Become a Patron!

Anyone else having issues with tapatalk?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So they upgraded tapatalk and it was pretty unusable, saw that by the reviews as well as personal experience. I couldn't even stay logged in. Had to go find an old version, works great. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had trouble at first but its working fine now. Had to relearn how to navigate though.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I didn't like the navigation at all, using this version seems to be better for me.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapatalking no prob now. Using latest version for igeek devices.

Did take me a ridiculous amount of time to connect to VU though (new to the forum). Searches for VU kept bringing up ECF. After confirming others were able to tapa ... I finally got my tapa-enabled by browsing till I found VU ... no problems since.

Regarding the Tapa UI ... the latest works great, but prior to that I disliked the first major change to the Tapa UI. Been using tapa for several years and I'm currently plenty pleased with the UI. I'm sitting next to my laptop, but using my phone - I like it that much.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking the iPhone version didn't get the crap update android did.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the android version and it's working fine today

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tapatalk makes me want to touch myself inappropriately.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The most recent update from December 29 SUCKS!! I hate this version. At least, on my phone, it's terrible. Fonts changed, set up completely changed, nothing auto refreshes even though I set it up in settings to do so. I hate that version. I want a VU app.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I shit canned tapatalk. I HATE tapatalk. Battery eating POS IMO.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapa suks on iphone. it isn't because the phone is just stupid small, either.
The fonts changed, the settings don't take. I got rid of it, and just use the browser. And somehow, it connected me to a forum I hadn't visited in four years! 2 cars ago!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My contract finally runs out next month. Hoping for a bigger phone. And android. So tired of Apple, too.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get the droid turbo if your going android. Great battery life from what I've seen. I'm still stuck with the droid mini that dies in 6 hours every damn day.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yeps, i have the htc desire 510.. tried tapatalk on it, since my pc is down, nothing but a headache..
so i removed it really quick.. looks like it is now a rss feeder for forums.. and i hate rs feeders.. :(

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I found a somewhat workaround. For my HTC phone I have it only runs tapatalk 2.0, its old but it was free. For my old s3 that I can only use on wifi because its carrier locked to uscc, the version from the Amazon app store runs much better than the google play version. Amazon is often behind on updates on some apps, and in the case of this app that's a good thing. I found a way to download tapatalk 2.0 regardless of what version of Android you're running, but its not the easiest thing to do.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it after the update, so I'm not sure what the old version was like. It was a bit hard to navigate for a while until I got the hang of it.

"E-Cigarette pessimists are stuck on the idea that anything that looks like smoking is bad. They're so blinded by this ideology that they are not able to see e-cigarettes objectively." -Dr. Michael Siegel

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm on android and I hate the new version. I was just starting to get used to the old version, haven't used the program very long.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My phone updated to the V3.3.0
Someone tell me how to undo that. I looked in my tapatalk settings, my phone settings and saw nothing. There has to be a way to undo it?

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like how this thread is on the daily picks for taptalk. Kinda funny if you ask me..but I haven't had to many problems after I got use to the new interface. It was totally annoying though

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine did an update, and it is playing a notification sound every time a post pops up. When I go into settings -> notifications, it only gives me the ability to turn the events on or off. I want to get notified. I just want to change the sound that it uses. Where the hell do I find that?

Other than that, it is working fine.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
android.. Still haven't found it....
I can't speak for Android, just yet, but the sound alerts are in my "push notifications." I don't have mine turned on, so I don't get sounds. Do you have something like that, then an option for "silent" or vibrate?

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
It wouldn't even let me post on here from it on my android but then when i got on here on the computer found out the reason why was cause my email addy was no good as soon as i updated it to a good one it went back to working

VU Sponsors