Become a Patron!

Any ideas

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hubby wants to quit smoking. He has voiced concerns about not using blu cigalikes cuz they don't give the throat hit he wants( yes he has tried them). He also has told me that he usually likes a smoke hanging out of his mouth while he works. So my question is...is there a vaping mod that is draw activated that can hit the throat like my itaste svd? or should he learn how to build and figure it out?

Any ideas or advice is welcome. Thank you!

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know the vapor Zeus I think its called has the automatic switch in some of them. Im pretty sure anyways. It looks like a cigar.. Its a 5v and a little bigger than a cig-a-like. It has a nice squishy tip, might be able to get by with it hanging out while he works.. just an idea..

Hopefully he is willing to change his habits and find something that works well enough to put down the stinkies...

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am hoping as well...Now that I have quit the smell of them is making me sick! I keep showing him mods at a B&M but he always says the same thing...to big or not draw activated....

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a thought... why not use both until he can adjust his habits? The Blu can get him through shifts, and then something bigger when he's on break or at home? I know it took a lot of fiddling before I was ready to quit smoking for good. Just gotta find what works for him.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He wont even consider the blu. He used them before and hated them. Said they werent good enough. I just think he is being stubborn as all hell about it...and it is kinda making me crazy! LOL

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For something that's going to give a better TH than a Blue, your no doubt going to need something with a slightly bigger battery. That being said look into ego's for a start, he will have trouble letting it hang from his mouth because its heavier than a Blue type E-cig. But look into all different options out there, there are loads of ideas:)

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking of getting him an e-pipe....it might be light enough to hang from his mouth? Once I can afford it of course. He said the ego was "ok" but didn't hit like my itaste svd...he likes the TH on that one....and I have explained to him that he won't be able to hold something in his mouth unless he chews on a carrot or toothpick....since the batteries make them heavier....

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been leaning towards that one for him for a while...just haven't had the money for it...*sigh* bills and life suck!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
IMHO, he needs to meet the vaping world half way.

As far as an E-Pipe hanging out of his teeth, If he wasn't the dude that played "Jaws" in the James Bond movies, it ain't going to work.

crooklyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone try those Bosslifecigars? They look like draw activated.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To be honest with you for about a year before I started to vape I had pretty much the same excuses.... I teach so I didn't want a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, ;) But to be honest at that point, while I was ashamed to be a smoker, I only wanted to quit for those around me.

Even when I was ready to quit, I started with an ego and laughed about those bigger devices, I remember saying when I saw the MVP, no freaking way do I want that! I too now get sick when I am near a smoker, so I feel for ya. I did have a lady tell me that the variable devices would allow me to get a better hit in addition to the flavor. Fast forward a year and I own 2 MVPS and just ordered the Hana clone by Clouper. So my advice, be supportive of him! That really helped me. There was not a day that went by that my 16 year old did not compliment me on everything from how I a smelled to how happy she was that mom would be around longer!

With my husband, he never once bitched at me even though I knew he hated it, and bought me whatever I needed, including when my first ego broke, drove to every gas station in town, and was ready to go out of town to find me a replacement (of course paid a crazy price but found me one that night)

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i never could stand doing anything with a stinkie hanging out of my mouth. the smoke always wafted right up into my eyes and hurt!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back in 2009, the draw activated ecig equip was prone to failure. I started with 901 with vacuum switch and quickly switched to pushbutton, after having the vacuum switch gunk up and die on several batteries. Hopefully the draw activated equipment has improved since then. If he wants his equip always at hand, there are lanyards available for ecigs and I've seen many people wearing them.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will mention all this to him....I just switched to a late shift for work and we are barely seeing each other right now....Thank you all for your suggestions and advice!

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We started with the V2ecigs kits the larger batteries that have the automatic draw. They worked great. We have since moved on to bigger and better. But these were great and got us of the cigs. We used them for about 2 weeks before getting egos with a lanyard for work.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will have him look into that too....I have moved to a new job and now I am educating a whole new group! Even helping another dood who is using cigalike learn his next step...it is a good feeling....

1truk

Member For 4 Years
I wish you and your husband the best of luck on your quest to stop smoking. All of us here have different stories, needs, experiences, likes and dislikes with regard to vaping. You have a real conundrum with your hubbies requirements. Hard hitting cig-alike that hangs from the lip is not an easy requirement. I totally agree with UncleRJ that you may not be able to find an E-Pipe that will work as I've yet to see one that does not require you to hold it. There are some cig-alikes out there that would probably work for him but they almost all suffer from one common issue. To date there are none that I am aware of that will produce enough battery to last long enough to justify the expense. Some of them will provide a really nice vape with a good throat hit if you can get cartos with a high enough Nic level, however it seems that after just 5 or 6 good pulls the battery is already starting to drain on you.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hubby wants to quit smoking. He has voiced concerns about not using blu cigalikes cuz they don't give the throat hit he wants( yes he has tried them). He also has told me that he usually likes a smoke hanging out of his mouth while he works. So my question is...is there a vaping mod that is draw activated that can hit the throat like my itaste svd? or should he learn how to build and figure it out?

Any ideas or advice is welcome. Thank you!

The blu cigs are junk I started with the (mini cigs) and they didn't do much for flavor or throat hit, which is why I'm guessing he's not satisfied. Have you looked into the Smok Aro 1500 VV? It's a small stout battery loaded with power, match it with a good tank (wide selection) too many to list, and high nicotine concentration and he should be set. Hits better than the SVD, small, compact and easy to carry. He can let it hang out of his mouth and get the hit he's looking for. He can be the vaping Marlboro man with with an e-cig hanging out of his mouth and grace our billboards:D

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
look for "automatic ego 1300" they are in my Saipu wholesale book. With a couple of those and acrylic tips on mini kanger v2 or the big $ aspire bvc mini. And he is going to need a dang good nic hit to satisfy. +36 mg/ml was what i needed like 72mg/ml actually. I was 80 cigs a day dead. I did it.

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The blu cigs are junk I started with the (mini cigs) and they didn't do much for flavor or throat hit, which is why I'm guessing he's not satisfied. Have you looked into the Smok Aro 1500 VV? It's a small stout battery loaded with power, match it with a good tank (wide selection) too many to list, and high nicotine concentration and he should be set. Hits better than the SVD, small, compact and easy to carry. He can let it hang out of his mouth and get the hit he's looking for. He can be the vaping Marlboro man with with an e-cig hanging out of his mouth and grace our billboards:D
that beast is not button friendly to tradesmen and charge time is 10+ hours on mine.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
look for "automatic ego 1300" they are in my Saipu wholesale book. With a couple of those and acrylic tips on mini kanger v2 or the big $ aspire bvc mini. And he is going to need a dang good nic hit to satisfy. +36 mg/ml was what i needed like 72mg/ml actually. I was 80 cigs a day dead. I did it.

Oh my...4 packs a day? And you're still with us. You must have an angel looking over your shoulder. I would have been long decomposed. I did 1.5 to 2 at the most. I vape 18 or 24 but still get decent hit at 18. Working on going lower to about 12, 36 is WAY WAY WAY too high for me....

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I think he is just dealing with my svd. I just got myself an mvp 2.0 and gave him the svd to use. So far since he is now out of stinkies he has been vaping my key lime 24 mg and doing ok ...maybe MAYBE he will not go back to them...I think when I get paid I going to see what juice he likes and keep supporting him quitting!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I think he is just dealing with my svd. I just got myself an mvp 2.0 and gave him the svd to use. So far since he is now out of stinkies he has been vaping my key lime 24 mg and doing ok ...maybe MAYBE he will not go back to them...I think when I get paid I going to see what juice he likes and keep supporting him quitting!

Glad to hear things are going well:) It will take him a while and he'll probably have setbacks which is normal and to be expected. Your support will have a strong psychological effect and that alone will be a motivator and inspiration to quit. 24mg is good starting point, he can work down from there. Get quality juice with higher PG say 70/30 or 80/20 and that should work out well. Best to you......

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Dissonance! I am supporting 4 vapors right now but it is worth it!

It's always worth it when you factor in the costs of medical bills associated with emphysema, lung cancer and never seeing your loved ones again. You can ALWAYS find good products at reasonable prices. I have met plenty of vapors at local hangouts, community events and conventions that help others who are struggling with monies. The forums are great places to barter or get free stuff if you need them as well.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can always get empty cartridges for the cigalikes and fill them with a high nic juices that he likes. The battery life sucks on them, but I use them at work sometimes for the convenience.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I try I try...I am a PIF'ing a lot lately as well...gotta help out others!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
E-Pipes are quite heavy. Think-18350 wood mod+clearo+long drip tip+all the wood around the battery bit. That is quite a bit of end-heavy kit to dangle from ones gob.

VU Sponsors