Become a Patron!

Anyone elase having a problem with the Reuleaux RX200?

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So a week ago I got my RX200 from VapeNW. Slapped on my Firebird atty and went to town. It worked great. For 4 days. On day 5 I started getting the 'atomizer short' read. Checked the atty visually, on my Sig 100, on my Sig 150. There is no short. Fires fine on all my mods except the Reuleaux. I keep getting intermittent 'atomizer short' reads. It goes away once I unscrew the atty and rescrew the atty. Sometimes it takes just one unscrew/rescrew, sometimes it takes 6-8.
Also, the resistance read jumps after going thru the 'atomizer short' deal. I have a very basic non temp control dual coil kanthal build coming in at .42. Verified by the Reuleaux [for the first 4 days], a Sig 100, a Sig 150, and a dedicated ohm meter. After getting the 'atomizer short' read, unscrewing and rescrewing the atty to get it to fire, it shows as 6.0. It's not. It's still 4.2 according to the other sources.
The RX came with the newest firmware - 3.00
The 510 on the mod is squeaky clean.
The connector on the Firebird is more than long enough.

Since it worked perfect for the first 4 days, all I can figure is something came loose on the 510. Or maybe the insulator under the connector got squashed, though that looks okay. Or maybe it's a gleep in the firmware. Shit, I don't know.

Anyone else hear of an 'atomizer short' problem with the RX200? Is this a known problem?

pee ess - Since I bought this mod from VapeNW, and their customer service is terrible, I have to deal directly with Wismec. I sent an email.

pee pee ess - Auto reply from Wismec. They are on holiday until Feb. 14. Hur-fucking-ray.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like just a bad connection. If you can't get any 'customer service' help you might have to take it apart and find and fix the connection that's giving you problems. Good luck.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So a week ago I got my RX200 from VapeNW. Slapped on my Firebird atty and went to town. It worked great. For 4 days. On day 5 I started getting the 'atomizer short' read. Checked the atty visually, on my Sig 100, on my Sig 150. There is no short. Fires fine on all my mods except the Reuleaux. I keep getting intermittent 'atomizer short' reads. It goes away once I unscrew the atty and rescrew the atty. Sometimes it takes just one unscrew/rescrew, sometimes it takes 6-8.
Also, the resistance read jumps after going thru the 'atomizer short' deal. I have a very basic non temp control dual coil kanthal build coming in at .42. Verified by the Reuleaux [for the first 4 days], a Sig 100, a Sig 150, and a dedicated ohm meter. After getting the 'atomizer short' read, unscrewing and rescrewing the atty to get it to fire, it shows as 6.0. It's not. It's still 4.2 according to the other sources.

Since it worked perfect for the first 4 days, all I can figure is something came loose on the 510. Or maybe the insulator under the connector got squashed, though that looks okay. Or maybe it's a gleep in the firmware. Shit, I don't know.

Anyone else hear of an 'atomizer short' problem with the RX200? Is this a known problem?

pee ess - Since I bought this mod from VapeNW, and their customer service is terrible, I have to deal directly with Wismec. I sent an email.

pee pee ess - Auto reply from Wismec. They are on holiday until Feb. 14. Hur-fucking-ray.
Just curious if you have another atty you can try..if the RX still displays shorted atomizer then I would think it is the mod at fault.. But if it vapes normally then I would think something amiss in your firebird.. just a thought

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did vapenw say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious if you have another atty you can try..if the RX still displays shorted atomizer then I would think it is the mod at fault.. But if it vapes normally then I would think something amiss in your firebird.. just a thought

I have about 15 atomizers and tanks I can test. That's what I'm doing right now.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did vapenw say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been ordering from VapeNw for the last 2.5 yrs..Thier customer service is actually very good..I had a problem when they sent the wrong STM..they sent the V1 instead of the V2..a simple email to them with a pic of the V1 and they promptly sent me the V2, told me to keep the V1 and apologized for any inconvenience...no worries with VapeNW....might add since then I've ordered one IPV3 mod, one IPV4S mod two RX200 mods, two Griffin RTA's and a bunch of wire..always getting my items within 3 days of the day I placed my order via USPS priority with tracking...have had zero issues with all four mods, vaping them in rotation everyday, and zero issues with VapeNW

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I don't have the RX200 but had other RX devices, the Cuboid and the new iStick, i am having the same exact problem, it is most probably a complex problem, has to do with BOTH the 510 on the mod and the base of your tank, both making a less than perfect connection, this one is easy to diagnose if you have a multi meter

1- measure the resistance of your tank by itself with the MM does it read it right? Is it stable or does it jump around?
2- get a piece of wire, measure its resistance, then fold the wire in two, touch one end to the positive pin on the 510 of the mod and the other end to the theads, does it read it right?
3- unscrew the base of the tank from the tank and screw it on the mod, touch the wire to to the base positive and negative, does it reads the resistance the same as in the previous step?
4- screw another tank on the mod, and see if it makes a connection

I think you will find one of these problems :

1- the 510 on the RX mod is some what erratic, it works with some tanks and makes a connection and with other tanks it does not.
2- if you screw your tanks tight to make it sit flush on the mod, the constant pressure on the soft spring loaded 510 on the mod makes it go bad after a while
3- i think also the tank you are using will turn out to have unstable connection at the base.

The combination of the less than perfect connection at the tank base with the erratic behavior of the 510 on the mod is causing your problem by making the RX chip think there is a short when in actuality there is none.

I personally don't have this fully figured out yet so i am interested to hear your test results

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't start shit like that... you'll just confuse the fuck out of others.

The "RX" is the "RX200", distinct from the DNA Reuleaux... it's not a "line" of mods.

:):):)

-Though I do jokingly call it my "i200". :p
The Wismec RX200, eVic VTC Mini, Cuboid, VaporFlask's new stuff and the iStick TC100W all have the same chip and behave the same, so yes in a way they are a line all made by Joetech affiliated companies and all use the RX chip by Joyetech. Everyone in the vaping community decided to call it the RX chip because Joyetech never bothered to name it, so i call it the same.

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Wismec RX200, eVic VTC Mini, Cuboid, VaporFlask's new stuff and the iStick TC100W all have the same chip and behave the same, so yes in a way they are a line all made by Joetech affiliated companies and all use the RX chip by Joyetech. Everyone in the vaping community decided to call it the RX chip because Joyetech never bothered to name it, so i call it the same.

Yes... the chip in the RX.
But you're the very first I've seen refer to an "RX" line of mods.
And I won't be joining you.

Besides the uncertainty of which chip(s) from the JTech and Eleaf supplies are in them, there're just too many differences to look at them as a consolidated line.
Nor would I say they "behave the same", the RX being the odd man out of course.
*cough* i200 *cough* :p
You mention the new i100TC, that's the one that should have matched the RX the closest, but they kept the third button and screwed up the UI. o_O
Think General Motors, if that helps. Sharing components, as it were.

And I'm not sure what wishes or pull VapeForward has for their new Wismec mods.
Haven't seen much about them, to be honest.

Come to think of it... doesn't the VTC (and certainly the VT) predate the Reuleaux?
Maybe even the Presa too (you forgot that one).

No, I certainly won't be considering my VTC "another of the RX mods". :D
Regardless of what's under the hood.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The slightly different input controls or display elements is just a slight difference in the circuit board design or software customizations but the chip remains the same on all these mods, they use the same technology so it is reasonable to expect that they will provide the same vaping performance and share the same problems/glitches and in that respect they are all comparable and form a technology generation line

Also all companies that manufacture these devices are owned by Joyetech so they are using similar components and engineering and manufacturing resources, only tailored to different market segments and tastes and in that respect also they represent a line of products

Edit: the old VT does not use the same chip as it is not software upgrade able and does not support SS316 or custom TCR, all the other RX mods have all these features and work exactly the same.

Last edited:

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I have worked on about 20 different rx with that problem. only one was a bad 510 connection . (think the user stripped out the threads and wouldn't get proper connection).. The conclusion i have came to on a lot of them is the spring and posi-pin are just too tight. take a thin screwdriver and just take a few mins to keep pushing the pin down, will loosen it . - has worked on every rx so far. - let me know if you try and how it works.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have worked on about 20 different rx with that problem. only one was a bad 510 connection . (think the user stripped out the threads and wouldn't get proper connection).. The conclusion i have came to on a lot of them is the spring and posi-pin are just too tight. take a thin screwdriver and just take a few mins to keep pushing the pin down, will loosen it . - has worked on every rx so far. - let me know if you try and how it works.
What do you mean by pushing it down and how does that fix the problem?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree. I have one of the connetors in my hand as I type this. The RX200 and DNA200 Realeaux use exactly the same 510 copnnector, and the amount the atty center pin depresses the mod centerpin on the 2 Realeaux modles is about 1.5-2mm.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would seem by reading his post, he is saying the 510 spring is too stiff to be compressed easily. He is suggesting taking a screwdriver and pushing it down a few times so it won't be so stiff (break it in/loosen it up, the spring that is).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It would seem by reading his post, he is saying the 510 spring is too stiff to be compressed easily. He us suggesting taking a screwdriver and pushing it down a few times so it won't be so stiff (break it in/loosen it up, the spring that is).

Cheers,
Steve
I got it now, seems like a good advice, maybe also replacing the spring inside with a stronger one would provide a more stable connection and prevent the resistance fluctuation phenomenon

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On the Realeaux at least, the spring is very stiff. Also, the connector is not designed to come apart.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I did not read the thread closely maybe this was mentioned earlier. My rx was reading atty short last night . I read somewhere on the forum there is a,little black foam plug upper left side of battery sled. Remove plug tighten ground screw fixed my atty short issue

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, sorry. now that i re-read what i wrote, i wasn't being very clear. Glad that seems to have fixed the problem. -

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

*L* I just came on here to post my victory story and saw your post. I had the same thought that the adjustable pin was stuck in the down position, so I started working that pin with a screwdriver. Bingo. After a week of 'atomizer short' reads, it's reading perfectly now.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammit to hell. After 24 hours of working perfectly after playing with the spring loaded pin, it's giving me the atomizer short reading again. And when it does fire, the resistance jumped from the 4.2 it is, to reading 6.0.
I took the atty off for a quick rinse/dry fire/rewick. When I put it back on, back to shit.
That 510 is fucked up.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dammit to hell. After 24 hours of working perfectly after playing with the spring loaded pin, it's giving me the atomizer short reading again. And when it does fire, the resistance jumped from the 4.2 it is, to reading 6.0.
I took the atty off for a quick rinse/dry fire/rewick. When I put it back on, back to shit.
That 510 is fucked up.
Try another Tank, some tanks do not work well with that particular 510, if you still getting the Atomizer Short problem get the damn thing replaced, otherwise it will always be erratic. try a non-Joyetech/Wismec device, like the IPV5 or Kanger KBox .. if it is possible to get a replacement. they have a much better 510

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the Firebird specifically to run on the RX. If I can't, I'm going to be pissed.
I'm too frustrated with this thing right now. I'm putting it down for while. Which will work out fine, since Wismec won't answer my email until after the 14th.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no way you will be able to get this to be stable unless you replace that unit, i was in your shoes not long ago and understand how frustrating it can get :(

Why didn't you contact the vendor about a possible replacement? send them a video of the problem and see if they can help you get the unit replaced?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's something wrong with the BIRD

Vape On
Bird is the word.

Actually I have no idea what is going, whether it's the mod or the tank. However, if I see the opportunity to say or write "bird is the word", I'm taking it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That 510 is fucked up.
Sounds like you got a lemon. It happens with mass produced stuff, but Vape NW should replace the damn thing.

darkshaft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same problem here with a new joyetech cuboid of mine, and my friend's.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now the RX200 is giving me the atomizer short read on multiple attys. Wismec is pushing me to deal with the seller and not them. The seller - vapenw - has return policies that are a bad joke. Steer clear of vapenw, people. The nice prices aren't worth the risk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now the RX200 is giving me the atomizer short read on multiple attys. Wismec is pushing me to deal with the seller and not them. The seller - vapenw - has return policies that are a bad joke. Steer clear of vapenw, people. The nice prices aren't worth the risk
Clean the 510 thread bro,

Vape On

redeye93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's going to be fun if you have to deal with Wismec on a warranty issue. I'm going through it right now. After 2 months of using my DNA200, the board took a crap. It took nearly 3 weeks going back and forth with them before they decided to honor the warranty. They tried to make me go through the B&M I got it from. They only have a 14 day return policy. I fill out their stupid form. Submit pictures and receipts and I wait 2 more weeks. I contact them to see where we are at and they say we will forward it to our USA warranty folks. I wait 2 more weeks and don't hear anything from them. I contact them again and finally get an email from the US warranty shop on Friday 2/5. I send in the device the following Monday 2/8 2 day USPS. I wait another week and no response from them. I contact them on 2/15 and this is what they sent me in response to making sure they received it...

Hi ,

We are currently out of stock on the DNA200 and should be receiving a new shipment in the coming 1-2 weeks. We will be able to process your replacement once they arrive.

Thank you for understanding,
MyVapors

They don't have to worry about getting another quarter from me ever. I'm kind of mad I gave them more money for a Noisy Cricket and RX200, but lucky for them, it was before I got into this nightmare with my DNA 200. It will be nearly 2 months without my device at the very least and I'm going to lose my $17 Jwraps wrap. Good thing I have other devices or I'd be really really pissed. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A trick I have used on mods with problematic connectors is to do what they said with a screwdriver by pushing it up and down but I also add alcohol while I do it just to make sure it gets in there and will help dislodge any dirt or what not from production. you can put a decent amount of alcohol to just do it with the batts aout and let it evaporate for a bit after.

If that does not work its a defect or cold joint most likely.

Came here looking for a customer solution, after weeding through the posts "I know more than you rah" I actually found something useful. Leave your ignorant arrogance out of the replies and stay on point, cheers.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Came here looking for a customer solution, after weeding through the posts "I know more than you rah" I actually found something useful. Leave your ignorant arrogance out of the replies and stay on point, cheers.

Zuh???

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update it 250 watts

VAPE IT

Gawd... tell me that's just a joke. :confused:

Mina actually is borked ATM. Line of dead pixels near the bottom and the screen will black out until I reboot, or even easier... just pull the third batt and pop it back in. :(

I'll try the contact cleaner idea first (when I finally remember to pick some up) but there's a chance It'll become an anchor. Sad... and I'll have to redistribute the six batteries.

We'll see.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gawd... tell me that's just a joke. :confused:

Mina actually is borked ATM. Line of dead pixels near the bottom and the screen will black out until I reboot, or even easier... just pull the third batt and pop it back in. :(

I'll try the contact cleaner idea first (when I finally remember to pick some up) but there's a chance It'll become an anchor. Sad... and I'll have to redistribute the six batteries.

We'll see.
It's true Jim 250 watts update...
ThAts really sad Jim BAD BATCH

VU Sponsors