Become a Patron!

Any thoughts on IPV Mini 2 70 Watt

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
I started vaping a couple years ago, typical ego 650, twist, then Vamo v5 and for the last 18 months mechs with kayfun, taifun, rda's, and lately mostly orchid (FT V6 Billow Style with varible airflow). I have been debating between a lemo, billow, delta v2 and goblin. So today I broke down and ordered the Goblin V1.2.
But I also want to move back into a regulated device. I really like a freinds Sigelei 100W Plus, but with bad hands the size might be a problem. So I have been looking at the IPV Mini 2,with the YiHi SX330V2C. With it being a little more ergonomic it looks like it might be a better choice. But other than a few youtube reviews (take with a grain of salt) I would like to see if anyone has had hands on with it yet, and personal thoughts.

Last edited:

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had mine since Friday and haven't had any issues yet. Absolutely love the shape and look. Very easy to use too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I really have been trying hard to not pull the trigger on it til I got some input, but looks like I might go ahead and order it tonight. Have a buddy who runs a shop and will sell to me @ cost. His order is hitting the shop tomorrow, so I have to speak up quick, or wait for next round or online deal to break.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had mine for just over a week now and I really enjoy how it fits my hand. I've already wrapped it with a wood skin... and just switched to another ( no pic on the second one ). I didn't need this much power and seriously, if you try to vape at the higher wattages this is capable of... you're going to deplete the battery quickly. I vape mine in the 25w range and it lasts through the work day. I also carry an extra battery just in case... I'd rather carry another battery separately instead of carrying around a two battery mod.

iPV_Mini_v2_wrapped.jpg

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I really have been trying hard to not pull the trigger on it til I got some input, but looks like I might go ahead and order it tonight. Have a buddy who runs a shop and will sell to me @ cost. His order is hitting the shop tomorrow, so I have to speak up quick, or wait for next round or online deal to break.

901a4dbfd1d5ef4fdae0bb04d0e9525c.jpg

I have the black, here's a pic next to my copper nemesis clone for size comparison. Along with my subtank mini I love this device.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine for just over a week now and I really enjoy how it fits my hand. I've already wrapped it with a wood skin... and just switched to another ( no pic on the second one ). I didn't need this much power and seriously, if you try to vape at the higher wattages this is capable of... you're going to deplete the battery quickly. I vape mine in the 25w range and it lasts through the work day. I also carry an extra battery just in case... I'd rather carry another battery separately instead of carrying around a two battery mod.

iPV_Mini_v2_wrapped.jpg

Where'd you get the skin?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where'd you get the skin?

That skin shown is from Vapor Skins... great quality and had a texture to it but the edges of the vinyl going up to the edge of the sides... were going to be an issue at some point and would likely have started to roll off over time. I kept feeling those edges...

So I ordered one from Mightyskins that's a cherry wood instead. It's front edge wraps around that and goes up to where the front plastic "window" is located... so the edges are tucked into a corner. The only issue is their customer service isn't as good as they like to say... When my package was past a day late from the USPS ETA and had not shown moving at all since it was picked up... they wouldn't ask the USPS to trace what happened... instead they made me wait another 4 days. So it has a nice feel... but the CS isn't very great...

cherrywood-piipvmini__20079.1423161851.1280.1280.jpg

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked out Mightskins - the price is right. But it looks from the pic and the description as if the wrap only covers one side? Is this so, or am I misreading it!

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked out Mightskins - the price is right. But it looks from the pic and the description as if the wrap only covers one side? Is this so, or am I misreading it!

No... it wraps all the way around. They just take bad pics... lol

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
I sure hope my daughter never see's that, talk about a complex. Her favorite color has always been black, lol I tell her she's weird all the time but never "manly".

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
And thanks everyone, Looks like I am the proud owner of a Mini 2. Should have it sometime this week, if i can ever get out of the drive. Stuck in the Tennessee ice at the moment, road is clear but the drive leading into my property is another story. Just sort of slide around right now.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big fan of my IPV Mini 2 so far. Almost 2 weeks and no complaints. My only issue is that my wife also really likes it, so it tends to disappear now and then when I set it down. I ordered her an iStick 50w in pink (because of course pink) so maybe she will leave my mod alone when hers gets here :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big fan of my IPV Mini 2 so far. Almost 2 weeks and no complaints. My only issue is that my wife also really likes it, so it tends to disappear now and then when I set it down. I ordered her an iStick 50w in pink (because of course pink) so maybe she will leave my mod alone when hers gets here :)
Or maybe you will find yourself with a pink istick 50w lol

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive had mine a little over a week or so and enjoy it a lot. Only con I have to say so far is it was shipped to me with the battery screw cap cross threaded. Performance is not affected at all but hopefully it doesn't go to crap quick.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
901a4dbfd1d5ef4fdae0bb04d0e9525c.jpg

I have the black, here's a pic next to my copper nemesis clone for size comparison. Along with my subtank mini I love this device.

Ipv Mini 2 and Subtank Mini is about as good as it gets if you like to replace batteries. I'm so glad that they came out with version 2. I wish I had these choices years ago. Vapors today are truly blessed in every sense to have so many options at their disposal.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just got my mini v2 in. Have it paired with a derringer setup with dual coils at .4 and it is a beast. Can't vape 12 mg anymore lucky for me I have some trill 6mg. Only problem I have with it is I'm jello of it because it's been to Hawaii and I haven't :(

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Royalty, probably not the cheapest, but the shipping is solid. West Coast to South Dakota in 3 days max usually.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm chomping at the bit to buy this device. Anyone know the place to get them?
yes Eciggity.com has them for 62.99 after code "10percentoff" free shipping got mine from the big island to Massachusetts in 3 days

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Repost of mine from one of the other threads about the IPV Mini v2, hope it helps!

Just got my IPV mini v2 yesterday and took it on a lil roadtrip. Married it up with my Atlantis vaping both 50/50 and 70/30 juices. As this is my first step into regulated mods, all I have to say is WOW. Its worked amazingly. For a n00b like me, it was very easy to manipulate the features, felt great in my hand, and truly brought out the best in my juices. Didnt really venture past 35w, but like I just mentioned thats all I needed to bring out the magic. I do have to note that it did get pretty warm; I was driving 3 hrs straight to where I was going, and pretty much vaped it the whole time. The heat didnt bother me much, and the battery life is as expected given my vaping habits. Anyone considering this as a springboard into regulated mods would be served well by it; definitely recommend as it gives new folks like me room to grow and see if we like higher wattages. Though the IPV4 sounds nice and would be nice to have that dual battery, I think ill be just fine. Those mew mech I picked up arent gonna be seeing much use I think... haha ;)

N

Newheart301

Ha ha.. I love that color. What makes it standout is that it's gender neutral not pink but fuchsia.
Fuchsia is just a gayer color of pink. lol Yeah I'm an ol'SOB. Don't take that wrong, my daughter described it that way, figured she knows, moved to Mass , got married last year, married a fine girl. When she came out I told her... "Hey, everybody's got to be something, love ya "

Last edited by a moderator:

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
Well got my IPV mini 2 today, and love it so far. So does the old lady (may have to order another one or mini 30 watt as a preemptive strike). Kayfun, Taifun, and Orchid all work perfect. New build 6/7 26 gauge on orchid v4 running .54 ohms @ 29 watts is perfect on max vg DIY juice, ran it up to 45 watt and still a champ. Mutation X .22 ohm 50 watts is a beast.. Only a couple of cons, one it can get warm chain vaping, and higher watts can drain a vtc5 quick (but i didn't want a dual 18650 mod). Now vape mail needs to deliver my new Goblin and will be set. (if I don't get hooked into a Delta 2 that is)

N

Newheart301

Glad you like it. Got up to 25 today, snowing now, crap. I get at least 2 days with my VTC 4 and 5 with my V1 Mini, 30 w is all I need, Just running the Aspire 1.6ohm coils in my Silo and Silo Lite's, . Don't drip, or build, or sub-ohm., most of the time I'm between 11w and 13.5w. Hope yours is as trouble free as my 30w version has been.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my mini v2 in. Have it paired with a derringer setup with dual coils at .4 and it is a beast. Can't vape 12 mg anymore lucky for me I have some trill 6mg. Only problem I have with it is I'm jello of it because it's been to Hawaii and I haven't :(
I do enjoy some Trill 6mg myself. I can still do 12 though just not in an rda, the derringer looks sweet.

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
If you get it @cost,I would not hesitate a second. The 30 watt is very good, and I Guess the 70 watt is likewice

VU Sponsors