Become a Patron!

Any suggestion on sweetener in your juice?

Nix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I been doing DIY for couple months now but I feel like all my juices are not sweet enough. I can smell good flavor on inhale and exhale but I want that little sweetness in my month on the aftertaste. I am wondering how I can achieve that effect? I don't want to add EM to my juice because I heard in the long term it will mute my flavors. I heard some good things about sucralose. Can someone guild me on which brand and where to get some? Or should I just use TFA brown sugar flavoring instead?

Nix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am sorry but I got too excited and post this on the wrong section. This is suppose to go to the DIY general section.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't use tfa brown sugar unless you want to impart a dark sugar sweetness.
It's a fairly strong flavor and could take over your flavors even more so than EM.
I think Artemis has some good advice with the Sucralose though.:)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never use sweetener it seems to change the flavor and foul the atomizers.

Nix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I make my own liquid sucrolose. No extra additives that way.
http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...es/powders-and-crystals/sucralose-powder.html
Just posting the link where I purchased my last powder. I'm sure amazon has larger quantities but this amount almost lasted 2 years for me. I even use it for some cooking. I use about 1/8th teaspoon (scant) to 10ml of distilled water. However, this can be dissolved in vg or pg. I would mildly warm up either solution first to mix.

The solution can be made stronger but I find the solution perfect for ejuice use. Otherwise, one drop would equal 1.5 teaspoon and may be too much for small amounts. Just remember the saturation rate is 25-27% max in solution if mixed at highest rate.

I find one drop at my rate flavors 10ml or two drops for 30ml.

edit: teaspoon not tablespoon.

Wow, thank you so much for this information. Do you find anything negative using 1-2 drops of it in your juice? Does it ruin your coil? Does it taste like chemical sweet or like candy sweet to you? I also heard some uses EZ-sweet (http://www.ez-sweetz.com) which is also a liquid sucrolose. I want it as natural as possible to get my fruity juices more tasty. I tried to add more VG to add sweetness but it just doesn't cut it. I want that aftertaste that you get when you eaten a real fruit on your tongue.

Nix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That made a lot of sense. I really appreciate all your experience so I wont have to go through all these road blocks without your help.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I make my own liquid sucrolose. No extra additives that way.
http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...es/powders-and-crystals/sucralose-powder.html
Just posting the link where I purchased my last powder. I'm sure amazon has larger quantities but this amount almost lasted 2 years for me. I even use it for some cooking. I use about 1/8th teaspoon (scant) to 10ml of distilled water. However, this can be dissolved in vg or pg. I would mildly warm up either solution first to mix.

The solution can be made stronger but I find the solution perfect for ejuice use. Otherwise, one drop would equal 1.5 teaspoon and may be too much for small amounts. Just remember the saturation rate is 25-27% max in solution if mixed at highest rate.

I find one drop at my rate flavors 10ml or two drops for 30ml.

edit: teaspoon not tablespoon.
I will try your 1/8th teaspoon per 10ML on a juice that I have been making and vaping for 4 years now. It could stand a touch of sweet and since I'M so familiar with this juice I should determine the taste, sweetness, and affects of the coil. The last time i mixed a batch of this it was 4 years ago I don't remember the ratio but i think it was 1/8th per 10 Ml.

Nix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This may be out of topic, how do you pump up that fruity tart and sour flavor? I can smell my fruit but my diy is like 1/2 of the intensity compare to the commercial juices.

I have tried warm bath, steeping, or add more blends of other fruit. The only thing I havn't tried is using those magnetic mixer.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sucralose : good taste, but pointed as a bad artificial sweetner (DNA damage, bad components when heated, bioacculumation in the body, drug interaction, blurry vision, gastro-intestinal issues). Sucralose can also bring : anxiety, depression, breath problems and headaches. This is already there in many "sweet" flavors. I would not recommend this as the main sweetener.

Aspartame : Never tried. Lot of bad press. Not recommended.

Ethyl Maltol : artificial. Taste of circus cotton candy. There is no health issue known (for now). Recommended.

Stevia : from natural source. Can be good. Can have a little aftertaste, depending on the brand. Recommended.

Agave syrup dilution (1 part light syrup with 9 parts PG). Good mild taste. No health issue known (appart being high in fructose). Can be hard on atomizers. I don't know if there is a possibility of diacetyl presence in this product. I can't find information on this subject. Potentially recommended.

Last edited:

toleary1988

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use about 1% Ethyl Maltol when i feel the need to sweeten my juice but most of the time you are able to achieve sweetness in your juice by adding the right flavors

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like @toleary1988 posted, can sweeten using flavors as well. Some other options for sweeter is adding marshmallow, pear, peach, orange, or marzipan.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I use TFA's Sucralose as sweetener if needed. In general, Sucralose is heavier than EM. Therefore, you don't have to use as much. Thus, better for high VG juices.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This may be out of topic, how do you pump up that fruity tart and sour flavor? I can smell my fruit but my diy is like 1/2 of the intensity compare to the commercial juices.

I have tried warm bath, steeping, or add more blends of other fruit. The only thing I havn't tried is using those magnetic mixer.
For a tart/sour flavoring, usually you'd use Malic Acid. It so happens, that TFA has a flavor called "sour", which contains 20% MA and 80% PG. The Sucralose, MA, and Hibiscus, are the only TFA flavors I utilize, otherwise it's all FA.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sucralose is generally used in small amount, this is a fact, but bioacculuation means the body can't exclude the substance from the body. Bioaccumulation is a point of worry in the world of cosmetics, and a new way to evaluate a substance.

Last edited:

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have used FA Marshmallow in several fruit recipes to sweeten them a bit.
Only in very small amounts though, like 0.1%

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I recently learned, that a tiny bit of FA Bitter Wizzard added to my Sour Apple mix that contains TFA Sour, improved the sourness in my mix.
@Nix

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a 10% Ethyl Maltol solution in PG.
Usually around 1% of the total formula, no more than 2%, unless going for a cotton candy-like flavor.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use sucralose but Im getting sick of it. I think the ecigexpress brand is a cheap version of sucralose. I think I would like the brown sugar one better.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You might try some malic acid; I understand that's often used to impart more of a tart/sour note.

Andria

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out https://www.oooflavors.com/collections/flavor-enhancers
We have a couple of good flavor enhancers

I can recommend there sweetener https://www.oooflavors.com/collections/flavor-enhancers/products/sweetener-liquid-concentrated

Not sure what is in it but they told me it is not sucralose which I can't stand and not stevia either. It actually smells like a week lemonade and OoO when asked told me it does have a citrus component, maybe citric acid? All I know is it is some good stuff I use in fruit mixes from time to time to give them a little boost.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I heard some good things about sucralose.

For those concerned about using sucralose, Stevia is a safer option IMO.
But I only use a drop or 2 in 15ml.
Or
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Marshmallow
0.5% FA Zeppola

I use 1,2, or all 3 for sweetness and don't really notice much flavor impact, well except for an overall improvement to character and body.
At least I've never had them ruin a good recipe, but they won't fix a bad one:D.

Oh my... Ive tried so many Sweeteners. Both Organic and Industrial produce. All types of Sugars (Origin: Sugarcane ) from all Types of Grain Size, to Colours (Brown Sugar) and concluded there are 3 types of Sweeteners after Doing my Chemistry Homework for safety reasons.

1. Sugarcane
2. Artifical Sweeteners
3. Seeping Method like Brewing Wine.

Sugarcane. Why sugarcane. Most sugar brown or white, chorse or fine...comes from Sugarcane. To get brown sugar, simple. Let me share to you how these poor farmers gathers Sugarcane. Founded in India back in the late 60's farmers literally burn their crops (controlled fire) to fend of King Cobras lurking in their crops which are spaced. These Half-Burn or Burnt Sugarcanes caramelised in the process are then collected and processed giving you a thick Black liquid and filtered till it's edible, hence Brown Sugar. Considered as a delicacy, this exotic Flavoring which is totally different from white sugar is actually discovered by Accident and is still made the same way. In the late 70's the Straits of Malaya; it's Trading Penisula in ASEAN is where Brown Sugar starts trading blooming. As for White sugars, well... farmers still uses traditional method to extract Sugar without fire unlike India where the Tropical Climate and Other Geo-reasons and stuff makes it an ideal place why King Cobras thrives in that country and claims the lives of many Farmers and Their livelihood relies mainly on Sugarcane & were forced to burn their crops. Well dontbtake my word for it. Try google it yourswlf to know more.

Artifical Sweeteners is another alternative to diet. U can perhaps get this off any shop in the Pharmacist.

Ok. Seeping. What is that? Its final process of all DIY eLiquids which consists of VG PG Nicotine and Sometimes Food Grade Sweeteners. Seeping has 2 methods. Say example ur Making 2 different batch of Juices.
1. Strawberry Yogurt/ Milkshake/ etc. - WARM
2. Grape & Orange, Pomagranate With Menthol - COOL

Note: Not all Flavors (PG based) are suitable for Seeping Method.

Warm - After a batch is made. Shake Well and then Introduce Air the Juice. That is All u need to do for a straight Week.
Cool - Soon after A Batch is made. Shake well. And you would want to Refrigerate it ASAP for 3 days.

After that. The difference is Shaking it: How u Shake it will give u a Superb Smooth taste. I blend the flavours perfetly using ONLY Centrifugal Force at medium Speed for 5 mins and its good to go. I use a Centrifuge Machine for Olive Oil to Blend my Juice. A friend simply tie about 4 of his 60ml juice bottles together onto a sturdy and long Pole, sharpen one end and stick it to the ground, and start turning it and Above him are His juices. Hr did it for 5 mins too and gets about say 60% much better? Google Centrifugal force if ur unsure.

Cordially urs,
DyVinci

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I been doing DIY for couple months now but I feel like all my juices are not sweet enough. I can smell good flavor on inhale and exhale but I want that little sweetness in my month on the aftertaste. I am wondering how I can achieve that effect? I don't want to add EM to my juice because I heard in the long term it will mute my flavors. I heard some good things about sucralose. Can someone guild me on which brand and where to get some? Or should I just use TFA brown sugar flavoring instead?

Notwithstanding that Sucralose and Ethyl Maltol are very different animals, and not really comparable...

For the mouth sweetness you've described, CAP Super Sweet 1 drop per 10 ml (to start, increase to taste), will provide that, but keep in mind that it's basically just laying sweetness as a separate element on top of your other flavors. It does provide a really nice mouth sweetness, and if that's what you want, Super Sweet will do it cleaner, sweeter, and with a lot less than the other, more diluted sucralose sweeteners. However, it will override your mix and bury other flavors under its sickly-sweetness if too much is used. 1% will yield a very sweet juice, but that's also high enough that it's starting to obscure other flavors. Taste a drop of it, it's pure sweet. Strong stuff, use sparingly.

EM on the other hand won't give you that sweet mouth taste. At very low % it will merely smooth out harsh edges without adding any noticeable sweetness at all, and IMO this is its best trait. I use tiny amounts of it in some of my harsher tobaccos. It's like using fine grit sandpaper to smooth a rough surface, if that makes sense. At higher % it'll add a kind of blended sweetness to your flavors and not be noticeable as a separate element, but rather merge everything into a single sweeter element, but in the process it will also flatten the some of the finer, less dominant elements. The simpler your mix is, the less potential for EM to adversely impact it, but if you go too high with it, it will mute, flatten, and eventually turn your juice into a flavor-lacking, one-dimensional mess.

TFA Brown Sugar is not the droid you're looking for. It has a distinct flavor profile, along the lines of (though not exactly) caramel.

If you try stevia, post back with your results. Personally I can't stand the taste of it.

Last edited:

Scott12579

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use organic Stevia. Does not gunk up your coils and tastes better than other sweetners

VU Sponsors