Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by VapeInTheHood, Oct 30, 2017.
Any mod like Asvape Michael Devil's Night? it looks really good and i want to buy a mod like this .
Why not get that one?
I have the Asvape Michael in the Stabwood edition- but the Devils Night and the Walking Dead are interesting too- why not just get the Michael?
Great mod! Love the Asvape Cobra tanks too!
Just checking my email an this popped up from eightvape
$69.99 is an excellent price!
Got mine through today really nice
OMG, I've wanted one of these forever but cringed at the price tag - I'm so cheap - LOL!! That is a VERY nice price!
I paid $74 for the walking dead edition mod in early October from Fastech. I am still waiting for it to arrive. $70 from a US based shipper is a good price.
Upgraded the firmware last night and put on my own logo ....what a pain in the ass that was!!!!
The latest firmware on Asvapes website is in a rar file not a normal zip ...which is a crap unless you have additional software like winrar
Best place to do the the update is ignore the instruction booklet because it’s naff
Go to (no idea if this is ok for Mac as well so be careful)
1. Download VO editor (in the blue options)
2. This will give you the files to install the editor (go ahead and install it) you will have a new logo on the desktop
3. Download latest firmware for the Michael (in the grey options) it will be in a Zip file ...extract that file to somewhere you can find it later (it will end in .bin)
4. Restart the pc
5. right click the VO editor as select run as administrator
6. The Michael should be switched off at this point but have batteries loaded
7. Find the usb cable in the box (other cables do not work it has to be that one so don’t lose it!)
8. With the editor open plug the usb into the PC and the device
9. On the Michael it will give you two options charge or update (choose update) you have 10s to do this otherwise charge is auto selected...if you missed it unplug USB and try again
10. The Editor “should” list the firmware now (mine was 1_2......if it doesn’t do it unplug usb come out of editor and retry lots and lots of times because it’s hit and miss
11. Ok assuming it’s listed the firmware in VO editor select “open” and find that .bin file from earlier and select it
12. Click on update (left side) ignore the logo side on the right
13. A progress bar should start here....one of 3 things are going to happen
A) it might fail in which case yep you guess it rinse and repeat above from step 5!
B) get to the end and the mod will give you the option to click update again.... do this to see if it worked ...if not disconnect reboot editor and re-connect it might now be right, if not rinse and repeat above from step 5!
C) it does actually work after you select update on the mod!
After all was said and done I was able to get to xxxxxx2_2
For the logo if you have a DNA device it’s already at the right size for logos you used there
1. Right click the image and select Open in paint
2. Now go to options and select save as monochrome bitmap somewhere separate
3. It must be 128x32 @1bit if you haven’t got it sized like this abort this process now as it could create a problem in the mod
4. Open VOeditor as admin like before
5. Connect the Michael via supplied USB again and select “update” (turned off and batteries loaded like before)
6. Ok on the picture side select “open logo” and load the picture you saved earlier
7. Now click on update logo (again make sure it’s the right size here and monochrome bitmap)
8. Now click on update on the right hand side and wait, again same things might happen as before (a,b,c)
9. Once done it should now have you image on there instead of Asvape
OMG- How Cool to put KingPin! I have never tried any updates on any of my mods, I am so afraid of the dreaded "bricking them"
One of these days I will try this- nice option!
Looks Awesome! You lucky 'Devil" LOL!!!!! Very nice contest win!
Very lucky indeed it’s a lovely mod Snap battery life is good on here for a dual 18650 anyway having said that I spend a lot of my time in TC mode so wattage is probably lower
Done with the V2 for now so got the cobra back out to have a toot missed this little tank been a while
I have a Duke SX 350J V2
(26650) ...... Never use it .....
The Michael is a great mod.
Is that paint in the wood ?
It's not wood. It's some kind of textured material - plastic of some sort. The scene is molded in.
GREAT, SMALL, SAFE AND FULLY FREE
Yeah someone raised it to me a while ago the firmware links had been removed from VO and asvape
Is this an alternative spot to pick them up from @gsmit1?
I’d still advise to people proceed with caution downloading from a different source
No, it's a perfectly splendid compression utility that handles just about as many formats as WinRar, but doesn't cost anything. Open source. Been using it for almost 10 years. No hidden nasties and no ads.
Started using my VU.... Polished up and rock and roll....
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk