorful beers. After a couple of years, I'm finally starting to appreciate stouts :)

as corny as it sounds.. I've always been a Corona drinker - always keep Pacifico's and Red Stripes stocked in the fridge.. I'm not a huge beer drinker so I don't require anything fancy lol..

Oh and the beer I got from TJ's is called Tarnation - not sure the maker of it though..

D

Donald Bickers

Rahr brewery in Ft Worth Texas has several good craft beers,their average %age is between 6 and 9,,,havent tried any of theirs I didn't like
MnJX8f3.jpg

Rhar & Sons,,, oops my bad

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a couple left from my mixed6er from last night. One is 13 dogs Christmas. I'm looking forward to that one. I can't remember the other one.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

@UncleRJ Sounds very much like Strongbow (crisp, dry, over ice)- except in ABV and bottle size. Was it carbonated like most ciders, or more like Applejack, or Berenzens Apple? With an ABV of 12%, it actually comes close to some of these 30 proof apple liqueurs. Not sure on this one. Hmph.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It was carbonated. And my memory of the Alcohol content may be a little foggy due to how long ago I had it and the fact that I was drinking two liter bottles of the stuff at the time!

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It was carbonated. And my memory of the Alcohol content may be a little foggy due to how long ago I had it and the fact that I was drinking two liter bottles of the stuff at the time!
@UncleRJ Have you had StrongBow? If not this is a good place to start. May have been packaged and priced differently for its native England. One of may favorite ciders. Today's popular ciders are too sweet I find.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Strongbow is first on my list to try.

And I am with you. The mass produced ciders are a bit too sweet for my liking as well.

Im an avid beer enthusiast and was actually just think about beer and vape flavor pairings, maybe even to the extent of having a vape friendly brewpub, with great vape - beer pairing suggestions. Concept? Genius? Or waste of idea?

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I being cheap, love me some Rolling Rock, or PBR. But if the finances allow I do pick up some Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard, or Levitation. But I do enjoy a #9, Old #38, and Busch on occasion.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My go to is ninkasi total domination. Its a ipa, 6.2%. Being near the land of craft brews, Washington state, The nw is currently flooded with crafts.
The domestic section is getting smaller and smaller, and the "other" is getting larger and larger.
Other s I enjoy--- new Belgium ranger, pike street ipa, stone arrogant bastard, hoppy bitch, Ninkasi sleigher(seasonal, so get some).
In Olympia, there is a beer market (called beer market), and there is no macro's there, just micros. The pricing is a tad high, but When I need a change of pace, that's my place to grab a mixed 6er
A lot of the after taste has to do with the hops used, That hoppy bitch uses Columbus hops, a hint of citrus somehow. I had thought citrus was just another ingredient, but Ive been hunting down other ipa's that use Columbus hops in production, and same after taste.
After my wallet heals from Christmas, Im going to start making my own. I always wanted to do this, and since finding differences in hops, That pushed me over.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have MT pocket due to holidays and what not, so no beer for me :-( I did try Thirsty digs Christmas release and it was tasty, if youre into spiced seasonal beers.

I found a way to beat the 15$ A 4 pack on dragons milk. The grocery store I go to has a crap load of bottles in the beer section to mix your own 6 pack for 10.99 you can get 4 dragons milk and try 2 you haven't had yet for $11. Can't beat that with a stick.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely!

The beer that is always in my fridge is Bass Ale. In order of preference, I also drink Harp, Guinness, Bellhaven Scottish Ale, and Smithwicks. After that, its rum. All rum. English Harbor 5 yr is da bomb.

Homey don do American beers.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't drink much beer these days, but when I do, its Newcastle Brown Ale....love me some Newkies. I prefer whiskey.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
95ed503df13501c62e959037173ffc66.jpg

7a24ddb10a487db9357d22d23e078ccc.jpg

RAGING BITCH!!!!!!!

8.3% so watch your self. Very hoppy, very carbonated and heavy citrus. Hard core grapefruit up front. Not bitter, but nor sweet by any means. I have drank a lot of IPA lately. This and founders centennial IPA are at the top of my list. Sam Adams IPA and founders everyday IPA are up there too. I will tell you that two feels like four and a 6pk will rival drinking a 12pk of your average beer like Youngling or the like. So if you want one good beer to chill this is a good one, if you want to fly away a 6pk will do it.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lamme, if you get a chance, try some Dogfish Head 90. It's an IPA that's considered one of the best IPA's on the market. It's a local beer for me, but most people that enjoy craft beers know it. Lately, I have been enjoying Old Dominion Brewery, Double D. As the name would imply, it a double hopped IPA. It's a great time to be a beer lover with about every town in the union having a brewery.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
95ed503df13501c62e959037173ffc66.jpg

7a24ddb10a487db9357d22d23e078ccc.jpg

RAGING BITCH!!!!!!!

8.3% so watch your self. Very hoppy, very carbonated and heavy citrus. Hard core grapefruit up front. Not bitter, but nor sweet by any means. I have drank a lot of IPA lately. This and founders centennial IPA are at the top of my list. Sam Adams IPA and founders everyday IPA are up there too. I will tell you that two feels like four and a 6pk will rival drinking a 12pk of your average beer like Youngling or the like. So if you want one good beer to chill this is a good one, if you want to fly away a 6pk will do it.
Great beer but your drinking it out of the wrong glass. That glass is more for a quad, triple, strong ale ect... I'm spoiled because wewe make our own mashes and bills. We make some very tasty beers!! In the middle of getting the approval for a brew pub at the moment. Bringing in a brew master to mass produce our small batch brews

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beers of choice now would be anything from Sly Fox brewery or Hardwood brewery. They take the time to extend on flavor and complexity. Only saying these two for mass distribution. To many options for good smaller brewers right now. I could go on forever!!!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will look for some dog fish. The issue we run ito as beer lovers is the fact that most of these companies are local or small time breweries. That is what makes their beer so good, but it is also the beer lovers down fall. Many people like Great Lakes Brewery. Though I've never been there, it is an hour away. For someone I'm Cali, well it may as well be Rome. We love in different areas and many of the craft beers are only available in the state it is made or the handfuls of states that touch the state it is made. I want heavy topper so bad, well, I will never be in the state it is made. Therefore, I will more than likely never have it. We are limited to our state and location as far as many craft breweries go, but damn if there beers are not worth finding.

My main you can find it anywhere beer I recommend is Sam Adams in any variation. It is affordable, available everywhere and you can not really go wrong. As far as craft beers go. If someone tells you about a great beer, well, ahhhh, hope you live in the area. I started this thread for that reason. Brings vapers and beer lovers together and people around the people that post reviews will know who has a good beer. The best part of vaping is that my non filters went with any beer, but as a vaper and non smoker who DIYs I can mix and cater a juice that pairs with the beer I am drinking. One of the many perks of giving up the stinkys.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being in California I really envy you! So many great beers come out of your state it's unbelievable! For mass produced and consistency, Steam anchor and Laguinta make great beers and are always on my look out.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most the beers I like are from PA and Michigan. Founders is a Michagan brewery and about everything the brew is gold. Their breakfast stout is amazing. The only bad thong about it is that it cost 15.99 for a 4pk. The grocery store my my place ahad a big selection and a mix your own 6pk for 10.99. You just pick 6 from that cooler. If it is in there you can get it.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is fast becoming, or has become, the beer capitol of the U.S. is Asheville, NC. It is incredible there. It's a whole city of micro breweries... and as you said lamme, a lot of them do not bottle or export. So if u want a pint, you gotta go there.

I have been into quality beers since the 80's. At that time about the only brew of quality came from Germany or the Monks. It's just a great time for people who love quality brews.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Breakfast Stout is good and talking about Michigan, anything from Bells is worth buying as well. Here in Va BS is $10.99 a 4pk. Guess it's all about location. Another in Michigan is Nww

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Breakfast Stout is good and talking about Michigan, anything from Bells is worth buying as well. Here in Va BS is $10.99 a 4pk. Guess it's all about location. Another in Michigan is Nww

I've never had anything from Bells, but I have heard a lot of good things about it.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
c5894fcc6b265db14b27d47e914d7c49.jpg

What I'm sipping on tonight. Another good beer from Michigan:)

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know what happened to my other post, half of it is missing lol

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never had anything from Bells, but I have heard a lot of good things about it.
I use to do a lot of work in Michigan, especially around the Kalamazoo area. Funniest thing about the owner of Bells is he is a liquor drinker. I'm referring to 15 years ago. I use to attend the same establishment as the owner quite often and I've never seen him with a beer in his hand. Naturally he had more money than me so the dancers were at his table lol

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cool story. No beer for me tonight, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. have a good one, frost.

peace out,

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't get it. Founders iPad are 10.99 a 6pk. Their 4pks are 15.99. Any thing from Kentucky brewery istje same way. I love dragons milk, but I will not pay 15-16 for a 4pk of anything.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shit, I don't blame you. Craft beer prices are definitely getting out of hand. 6pk that cost $6.99 five years ago is $10.99+ now. Ridiculous!! I love trying new beers but the cost makes people standoffish. I hate paying more than $9 a 6pk. Certain occasions roll around, I splurge and pick up some of the more expensive brews to try for a one time deal just to say I tried it but it will put you in the poor house fast buying $12-16 six packs. Not saying that beer is not worth the asking price but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Flying dog makes some great beers and one of my favorites from them is there oyster stout. Would never turn one down lol

I brew a hard cider, among other various and sundry alcoholic beverages, That comes in around 9.6-9.8% I use Champagne Yeast to ferment and dextrose to prime the bottles. The cider comes out quite dry and after mellowing has a beautiful golden color and a sharp bite on the front end and a dry crisp finish. Also left hand Milk Stout is phenominal.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New Belgium Portage is on the menu tonight. Happy VD to all the beer drinkers out there

VU Sponsors