Become a Patron!

Any Update on the Best Single Coil RTA for Flavor?

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been using my Subtank Mini and it's still the best mobile single coil tank for me. Reasonable juice consumption with flavor. Any newer tanks that can provide the same? Single coil only please.

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have not tried it out but all I hear is rave reviews... The Serpent and Goblin mini are others that are supposed to be great.
I'll definitely check them out. I have the tfv4 mini and the griffin and they work great but I'm a conservative vaper hence why a single coil will always be more favourable.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second the Merlin
It beats all the other tanks I have
Its also easy to build and very forgiving on the wicking

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merlin is very impressive. I now have 2. I really like the serpent as well. I believe I have 6 of those. Building up for vapocalypse.

HD

F

fckaugust8th

Your choices are the Merlin or the Bachelor nano/mini. The Merlin is easier to build, holds more juice and it is more versatile.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Another vote for Merlin here

F

fckaugust8th

@LarryPer123, that is true if you don't wick it right. With the proper wicking it is a very good and versatile tank.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I am going to get a merlin myself, hopefully it will perform better than the pita Griffin 25 I just got.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I sold my Griffins to buy Merlins - totally pleased with that decision :) While I love my Boreas, I find I use the Merlins more!

They are such different attys.

My rule of thumb for describing is Merlin for MTL, Boreas for DL

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are such different attys.

My rule of thumb for describing is Merlin for MTL, Boreas for DL
I use them both DL - and sometimes MTL! But I've taken the restrictive screws out of the Merlins, and the AFC is wide open.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I use them both DL - and sometimes MTL! But I've taken the restrictive screws out of the Merlins, and the AFC is wide open.

Oh yeah, you can do both with both, lol.

I should have said my rule of thumb for describing it to folks new to the whole thing - they are extremely versatile

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm in love with 2 RTAs right now. Goblin Mini v1 and Merlin. I get fantastic flavor from both, I think both are easy to build on, though the GM is much smaller and requires squinting with my glasses on, lol. I also like the Lemo Drop - it doesn't get enough love and puts out great flavor, imo.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been using my Subtank Mini and it's still the best mobile single coil tank for me. Reasonable juice consumption with flavor. Any newer tanks that can provide the same? Single coil only please.

The Lemo has always been my favorite single coil flavor tank. I have not tried the Lemo 2 but that would be my next purchase if I was still into single coil tanks.

Sincerely,
Mr. Chainvapor

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Lemo has always been my favorite single coil flavor tank. I have not tried the Lemo 2 but that would be my next purchase if I was still into single coil tanks.

Sincerely,
Mr. Chainvapor

The Merlin clobbers my Lemo II - not even in the same league

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard pretty good things about the ehpro bachelor. Just ordered one so I guess I'll find out but seems like it should be easy to build with a postless deck. Flavor is supposed to be really good. I've heard some people mention leaking while others say no. Maybe the ones that are leaking aren't shutting off the juice flow? Not really sure. That merlin looks pretty decent, similar to the bachelor if the bachelor had posts.

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another vote here for the Merlin. My first RTA and my next will be another Merlin,no need to look any further for me.Perfect,no leaking massive flavor,easy to build and with the restrictor in and air flow nearly closed perfect for MTL at low wattage.Also the tank really looks amazing.

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm new to the vaping world really, so maybe a silly question, but can I subohm vape on the Merlin? Still haven't figured out what the real difference is, so I decided to buy a Subohm Crown and either the Merlin or the Goblin Mini and give them both a whirl

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to the vaping world really, so maybe a silly question, but can I subohm vape on the Merlin? Still haven't figured out what the real difference is, so I decided to buy a Subohm Crown and either the Merlin or the Goblin Mini and give them both a whirl

Merlin is definitely sub ohm capable.

The notch coil included with the Merlin is .25 ohms according to Roxy herself.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
either the Merlin or the Goblin Mini
Yes, you want both, LOL I like the v1 Goblin Mini over the v2 because the wicking is less troublesome with the v1, but a lot of people don't like messing with a bottom screw fill. Doesn't bother me.

VaporRange has the GM v1 for a SERIOUSLY great price right now.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't go wrong with the Crown. I think it's the best tank out there for pre built coils. Love my Merlins. My only nit pick complaint is on the black one the glass is to dark. Can't comment on the Goblin yet but I intend to buy one and try it out in the very near future. Maybe I'll see a deal on a father's day sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's easy to build- and single coil that's what I need then-
LoL
I want to build and have a tank that's not a juice guzzler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
+1 Augvape Merlin although the Bellus performs very nicely as single coil and is quieter.
IMG_20160629_144802.jpg
Istick 20w w/Protank2, Istick 40w tc w/fasttech Frankentank Mini topfill, IPV D2 w/UD Bellus, Istick 200w w/Merlin

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_144802.jpg
    IMG_20160629_144802.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 40

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pass on the Bachelor, at least the full size one. After a few weeks, constant issues with the o ring at the top of the base, and the jfc control. Also very slow to ramp up.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pass on the Bachelor, at least the full size one. After a few weeks, constant issues with the o ring at the top of the base, and the jfc control. Also very slow to ramp up.
Shame you had trouble with it, I wonder if it was defective? Have had no issues with my orings or jfc other than it tends to open while tightening the tank to the base. Moves nice and smooth on mine.

Digiflavor single is great. The dual coil sux, leaks badly. Both have top fill but you have to empty them to rebuild. I bought both and I love the single, wasted money on the dual.

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would say the 25 mm Super Tank Mini using Notch coils are excellent for flavor.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors