Become a Patron!

Anyone bought a Cuboid Mini? Notch Coils?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone gotten and tried the Cuboid Mini with the notch coils? Any reviews, likes or dislikes? Considering whether to bite or not :)

Of the few reviews I have found on youtube and google, not much has been said about flavor or quality of vape. Nor much on build quality either. Mostly just about the built in battery, which I agree is a bad decision by Joyetech. Still interested though.....love any info please!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered a Cuboid Mini Kit, just for the unique look with the tank that comes with it, and that new coil. I'll be using it for short trips, or at home, where I don't have to worry about running out of battery power. I also watched many reviews. I'm not expecting too much in regards to flavor, can't beat a good RDA. However, I think it should be still a good vape.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't buy the cuboid mini.. but i did buy a 5 pack of the notch coils and use them in my cubis.. I really like the notch coils.. breathes new life into my cubis.. flavor is much better then the original coils and vapor production has tripled. i am on my 4 day of using the coil and still vapes strong.. curious to see how long the coil will last. the original coils for the cubis only lasted about 3 days.. i would say get it the notch coils are top notch.. i vape the cubis with the notch coil at around 50 watts and it provides a nice warm favorable vape with very nice vapor production..

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't buy the cuboid mini.. but i did buy a 5 pack of the notch coils and use them in my cubis.. I really like the notch coils.. breathes new life into my cubis.. flavor is much better then the original coils and vapor production has tripled. i am on my 4 day of using the coil and still vapes strong.. curious to see how long the coil will last. the original coils for the cubis only lasted about 3 days.. i would say get it the notch coils are top notch.. i vape the cubis with the notch coil at around 50 watts and it provides a nice warm favorable vape with very nice vapor production..
Have you had any problems with spitting and flooding? And flavor wise do you have any other tanks that is comparable to you? I'm a flavor chaser, but not mtl, too tight of a draw for me. Thanks so much for your help!

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you had any problems with spitting and flooding? And flavor wise do you have any other tanks that is comparable to you? I'm a flavor chaser, but not mtl, too tight of a draw for me. Thanks so much for your help!

No flooding.. sometimes i get the smallest spit back after refilling it but it is always gone after the first draw.. Good thing your not a mtl cause these coils are not made for mtl.. they are for lung hits.. these notch coils produce alot of vapor. but they do get the cubis tank really hot after a few draws.. Im a chain vapor so for me it get kinda hot. I can't compare it to any RDA for I really don't drip.. I do own the serpent which is a great flavor machine and it is on par with it.. The flavor is really nice and strong with the joyetch notch coil.. the old coils were shitty with flavor but these coils are def not.

I got the cuboid mini 2 days ago and it was great, flavor and vape was just awesome. The next morning I filled it up and when I took my first pull of the day I got spit back alike u wouldn't believe. I can actually watch the juice coming through the top of the notch coil and filling up through the drip tip. I tried another coil and it's just a lousy tasteless vape.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the cuboid mini 2 days ago and it was great, flavor and vape was just awesome. The next morning I filled it up and when I took my first pull of the day I got spit back alike u wouldn't believe. I can actually watch the juice coming through the top of the notch coil and filling up through the drip tip. I tried another coil and it's just a lousy tasteless vape.
Welcome to VU!

It sound to me, like there's something else going on, e. g. damaged o-ring, letting air into the tank. Those o-rings (in general), can easily be damaged by over tightening.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you purchased coils separately from the kit, the other coils are different. The kit includes 1 .25 Ohm notch coil installed, 1 .5 Ohm SS 316L coil, and 1 1.5 Ohm clapton coil. None of the coils vape similarly.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have never experienced flooding with any of the coil versions.. Are you filling to the fill line? If you fill past the fill line you will flood your tank for the juice with have no where to go but into your coil.. You have to fill to the fill line. As for the other coil being tasteless with terrible vapor production.. those other coils are not notch coils.. you only get one notch coil with the kit.. those other coils are mouth to lung coils and they are pretty bad. you will have to buy 5 packs of notch coils. anybody buying this kit i highly recommend buying an extra 5 pack of notch coils..

I just got a different notch coil and it's doing the same thing. I'm not even getting close to the max fill line so I know it's not an over filling issue. As far as the other coil I know it's not a notch coil I was just trying to see if it would do the same thing. I can usually figure out all my vaping issues but this has me stumped.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a different notch coil and it's doing the same thing. I'm not even getting close to the max fill line so I know it's not an over filling issue. As far as the other coil I know it's not a notch coil I was just trying to see if it would do the same thing. I can usually figure out all my vaping issues but this has me stumped.

that is strange.. I have had zero issues with the notch coils.. nothing but good vapor.. I would have to say something must be wrong with your tank.. Maybe where you attach the coil to the top.. maybe the o-ring is messed up and it is leaking juice from the top of the coil in and flooding it.. that is all i can think of cause that is the only point that it could flood other then overfilling and forcing juice in..

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that is strange.. I have had zero issues with the notch coils.. nothing but good vapor.. I would have to say something must be wrong with your tank.. Maybe where you attach the coil to the top.. maybe the o-ring is messed up and it is leaking juice from the top of the coil in and flooding it.. that is all i can think of cause that is the only point that it could flood other then overfilling and forcing juice in..
Same type of problems people were having with the cubis tank from the sounds of it. Might still need to improve on the coil design.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally never had any issues with the cubis tank. With the original .5 coils or the notch coils.. other then the coils having a short life span. but Either way got something to share. So my notch coil was finally giving me a bad vape. So i give the notch coils a life span of about 5 days. better then the .5 316L coils but still 5 days kinda sucks. but to be fair my juice is pretty dark. Either way. i decided to take it the coil apart and sure enough the cotton was so black and gunked up but the coil was fine.. i was able to get the coil into my serpent tank. so now i am vaping the notch coil in my serpent tank and it is great.. hey don't judge.. these coils are expensive so why not recycle them.. couldn't believe it fit on the deck of the serpent. it is producing a really nice vape on my serpent..

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I received my cuboid mini yesterday. So far, pretty good flavor from that coil, no spitting, even after re-filling.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received my cuboid mini yesterday. So far, pretty good flavor from that coil, no spitting, even after re-filling.
What wattage and/or temp do you find yourself using? How is the airflow on the tank?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What wattage and/or temp do you find yourself using? How is the airflow on the tank?
With the current DIY eJuice, I'm using TC SS316 47.5W and 480F. IMO, the airflow could be better. I'm thinking of taking my Dremmel to it to enlarge the air holes. However, considering it's designed as a step up from a beginners kit, I think the airflow is good enough. I'm still able to take good drags, with clouds and flavor. BTW, my eJuice is a 80VG/20PG.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I personally never had any issues with the cubis tank. With the original .5 coils or the notch coils.. other then the coils having a short life span. but Either way got something to share. So my notch coil was finally giving me a bad vape. So i give the notch coils a life span of about 5 days. better then the .5 316L coils but still 5 days kinda sucks. but to be fair my juice is pretty dark. Either way. i decided to take it the coil apart and sure enough the cotton was so black and gunked up but the coil was fine.. i was able to get the coil into my serpent tank. so now i am vaping the notch coil in my serpent tank and it is great.. hey don't judge.. these coils are expensive so why not recycle them.. couldn't believe it fit on the deck of the serpent. it is producing a really nice vape on my serpent..
I'm interested to find out what kind of life you get out of it in the serpent ... :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So, I played around with the settings, and discovered one reason for the notch coil spitting. If you vape on a low wattage, spitting can occur. Once, I brought the settings back up to at least 40W, the coil stopped spitting. The only other reason is over filling the tank itself.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, I played around with the settings, and discovered one reason for the notch coil spitting. If you vape on a low wattage, spitting can occur. Once, I brought the settings back up to at least 40W, the coil stopped spitting. The only other reason is over filling the tank itself.
So sounds like the minimum rating on the coils should be 40w then unless they make some changes. I was wondering if overfilling might be contributing to the flooding problem as well. Thank you for continuing testing and updating :D

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't really had any issues with gurgling or spitting, but it bumps me out of ss316 TC sometimes with the notch coil in the cuboid mini tank. When it's working the flavor is ok. It seems to only bump me from TC with the included tank, I haven't tried the other coils yet, either. All my ss430 builds stay in TC, it's just the notch coil so far. If I unscrew it and reset the atty it usually works in TC from then on. Kinda bothersome for a new mod, it did it the first night. The ohm readings on kanthal aren't the most stable, too. Anyone else had this issue? I seem to find evic vtc posts where people have this issue, and reset the atty to get it working. Don't know if it's firmware, the tank, or the device. I also am only getting a max charge of 4.17, and my fire button has been a bit sticky, and today got stuck firing for a moment... Not cool. I can't figure out what it's catching on. I got it local, so I'm likely taking it for a replacement, hopefully, Saturday.

It's a cool mod and fits my needs. I'd just like my battery to fully charge to 4.2V, my mod to stay in TC, and my fire button not to stick, lol. If the battery and TC bumping issues are common, not sure what to do. I got the silver, and the finish is nice. It reminds me of a zippo. Hopefully I get a replacement that works. I may pull the notch coil and install it on an rda.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't really had any issues with gurgling or spitting, but it bumps me out of ss316 TC sometimes with the notch coil in the cuboid mini tank. When it's working the flavor is ok. It seems to only bump me from TC with the included tank, I haven't tried the other coils yet, either. All my ss430 builds stay in TC, it's just the notch coil so far. If I unscrew it and reset the atty it usually works in TC from then on. Kinda bothersome for a new mod, it did it the first night. The ohm readings on kanthal aren't the most stable, too. Anyone else had this issue? I seem to find evic vtc posts where people have this issue, and reset the atty to get it working. Don't know if it's firmware, the tank, or the device. I also am only getting a max charge of 4.17, and my fire button has been a bit sticky, and today got stuck firing for a moment... Not cool. I can't figure out what it's catching on. I got it local, so I'm likely taking it for a replacement, hopefully, Saturday.

It's a cool mod and fits my needs. I'd just like my battery to fully charge to 4.2V, my mod to stay in TC, and my fire button not to stick, lol. If the battery and TC bumping issues are common, not sure what to do. I got the silver, and the finish is nice. It reminds me of a zippo. Hopefully I get a replacement that works. I may pull the notch coil and install it on an rda.
First thing, I did when I switched to TC, I locked the coil's resistance in. I haven't encountered it from switching into power mode so far.
I did notice the sticky fire button though. However, when pushing just the lower part of the button, I haven't had that happen.
How do you know, it's charging to 4.17V only?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

How are you using SS-430 for TC? Are you running a custom TCR, or using it with the SS-316L defaults? I have not tried SS-430 yet, just SS-316L, but I've been looking at a roll of the 430 to play with ... :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Neunerball locking doesn't make a difference. I can take of the tank fire and put the atty back on, and it usually fixes it. It still happens though. Instant bump to power mode and 20 Watts.

And when you press the fire button and the left button and hold, it brings up battery voltage. Device has to be off, and it takes a bit. Also, if you scroll to bypass, it will show you the remaining voltage. I'm curious to see if others are charging past 4.17. Not the end of the world, but not a good start with a non replaceable battery... Once my fire button got stuck yesterday and kept firing, I think I'm exchanging it out. Too many issues here.

@DevAuto there are three custom TCR settings. I've got one to 00138 for my 430. It's spotty in the quality of Vape, but never has kicked me out of TC. Only the stock atty with the stock coil.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:penguin:With all the reviews and feedback I've been seeing on these coils and tanks about the flooding and spit back issues, I think I will just buy another Evic Mini VTC. It's been my favorite go to since it's release, and still looks great and going strong. Another of those with another COV Vengeance and I'll be a happy camper ;)

Or maybe wait for the Vtwo. But I doubt it....new releases come with issues, and the original is proven :giggle:

Lol..sorry, just found the other tabbies with animals and messages. Had to play....so cute :dog:

I had spit back problems hot at that. Luckily I had an old Isub atomizer from my isub g. Took top spit back mesh off it. broke the ring off holding the screen and pulled my drip tip off and put it down in it fit perfect. Put drip tip back on and no more spit back coming up thru! Quick fix works great

hot indeed until your genius but now seemingly obvious fix. i got isub atto's too but couldn't find an old one so just jammed some metal gauze in the drip tip which works fine for now. next dead isub atto mesh goes down the hole like yours.

thanks dude.

im brand new to this site and to vaping, and i was wondering if you could help me with a good watt and temp, ive been trying to figure it out but its not working well for me.... i have the joyetech evic mini with the cubis atomizer with .25 ohm notch coils... any way you could please help with a good watt to set at and temp??!? it would be greatly appreciatted!! thank you!

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im brand new to this site and to vaping, and i was wondering if you could help me with a good watt and temp, ive been trying to figure it out but its not working well for me.... i have the joyetech evic mini with the cubis atomizer with .25 ohm notch coils... any way you could please help with a good watt to set at and temp??!? it would be greatly appreciatted!! thank you!

I vape the notchcoils at 50 Watts.. As for ss temp control.. 50watts at 450 degrees... But question what isn't working for you.. Be more detailed and we could probably help out.. What problems are you having?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only used Notch in an RTA and while the ramp up time is quite nice, the flavor is nothing to write home about.
I'v heard a lot of complaints of spitback in regards to premade notch heads which makes a lot of sense considering the way it's built and placed in the head.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only used Notch in an RTA and while the ramp up time is quite nice, the flavor is nothing to write home about.
I'v heard a lot of complaints of spitback in regards to premade notch heads which makes a lot of sense considering the way it's built and placed in the head.

Yea it can have spitback if you don't use it for a while.. seems to flood if it just sits around.. really annoying.. I actually only use the cubis with notch coil when I am going to a festival or something.. other then that it just sits around flooding itself..

What are your settings? I'm new to vaping, bought the mini and I'm looking for best cloud/flavor set up. I have no clue what I'm doing so I just constantly change settings and haven't had any luck.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are your settings? I'm new to vaping, bought the mini and I'm looking for best cloud/flavor set up. I have no clue what I'm doing so I just constantly change settings and haven't had any luck.

Hey Zerbalurb, What tank are you using? When you say mini what are you referring too?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gotcha, and you are using the cubis tank designed for the cuboid mini.. ok.. I think the cubis tank works best at 50 watts.. though I don't use the cubis tank anymore.. I have since witched to the Freemax Starre Pure tank.. It is also top air flow so no leaking and has much better airflow.. and no flooding what so ever.. I would recommend you get that and replace the cubis tank.. But if you consider getting the freemax keep in mind it is 25mm wide so it may or may not fit on the cuboid mini.. Anyway for your cubis tank I recommend using it at 50 watts.. If you want to use temp control then switch to SS316L and keep it at 50 watts and start with 400 degrees and go up in degrees until you find a perfect vape.. But you can easily just stay in power mode and vape it at 50 watts

I have bought three of these Mini Cuboids because I loved the look of them. I liked the option of having different colours in order that I could remember what juice was in which mod.

They are useless and unreliable. As I write this only one of the three is working. One is dead and doesn't even light up . switch on or charge up. Another will fire but only if it likes the ambience. Whilst the third I feel will cease to operate in sympathy as they are all the same age, under one month old.

I have bought 30 notch coils after using the ones supplied with the kit. They do taste good but do not operate at anywhere near the temperature that they state on the coils. 30 - 70 watts is a joke. More like 30 - 40 watts if you want to use a tank of juice. I ran mine a 50w and burnt all three out long before I had used a single tank of liquid. The worst being less than 25%.

I am so disappointed that I have wasted so much money on these good looking devices for them to be of poor quality.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a huge disappointment for me as well. I had so many issues with it and the final issue was it wouldn't charge anymore... Now it's just eye candy on my shelf because the looks is all it was ever good for

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a cuboid and a cuboid mini, both over 6 months old. They work fine; but I only use tanks on them with a flush center pin to avoid any problems that some have reported with the 510 connectors. I don't find them the most ergonomic mods but for me they seem to work. I also use a custom firmware that greatly expands the functionality.

As for the notch coils, they work great, but I don't use the Joyetech tanks. I use them in the VRBA head for the Rafale/Crown 2 tanks. 5mm id x 9 mm length; huge diameter gives plenty of air. I prefer them over standard wire or clapton wire. In vertical configuration I've never had any leaks or dry hits and they work great in TC mode. But, I've never had ANY success using them in horizontal mode.

I have the tan color Joytech Cuboid on top of my tan Cloupor GT80 80W TC boxmod.....they match perfectly together, as if they were made for each other. Anyway, I use the 0.25ohm Stainless Steel Notch coils & been vaping off & on with this set-up. I havent had to change the coil ever since I installed it over 6 months or so ago. Its the first coil out of a pack of 5 Notch coils. Grant it, I own about 20 different vape set-ups I bounce back & forth from with each set-up having a different e-liquid flavor. I bounce from one to the other because I suffer from Vapors Tongue, which is when a e-liquid flavor fades away over a certain amount of time, so I have to go from flavor to flavor threw out the day. Its a pain in the *as having to switch around from one mod set-up to the other all the time. I wish I could stick with just one mod & tank with just one flavor e-liquid, just like everyone else does.....for the most part. Getting back to the Joyetech Notch coils. Id say I've vapes this Notch coil for a little over a week straight, if I were to combine all the times I've vaped on my Cubis & Cloupor set-up with tue Notch coil installed. I think this SS316 Notch coil will last much more longer too. I don't seem to notice it lacking in flavor or performance at the moment, & I'm vaping on it as i'm typing this.Also, the Cubis Kanthal 0.50ohm coils aren't that bad either. I've used the one that came with my Joyetech Cubis Sub-Ohm tank, before I ordered a pack of 5 SS316 Notch coils. I think I'm going to order a black Joyetech Cubis Pro Sub-Ohm tank to go with my black Cloupor GT80 80W TC boxmod. ﹃Φδ้꒦໊ྀⓘⓝ≧ฅァ乙* & E>ŏ̥̥̥̥F凹Mఠ్ఠ్ Ω ≧ฅァìηु

ⓥⓐⓟⓘⓝ↭ⓗⓐⓡⓓ
ч ↭ⓓⓐⓨⓢ→ [ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з--(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ &

(つ ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)=ε/̵͇̿̿] ⇦≧ฅァө Φη ↯ ↭ Ω

﹃Φδ้꒦໊ྀⓘⓝVฅァ乙* 日 ﻌ ㅂ Ω ↯ ु E>ŏ̥̥̥̥F凹Mఠ్ఠ్ Ω ≧ฅァìηु

ु E>ŏ̥̥̥̥F凹Mఠ్ఠ్ Ω ≧ฅァìηु

﹃Φδ้꒦໊ྀⓘⓝ≧ฅァ乙*

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors