Become a Patron!

any way to fix a broken coil?

spikebites

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I installed a new coil into my tank last night and filled it with juice, placed a few drops on the cotton (both on the sides and in the center), and when I took a few hits, all I got was the burnt taste.

I figured the coil was broken or not working properly because usually when I suck on my vape, I could hear a cracking/popping sound when things are working, but with this coil, no sounds.. just very harsh taste.

I know its cheaper or easier to buy another coil, and luckily I have a few more spare on hand. But, this is the second time out of 4-5 coils so far that have gone bad before I have even had the chance to use them properly.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Either use more juice when priming the wick or let the tank set for a few minutes after installing the new coil before using it. Turning the power down for those first few hits on a new coil won't hurt as well. Taking a few pulls on it without firing can also help.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What lefty said above is true, That is how I start mine up every time. I never have a problem doing this. But then again I build my own coils lol. Since you don't build your own it will help you even more

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need to hold in my hand to diagnose it. Try lower volts/watts on start up. Popping is too much for the coil. Worth a try. I would try another Atomizer if you have one.

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like either a wicking problem or too high a power setting. Once the cotton is really burnt however, it never really tastes right again.

I always soak the hell out of new coils and after letting it set for 10 minutes, I work my way up from a very low power setting until it's consistently warm and flavorful but not burnt.

VU Sponsors