Become a Patron!

Anyone do a .2 build on a tube?

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ve only used HB6 (30amp) batteries, so I’ve been using .14-.15 builds, but the hb6 are only 1500 mAh, so I’m wanting to use my VTC5A’s, but am worried that a .2 build won’t be enjoyable, or will have more ramp up

I’m using a vgod Elite tube with a Drop RDA if it matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its all about the ratio of coil mass to output power on a mech mod. if you make smaller coils at the same resistance, they will heat up faster. you can make coils that vape well at any power level if you find the right balance of mass to power. the only limit in this case is the atomizer. sometimes its too big or small for the coils you need to build to get a good vape at a given power level...like my unregulated para-series builds dont actually fit in my 22mm squonker atomizer, and my tiny micro fused clapton build sucks in an aromamizer plus, but if you flip them around, so the series build is in the plus (on hammer of god at ~230w), and the micro coils are in the 22mm squonker (~70w on single battery mech), they are both nice warm vapes with instant ramp up (even though they are running at different power levels, and are drastically different in mass)...what is your normal build at .14-.15?

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its all about the ratio of coil mass to output power on a mech mod. if you make smaller coils at the same resistance, they will heat up faster. you can make coils that vape well at any power level if you find the right balance of mass to power. the only limit in this case is the atomizer. sometimes its too big or small for the coils you need to build to get a good vape at a given power level...like my unregulated para-series builds dont actually fit in my 22mm squonker atomizer, and my tiny micro fused clapton build sucks in an aromamizer plus, but if you flip them around, so the series build is in the plus (on hammer of god at ~230w), and the micro coils are in the 22mm squonker (~70w on single battery mech), they are both nice warm vapes with instant ramp up (even though they are running at different power levels, and are drastically different in mass)...what is your normal build at .14-.15?

Thank you for the awesome reply, and currently I’m using a dual coil build on a drop RDA, I believe it was 26g Ni80 Parallel like 6 wraps at 3.0mm? Can’t remember exactly

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I’ve only used HB6 (30amp) batteries, so I’ve been using .14-.15 builds, but the hb6 are only 1500 mAh, so I’m wanting to use my VTC5A’s, but am worried that a .2 build won’t be enjoyable, or will have more ramp up
I’m using a vgod Elite tube with a Drop RDA if it matters

I’m currently vaping a Dual,3mm, 24g, Ni80, 6 wrap, in a Goon, on a Ragnarok, with a VTC5A, and two batteries last me all day. I get good cloud and flavor production. The 5As hit like a truck. The build comes in a .23 after wicking and juice.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors